'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
I'm a total newbie at this sort of stuff - a proper guide on where to stick the cables into etc... would be handy!

I have a usb sound card which is going into my sound bar for music/game sounds etc... which leaves me free the onboard sound connections which are all analogue etc (front speaker rear speaker, sub centre, headphone + I have optical socket)
I have a small amp that is connected to my single bass shaker and I want to connect from the onboard sound to my amp that has the bass shaker connected. My amp has 1 3.5mm input jack and red/white input jacks. I've been using the 3.5 jack just for audio tactile and that's wotked okay but now I want to use the software I bought from you. How do I use the 3.5mm input jack on my amp - where do I stick the other side 3.5mm jack into my computer? I tried everything and nothing is alive it seems. I've allowed the motherboard to have exclusive control as well for the audio connections...
I think a simple guide for simple minds like me would be great as the software is sold and presumed that we know what we're doing - I don't! :D

Look forward to help... :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the speedy reply. What I did in the meantime was to stick my 3.5 jack amp into my tiny green headphone socket of my usb soundcard. If I do it this way everything on my computer works as well including rift, soundbar, tv headphones etc - would it be better to use the omboard sound for better effects. I only ask as my usb soundcard works and works in what i'm trying to do but it is very weak usb soundcard and it was only 6 dollars new. I'm thinking it will be okay as it goes to an amp which then amplifies to the bass shaker. Or is there a particular reason to use onboard instead of cheap usb soundcard? I'm sorry I'm just total new.

Also do I do stuff with the gains and filters if I use cheap usb sound card and do I need to do stuff with a graphic equaliser to make it more bass. Does putting gain to 100% make the effect stronger. And what does filter do? Sorry for the very simple questions - your software works though I can tell I just need to get more to it. When I had my bass shaker as just a bassshaker on audio sounds alone there was more but that was it - just engine rumble. But your software does more I can feel this - just need a tiny bit stronger effect that's why I ask lots of questions.

Upvote 0
Or maybe I should ask is - what's the best gain and filter settings for 1 bass shakers. I see everything is eet to 50 default - is the default 50% the same for all bass shakers whether you have 1 or 4?

Upvote 0
It looks l like you got it sorted out but I figured I would add some to these basic questions since I cluttered up the thread so much with my own struggles. See my sound card settings below to get SSW working with an on board sound card and Rift. Hopefully this helps prevent any confusion on this, I think the stereo mix is a tricky one since it is required for audio if someone was using shakers previously with no software. To run ssw you do not want stereo mix enabled

The output from sound card is the green 3.5 jack. Make sure that your stereo mix is disabled. I had to set up the onboard sound card first then enable my rift (aka set rift as default) as my last step.

My set up is 2 shakers L and R for now.

Attachments

• speaker config.PNG
    speaker config.PNG
    78.3 KB · Views: 213
  • exclusive control check.PNG
    exclusive control check.PNG
    32.6 KB · Views: 196
  • stero mix disabled.PNG
    stero mix disabled.PNG
    49.7 KB · Views: 235
  • rift default.PNG
    rift default.PNG
    72.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks so much scottiedawg66 for posting this up - I will look and learn from them in the next few hours so don't delete them!! :D

I managed to get some more shake from the amp with a 2 to 1 cable - my input amp on my small amp is a "superbass input jack" which was 60 watts which is what I was using; on the amp there's also a red and white inputs plugs which are 40 watts so when I combined these input plugs I have 80 watts (20 watts more now) and run through this instead and leave the super input unplugged. The shake is a bit more noticeable now...
In both cases my amp volume is at 100% but my bass shaker is rated for 100 watts with a 200 watt burst so I'm not worried about bass shaker. My amp is just running warm with 100% volume after prolonged use. The extra 20 watts are noticeable so i'm happy unless i'm told i'm told not to run at 100% volume...

Anyways - the software works for me now for some fine tuning!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, it doesn't matter - your software works good with race sims games; so i'm happy! Though after paying for the amp, sound card, cables, bass shaker, SSW - I just wish I bought your seat instead! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shakers are very demanding on amps. Make sure that you keep an eye on temps and that your amp suppprts whatever impedence your shakers are. Many of us use a high powered ,300w x2 channel at 4 ohm, studio amp good for 4 or 2 ohms. Inuke1000

Upvote 0
My single bass shaker I use is 4ohm and my amp can do 4ohm to 8ohm - I don't really know what it means tbh - my amp doesn't get hot to touch or anything like that - just gets a bit warm when on full blast...

My amp:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Fi-Audi...rd_wg=WhaXE&psc=1&refRID=D0HMHNJATCEMRCA1SQZN

My bass shaker:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sinustec-1...F8&qid=1524167065&sr=8-5&keywords=bass+shaker

The amp gives different watts numbers in the box instructions compared to amazon website; super bass socket 60 watts and each the red and white input is 40 watts. So I joined the red and white into of those single 3.5mm jack cables then straight into my 3.5mm socket on sound card.

I've got the "super budget" setup, but it seems to work (fingers crossed/touch wood)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Andre-

I've attached screenshots of the actual error message I get and screenshots of the 3 errors Windows' Event logs provides.

I tried the new profile account but I'm getting the same error.

Hope you see something since for now, I simply can't run SSW. It starts up fine but when I'm ready to drive in the sim, I can feel SSW provide feedback but it then crashes within, say, 15 seconds or so. Please note, I was having zero issues up till about a week ago.

Thanks much!

Attachments

• SSW_error_msg.jpg
    SSW_error_msg.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 214
  • SSW_app_error1.jpg
    SSW_app_error1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 195
  • SSW_app_error2.jpg
    SSW_app_error2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 186
  • SSW_app_error3.jpg
    SSW_app_error3.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Good news. Please send me those errors via PM.
And I'd like to see your SSW log when the app is just started, before crashing.
I suggest the problem may be with a customized file.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%