'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
hey, i tried all outputs :( nothing is working i guess the problem is what the error message says:

Die Komponente mit CLSID {F447B69E-1884-4A7E-8055-346F74D6EDB3} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 80040154 Klasse nicht registriert (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))./

in english something like Component CLSID.... not found because of this error: 80040154 Class not registered. maybe some missing dependency?

EDIT:
thats not the problem :(:
Writing this i have a idea: I'm using Windows 10 Pro N. The N-Version is without the media pack stuff. i'll bet that this is the problem and I need to install the media feature pack. i'll try tomorrow and give you feedback.

EDIT2: maybe https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000009384

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In case of 1 or 2 channel configuration SimShaker - Wheels relays on Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI), which I suggest may be missed if media pack stuff is not presented in the system.

Upvote 0
@=Andre= really nice piece of software. Tried it a couple of months ago in iRacing with the demo. Bought it yesterday to give it a try with Assetto Corsa.

Just using 2 body shakers total, one for each side and feels pretty good. Read the whole 30 pages in this thread to get a good sense of this piece of software and to get the best feeling. Understand that @Mr Latte is pretty much king in this tactile area, so wel worth the read!

A couple of months ago @Mr Latte stated that "gear changes" not always felt right. I experience the same thing in assetto corsa and also a very 'dull' and far away feeling comparing to the rest of the settings. (gear shifts on 100%, the rest below 50%) Also there is a double feeling when shifting to the next gear with sequential stick. Both 'problems' isn't something to do with the telemetry from assetto corsa because @PanaRace970 is doing a amazing job with his 'Free' piece of software "Drivevibe". The gear changes are just 'one' rumble in his software and not the rumble you get to 'Neutral' and then one again to the 'Gear' itself. Also the effect is a lot more present in Drivevibe. So it's not in the telemetry but in Simshaker - Wheels software. Other then that, very nice work!

I hope you could fix this problem, because a present feel of gear shifts brings a lot of immersion, especially now I'm used to the feeling of 'Drivevibe'. I've tried to use them both, but when I use 'Drivevibe' just for the 'gear shifts' and I start Simshaker - Wheels, Simshaker takes it all over and Drivevibe stops working.

So to just use Simshaker - Wheels, please jump in to the gear shifts and I'm a happy man!:)

Thanks in advance..

Upvote 0
Hello Andre,

How does the 'Bumps FX for iRacing to refactor' go? I'm not rushing you, only to know how advanced is the work.

Thank you very much. I'm enjoying your Software very much, but that feature would be great.

Upvote 0
Hello Ziggy972,
I'm working on it.
I've increased sensitivity for Bumps in case of iRacing. You can try this out in beta 2.36 version.

New in this beta version:
  • Former Bumps&Buffets effect splitted onto Road Bumps and Road Surface effects. The latter is intended to reproduce relatively small bumps, which level is lower than Road Bumps effect Filtering Threshold. Road Surface effect calls samples with names 18, 19 and 20 for left, right and both sides correspondently. Road Bumps effect calls samples with names 4, 5 and 6 for left, right and both sides correspondently.
  • Road Bumps and Road Surface effects sensitivity increased for iRacing telemetry.
  • Gear Shift effect is modified to not reproduce feedback when gear is shifted to neutral (0-numbered) position.
  • Small GUI changes.
  • Some other minor improvements.
beta SimShaker - Wheels   Version 2.36.png

Upvote 0
Hello Ziggy972,
I'm working on it.
I've increased sensitivity for Bumps in case of iRacing. You can try this out in beta 2.36 version.

New in this beta version:
  • Former Bumps&Buffets effect splitted onto Road Bumps and Road Surface effects. The latter is intended to reproduce relatively small bumps, which level is lower than Road Bumps effect Filtering Threshold. Road Surface effect calls samples with names 18, 19 and 20 for left, right and both sides correspondently. Road Bumps effect calls samples with names 4, 5 and 6 for left, right and both sides correspondently.
  • Road Bumps and Road Surface effects sensitivity increased for iRacing telemetry.
  • Gear Shift effect is modified to not reproduce feedback when gear is shifted to neutral (0-numbered) position.
  • Small GUI changes.
  • Some other minor improvements.
View attachment 244348

Thanks! Looking great!

Can't wait to test it.

Upvote 0
Have my Oculus App open, SSW open, enter iracing.

I enter the car and hit TEST or Drive.
All my Tactile unit's start operating and are quite intense, I select clutch then gear.

Soon as I start to drive tactile calms down and begin to work normal.

Upvote 0
I suggest you should try to increase Filtering Threshold value for new Road Surface effect. Or you can try to disable this effect at all by the corresponding checkbox.
May I see a screenshot with your settings for iRacing?

Upvote 0
Hi Andre,

I took WAV 18-19-20 from Base 6 and dropped it into my Mr. Latte set Custom 6 folder.
Does Bumps have to be enable for Road Surface to work ?

With Road Surface only checked I feel no effect.

Thank you

Upvote 0
I took WAV 18-19-20 from Base 6 and dropped it into my Mr. Latte set Custom 6 folder.
Does Bumps have to be enable for Road Surface to work ?

With Road Surface only checked I feel no effect.

Same here. Tried the beta last night and even with Road Surface at 100% gain, I felt nothing with it just checked. Hard to say if I felt anything different when I had bumps checked as well. I didn't go back and forth between the beta and current release.

NOTE: I first tried just copying 20.wav into my Customized folder then tried also copying in 18 & 19.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%