Please see here:
Nice, ta. While we wait for the i3D team to get back to us (I'll give them a nudge if I don't hear back from them soon), I'd suggest that if you experience another slow download from the RD site, it's probably worth checking to see if the www.speedtest.net shows any kind of slowdown from the i3D Rotterdam server.
(NB: to manage your expectations a little, it's still conceivable that the outcome of this exercise may just end up being an impasse between i3D and DTAG once again, whereby they both recognise that they have (intermittent?) poor connectivity between their servers but neither of them is/feels directly responsible for that and therefore things don't/won't change. I hope that's not where we are headed but we'll see...)

OK, encouraging news @Rodolfo, @Sascha Guenther: i3D are making a change to their network routing setup, which I very much hope will cure the problem for you and other RD members who are customers of Deutsche Telekom.

As such, we don't (yet) need any debugging information from you, provided of course that the routing change has the desired effect.

NB: this change will essentially be a temporary work-around for a problem which is outside the direct control of i3D, and it comes with the caveat that future changes to network routing by third parties (such as DTAG) may cause the problems to return. However, if this happens, please speak up and we'll see about getting an equivalent change made to restore speeds.

tl;dr: I hope that your speeds are now what you would hope for, but please let me know either way ;)

OK, encouraging news @Rodolfo, @Sascha Guenther: i3D are making a change to their network routing setup, which I very much hope will cure the problem for you and other RD members who are customers of Deutsche Telekom.

As such, we don't (yet) need any debugging information from you, provided of course that the routing change has the desired effect.

NB: this change will essentially be a temporary work-around for a problem which is outside the direct control of i3D, and it comes with the caveat that future changes to network routing by third parties (such as DTAG) may cause the problems to return. However, if this happens, please speak up and we'll see about getting an equivalent change made to restore speeds.

tl;dr: I hope that your speeds are now what you would hope for, but please let me know either way ;)
Thanks man, appreciate your efforts here! Congrats to the people involved and cared. Btw currently I don´t have issues with the bandwith, downloads are working flawless.

Thanks man, appreciate your efforts here! Congrats to the people involved and cared. Btw currently I don´t have issues with the bandwith, downloads are working flawless.

I talked with a German that races in rF2, who have struggled with some random disconnects from our rFactor2 servers lately, but not any other servers. While no other rF2 racers at RD have had issues.
So I asked him yesterday, and he also use Deutsche Telekom, so will check in with him as well if this i3d workaround fixes his issues.

Hello, just like to add that I also have this problem, website and downloads are loading extremely slow. Downloads do not go much faster than 30Kb/s, taking hours to download but never completing (network error/interrupt). Have just purchased premium membership, same problem.

I live in Indonesia, and the website has always been very fast until Feb this year. I'm on a 90Mbps connection, and speetests to racedepartment always give me full speed. What could be the issue?

Hello, just like to add that I also have this problem, website and downloads are loading extremely slow. Downloads do not go much faster than 30Kb/s, taking hours to download but never completing (network error/interrupt). Have just purchased premium membership, same problem.

I live in Indonesia, and the website has always been very fast until Feb this year. I'm on a 90Mbps connection, and speetests to racedepartment always give me full speed. What could be the issue?
Happy to take a look at this for you.

When you say "speetests to racedepartment always give me full speed", I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps you mean speed tests to the speedtest.net server operated by i3D in Rotterdam, as outlined above in another post by me?

Are you willing to try some tests from your end to provide debugging information that we can share with i3D?
If so, here are the instructions they supplied last time I was in touch with them:
Please have them navigate to https://www.i3d.net/myip/ and follow the instructions posted there. Please also have them mention the IP-address so we can test the connection. They can find their IP address at the top of the page on https://www.i3d.net/myip/
In short, the process which is explained on this page will involve an "MTR" test (an enhanced type of "traceroute").
[edit: for anyone else reading this, the MTR test should be carried out against the i3D server in Rotterdam, since that's where our server is located]
If you carry out the process, please share the output with me in a private message, and I'll then ask i3D to investigate further.

Last edited:
PS: feel free to request a refund (using the "Contact us" button at the bottom of each page) if this was the only reason for buying Premium ;)
Thanks very much, will get on it right away and be in touch through DM!
Edit: The MTR test that is, not the refund, am happy to keep this year's subscription if things get sorted out

Last edited:
I am also experiencing painfully slow downloads. About 1 to 1.5 megabits/sec.

My connection is a gigabit fiber line (935 mbit up and down, symmetric) in the SF Bay Area, California.

Speedtest.net to i3D's Rotterdam location is about 4.75 mbit down, 94 mbit up. Testing other locations in Netherlands including Rotterdam, I see ~190mbit/sec or more.

Here's the MTR results:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | setup.ubnt.com - 0 | 227 | 227 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | |162-226-172-1.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net - 0 | 227 | 227 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | | 71.148.149.102 - 0 | 227 | 227 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | | 12.242.117.22 - 1 | 224 | 223 | 2 | 4 | 10 | 3 | | 192.205.37.58 - 0 | 227 | 227 | 3 | 7 | 82 | 4 | | ae-9.r24.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 2 | 213 | 209 | 4 | 7 | 33 | 4 | | ae-2.r24.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 6 | 188 | 178 | 66 | 68 | 77 | 69 | | ae-13.r21.parsfr04.fr.bb.gin.ntt.net - 5 | 192 | 183 | 136 | 138 | 149 | 137 | | ae-0.r20.parsfr04.fr.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 227 | 227 | 136 | 137 | 148 | 136 | | ae-6.r21.amstnl07.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net - 2 | 211 | 207 | 177 | 195 | 222 | 197 | | ae-1.a00.amstnl09.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net - 1 | 223 | 222 | 182 | 195 | 226 | 195 | |ae-0.interactive-3d.amstnl09.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net - 3 | 203 | 197 | 183 | 197 | 263 | 199 | | nlrtm1-rt003i.i3d.net - 1 | 219 | 217 | 185 | 195 | 236 | 197 | | ns1.i3d.nl - 2 | 216 | 213 | 176 | 192 | 203 | 195 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v1.00 GPLv2 (original by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back