'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Mr Latte,
I would say we can put in question my methods of detecting bumps, since games don't expose bumps on in obvious manner. And I try to improve my methods in that area.
In case of Acceleration effects my method seems to be straight forward and natural, since it's based directly on acceleration values, explicitly exposed by the games.
I have in plans to re-factor my limiting compressor feature in SSW, since I have achieved better results wth that on the other piece of SimShaker software. I think I'd prefer to do that, rather than "disfigure" acceleration effects method.

Upvote 0
Mr Latte,
I would say we can put in question my methods of detecting bumps, since games don't expose bumps on in obvious manner. And I try to improve my methods in that area.
In case of Acceleration effects my method seems to be straight forward and natural, since it's based directly on acceleration values, explicitly exposed by the games.
I have in plans to re-factor my limiting compressor feature in SSW, since I have achieved better results wth that on the other piece of SimShaker software. I think I'd prefer to do that, rather than "disfigure" acceleration effects method.

All I can do is offer you my own experience based on the tactile operating side of things.

The internal workings, we do not need to know or pry into methods you use. You did your own research on all that and is what makes your software what it is. Any new solutions you are considering are certainly appreciated. On my end I can alter the .wav to possibly fit better with how the compression is operating.

I want to be able to achieve the max duration possible for the activity of the effect but some of my current .wav are just far too strong when using 100% gain. If you can give suggestions here then this is good. I do not have a great deal of experience with compressors, bar using Dynamic EQ within iNuke DSP. Although I presume you are referring to possibly altering the ratio used.

I don't expect you to jump to everything requested but this software with suggestions from others and myself and your own continued work certainly has improved this software and its potential in the last year.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this thread down to n00b level. But I am trying to get SSW working and I think my standard sound is all that seems to come through my shakers (as if i did not have SSW) I get the following log (below). I am running my 3.5mm stereo to dual RCA into my amp out of the green jack on the back of my factory sound card (Realtek speakers / Headphone). I use rift for audio. Any advice?

Thank you for using SimShaker - Wheels!
Drive with pleasure :)
23:27:45.309 Got common settings from CommonData.cfg
23:27:45.319 0+
23:27:45.319 1+
23:27:45.320 2+
23:27:45.376 SimShaker - Wheels | version 2.35 Started
23:27:45.378 NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8889000E/nSimShaker Audio mode disabled, try again.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this thread down to n00b level. But I am trying to get SSW working and I think my standard sound is all that seems to come through my shakers (as if i did not have SSW) I get the following log (below). I am running my 3.5mm stereo to dual RCA into my amp out of the green jack on the back of my factory sound card (Realtek speakers / Headphone). I use rift for audio. Any advice?

Thank you for using SimShaker - Wheels!
Drive with pleasure :)
23:27:45.309 Got common settings from CommonData.cfg
23:27:45.319 0+
23:27:45.319 1+
23:27:45.320 2+
23:27:45.376 SimShaker - Wheels | version 2.35 Started
23:27:45.378 NaudioPlaybackEngine: could not initialize playback device. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8889000E/nSimShaker Audio mode disabled, try again.
In case of Exception from HRESULT: 0x8889000E please check if exclusive control by applications is allowed at Windows Sound -> Playback devices -> [Your Device] -> Propeties -> Advanced tab
If no sound card selected, SSW will try to use default sound card in the system.

Other possible exception codes:
0x8889000A - the sound card is in use by some other application
0x88890004 - SSW couldn't find the soundcard by its ID stored in SSW settings file.

Upvote 0
thanks I had played with those settings in control panel to get the audio to work through my shakers and rift before giving ssw a go, I will double check those.
the SSW software seems very easy to navigate and your engagement here is a real selling point Andre, I am looking forward to getting it sorted out.

Andre, does your software enable feeling wheel slip / rumble effects / ect for individual tires if I was to run 4 transducers (1 to represent each tire?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still having issues here is what it looks like. Cannt get ssw to take over my shakers. Hopefully this pic can help with diagnosis. Again sorry for the n00b issues here...not a computer genuis by any stretch.

I tried both with and without the box for exclusive control by applications allowed in Windows Sound for the onboard realtek soundcard that signals my amp running the transducers.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180413_114621.jpg
    thumbnail_20180413_114621.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mostly use the Beta version...
Don't seem to have much issues although......
YET AGAIN I have just lost another activation as the software for me keeps going back to demo mode.

Upvote 0
Hello Andre,

First, thank you for your work.

Second, i've been trying Version 2.37. When i have one side of the car outside the track, i've vibrations in both sides of the jetseat, when i think that only should vibrate the side of the jetseat corresponding to the side of the car outside the track.

bg2ozt.jpg

As you can see in the picture, i was driving with the right side of the car outside the track but as you can see in the log, there are events from both sides, and the jetseat vibrates in both sides. Maybe, i'm doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
Hello Ziggy972,
that's the problem I haven't solved yet.

You will get it eventually, I'm confident. :)

I noticed earlier today, seems to be with the current beta that 80% - 100% saturation is not helping stereo anymore like it once seemed to do.

Would using the community based "Suspension Test Track" help?

Upvote 0
Anybody having sudden crashing issues? I haven't made any change and I've experienced multiple SSW crashes where before it has been rock solid. I'm wondering if its a Win10 update though I don't think there's been one from the past few days. I'm still trying to determine if there is a certain sequence that causes the crash. I've been experiencing it with both the current release and the beta. Yes, I've tried rebooting my computer. I doubt it's SSW but some little thing has changed with my system that has caused it to become unstable. Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back