Btw if you can afford 2500 Mbps connection but can't download during non-peak times or wait for the slow downloads:
Maybe get premium ;)

View attachment 627938
(right now)
In France a 2500Mbps connection is 20 euros, which is one of the lowest prices in Europe if I'm correct. I shouldn't have to pay for a premium account just to download simple files, I'm not asking for much, 1mb/s would be enough, but this is just ridiculous

In France a 2500Mbps connection is 20 euros, which is one of the lowest prices in Europe if I'm correct. I shouldn't have to pay for a premium account just to download simple files, I'm not asking for much, 1mb/s would be enough, but this is just ridiculous
Ah okay, fair enough then! 1000Mbps would be 50€ in Germany...
I agree that the speeds are ridiculous. Sadly solutions are difficult.

Categorizing users into premium / non-premium and giving them some part of the bandwidth is pretty simple in comparison though. But even that took a few months iirc.

Just thought about something. While western countries have had their holiday&new years. Is it not quite a few countries that have new years as the big celebration, or new year and then a week off after that.
Could that explain an unusual high load on servers/unusual high non-premium load, even when "we westerns" look at it like a normal work-week?

EDIT: And from RD Discord. Apparently federally recognized New Years Day holiday in the US. Something something if a federally recognized holiday (like the 1st Jan) falls on a Sunday, it will be moved to Monday or something like that. I read a big article about not being able to buy alcohol in Texas for just over 60hrs...

Last edited:
For over 3 months I haven't been able download mods. So slow that I get network failed. People have mentioned using a download manager. All I have been able to downland is .htm not the link where file is. My internet connection hasn't changed in 6 years but this is a new issue. Is it possible to use download manager with racedpartment?

See this post for more info.
If your ISP has connectivity issues with ours then you may have bad speeds even at off-peak times (e.g. 05:00 UTC). If that's the case for you then a VPN might make a difference.
A download manager isn't likely to help, in my view, but you can always try it.

For over 3 months I haven't been able download mods. So slow that I get network failed. People have mentioned using a download manager. All I have been able to downland is .htm not the link where file is. My internet connection hasn't changed in 6 years but this is a new issue. Is it possible to use download manager with racedpartment?
I'm having exactly the same issue. Are you on virgin broadband by any chance?
Saying that I've even tried downloading the mod I'm after on my phone using 4g and still no better! Let me know if you find a solution to this please . Cheers.

I'm having exactly the same issue.
Do you mean you're having slow downloads or failed downloads?
For the avoidance of doubt (see other thread linked above), right now is VERY much peak time for the site and non-premium downloads will be slow (like maybe 500 kilobits/second kind of slow).

Do you mean you're having slow downloads or failed downloads?
For the avoidance of doubt (see other thread linked above), right now is VERY much peak time for the site and non-premium downloads will be slow (like maybe 500 kilobits/second kind of slow).
Slow to start then failing after a few minutes unfortunately. Have given up with it now tbh . Only wanted the racinglife mod for ams2 but can live without.

bullshit, this website is the slowest for downloads ive ever experienced, holidays are over now and yet again i have a small 442mb thats going to take over an hour when other websites takes seconds...sort it out please champ!

Yeah I’m in the UK, my download speed is 220mb or whatever which is very good for UK and I downloaded Microsoft HDR calibrator app just now and it took seconds…my RD download took around 55mins
Yeah, sadly "normal" for the time being :(
Servers are just overloaded at peak times and Saturday evening in Europe is one of the heaviest times.

I'm not really noticing it due to premium but my speeds also drop from like 12 MB/s on a Tuesday morning to 3-6 MB/s on a Saturday.

Yeah I’m in the UK, my download speed is 220mb or whatever which is very good for UK and I downloaded Microsoft HDR calibrator app just now and it took seconds…my RD download took around 55mins

Let's say someone has 10000 GBP*. Then at Saturday evening. 20000 people* are wanting to share those 10000 GBP*. That's not much left to each person. Then consider some of those 20000 people* have paid to become a premium member of a place, they obviously would want some extras for that.

So now someone has 10000 GBP*. However, they have split it to two pots. One regular pot of 7500 GBP*, and one premium pot of 2500 GBP*.
The same people show up to share those 10000 GBP*. However, 2000* of those are premium members. So those 2000* share the pot of 2500 GBP*, while the 18000* non premiums share a pot of 7500 GBP*.

That's bascially what happens when you download anything from any site in the world. There is a set bandwith, and that is shared among X amount of people. If the number of people is low enough compared to bandwith, is the users own internet speed that will be the limit. If the number of people are too high compared to the bandwith that limits.

* Numbers totally made up, but it is to illustrate how it works in quite broad, simple terms.

Let's say someone has 10000 GBP*. Then at Saturday evening. 20000 people* are wanting to share those 10000 GBP*. That's not much left to each person. Then consider some of those 20000 people* have paid to become a premium member of a place, they obviously would want some extras for that.

So now someone has 10000 GBP*. However, they have split it to two pots. One regular pot of 7500 GBP*, and one premium pot of 2500 GBP*.
The same people show up to share those 10000 GBP*. However, 2000* of those are premium members. So those 2000* share the pot of 2500 GBP*, while the 18000* non premiums share a pot of 7500 GBP*.

That's bascially what happens when you download anything from any site in the world. There is a set bandwith, and that is shared among X amount of people. If the number of people is low enough compared to bandwith, is the users own internet speed that will be the limit. If the number of people are too high compared to the bandwith that limits.

* Numbers totally made up, but it is to illustrate how it works in quite broad, simple terms.
LOL don’t patronise me, I’m not thick. Fact is, this happens all too often, for a site as widely adopted as Racedepartment things should be better in 2023…

LOL don’t patronise me, I’m not thick. Fact is, this happens all too often, for a site as widely adopted as Racedepartment things should be better in 2023…

It's an explanation on why things are as they are.

Things should be better in 2023... Inflation happens to cost of servers, transfers etc as well. It's not free to run RD.

Last edited:
I'm getting around 15 - 20 Mb in the UK 10:13 GMT
330Mb download in under 20 seconds.

I'm not saying that people aren't getting slow speeds but it's not simply all down to the RD servers and their connection to the outside world.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 78 89.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 33.3%