'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Andre regards the (Text Log Info).
I presume JS is Javascript gain and BS is the Bass Shaker gain?

We can see the values and percentages but can you explain more or give an example from the log.
Highlighting the scenario of clipping. I assume this is clipping of the data rather than amplifier clipping but both potentially can happen with some amps that may have a high input gain (pre-amp stage) and using 0dB amplitude depending on the wav and the frequencies it uses.

Without looking too deep into this as yet. I still am a bit uncertain here regards the combination/usage of combining different.wav amplitudes with SSW slider positions as to the total values that may be generated as what would give users the best resolution and immersion.

Going by feel alone can help but is there an easy way to have the log values be represented in RED if clipping is occurring? If we have an indicator of some form then it would help with understanding this better or to potentially avoid it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last night my Windows 10 installed some security updates (namely KB4103727,KB4103729) and restarted. After that I found SimShaker - Wheels not able to initialize its audio subsystem with an error
NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device. The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070424)
Restarting the PC once again solved the problem.

Upvote 0
Hey, Andrei-

I can share screenshots later but noticed last night that Road Surface effects stopped working. When I enable log and start driving, with only Road Surface checked, no calls to fire effects happen. All other effects are fine. This is with both Base and Custom files in 6 shaker format. I did not test 2 or 1.

Let me know if there are particular things I should try and I'll get to it tonight and provide feedback.

Upvote 0
I've been testing and playing with settings all day and I too have found that sometimes it doesn't seem like some effects are taking place. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Testing mainly Accel and Decel effects and also using EQ. I can't say for sure but it seems that sometimes the effects are working and when I change something, it doesn't feel like it takes affect. Will need to try again tomorrow.

Upvote 0
@=Andre= Here you go Andre.

The below was testing with AC.

This screenshot is taken after starting up SSW and turning off all effects except for Road Surface. I then drove for a little and you can see no calls are being made.
7WKcyrr.jpg

The below is turning on Road Bumps, driving for a bit then turning off Road Bumps then turning on Road Surface.
TLYxCIC.jpg

One other strange thing though I have no idea if it is connected, after shutting down AC, the preset window didn't automatically close.

Upvote 0
Thank you Hiro Abe.
Please set Road Bumps Filtering Threshold value higher than Road Surface Filtering Threshold, having in mind that events with input signal level higher than Road Bumps Filtering Threshold won't be played in Road Surface effect. Keep Filtering Threshold labels colored black, but not red.

>>One other strange thing though I have no idea if it is connected, after shutting down AC, the preset window didn't automatically close.
Yes, that's possible. A known issue. Not connected.

Upvote 0
The slider turning red got my attention when this was implemented, lol :roflmao:
Sending you new files soon Scot you can try and see how they feel.

I have Bumps at 70 and Surface usually between 5-10 Threshold
Although being custom files they have very different wav

Currently, the default files are the exact same (bumps/surface) so this brings much less variation in potential feel.

For me, having surface implemented brings what we sought after. Lots of surface activity and detail but less activity yet good and strong energy with bumps. Really feel now much more from the tracks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=Andre=, do you have any connection with the people behind the ForceFeel 08, which seems to be the replacement for the JetSeat? Is this a different company to Gametrix (who produced the JetSeat), as Gametrix branding seems absent from their website (apart from support@gametrix.eu being listed as their email address). Is 'ForceFeel' the new name for 'Gametrix' or are they a separate company? ForceFeel are based in the Czech Republic, Gametrix I believe were (are?) from Russia. The JetSeat website now directs us to ForceFeel. Is this a brand new product from a brand new company or an evolution of the JetSeat? It's all a little confusing.

https://forcefeel.tech/products/forcefeel

The ForceFeel 08 seems to be at the crowdfunding stage (with production dependent on preorders). They are actively promoting compatibility with your SimShaker software, so I wondered if you had any knowledge that you could share?

Upvote 0
Yes, we are connected with Tomas, a gametrix.eu web-site operator from Czech Republic. He is an official european reseller/distributor of original russian based Gametrix.
'ForceFeel' is not the new name for 'Gametrix'. The new product has appeared when Tomas has sold out entirely his Gametrix JetSeat KW-908 stock. It's a kind of replacement for KW-908 model.
I have in plans supporting in SimShaker the new ForceFeel device, among with JetSeats and bass-shakers, when/if the new device we'll be ready for the integration.

Upvote 0
Yes, we are connected with Tomas, a gametrix.eu web-site operator from Czech Republic. He is an official european reseller/distributor of original russian based Gametrix.
'ForceFeel' is not the new name for 'Gametrix'. The new product has appeared when Tomas has sold out entirely his Gametrix JetSeat KW-908 stock. It's a kind of replacement for KW-908 model.
I have in plans supporting in SimShaker the new ForceFeel device, among with JetSeats and bass-shakers, when/if the new device we'll be ready for the integration.
Thanks @=Andre=. So this is the official replacement for the JetSeat KW-908, and still made by Gametrix.
My concern was that the product doesn't actually exist yet and was depending on preorders to fund development, but from what you've said it's all ready to ship once stock of the KW-908 is completely depleted?

Upvote 0
I don't quite understand what do you mean under "official". Gametrix is not connected to all this new stuff as well as the new product readiness to be shipped is not connected to existing KW-908 stock.

Upvote 0
I don't quite understand what do you mean under "official". Gametrix is not connected to all this new stuff as well as the new product readiness to be shipped is not connected to existing KW-908 stock.
Ah, OK apologies - I think I misunderstood. Is the ForceFeel a totally separate product to the JetSeat then, and NOT a replacement? ForceFeel has been developed independently by a reseller/distributor of JetSeat products? Both seats will be on sale at the same time from different companies? If true then that seems like an odd relationship, with a distributor effective having a competing product to his supplier, and using the name of his supplier in his support email address?
It's all still a little confusing..!

Upvote 0
Life seems to be a very complex phenomena.
Indeed it is. I'm still not sure where the ForceFeel sits. If this is indeed a competing product to the JetSeats that you sell then apologies for introducing it to your thread, but the marketing of it seems to suggest that it is linked to Gametrix and I was wondering whether you would be supporting it with your software (which you have confirmed), and also whether you would be offering it for sale alongside the JetSeat.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back