'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
We were talking about iRacing.
I haven't changed AC methods Mr Latte.

Will look at this again, might of had "Road Textures" also on when monitoring and I have it using a very low threshold for greater activity. I'm sure many users seek good working stereo not only left/right but front to back with wheel specific bumps in all sims if its possible.

Apart from stereo issues, I am really enjoying the bump effects and still playing around with .wav for them.

Upvote 0
sound card settings. I have tried with and without the stereo enabled and "listen to device" checked.

Attachments

• stero mix.PNG
    stero mix.PNG
    93.4 KB · Views: 238
  • realtek properties.PNG
    realtek properties.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 237
  • playback 1.PNG
    playback 1.PNG
    66.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=Andre= Currently, I am using SSW with 2 BassPump3 shakers mounted under the seat of my TrakRacer RS8 which is working great, but I am having issues with my neighbor underneath although not using much volume.

Would a JetSeat solve this issue?
And what's the difference between the 901 and 908? Only two motors?

Thx!

Upvote 0
here is a screen shot with the "enable exclusive control" box checked, it is the same issue as above.

This is the only error I get no matter how I configure my sound card. Just to be clear. Would I want to enable the stereo mixer and check "listen to this device" and select realtek audio speakers or is that not necessary? I have tried to get SSW working with and without the stereo mixer enabled and still get the same error.

When testing my shakers with game audio I had to configure the stereo mixer to get W10 to play sound to 2 different out puts. (rift and signal to my amp from on board sound card) Does SSW need the stereo mix enabled (as per the pic below) or not?

I also included a pic of my speaker config

Attachments

• checked.PNG
    checked.PNG
    260.7 KB · Views: 251
  • stero mix.PNG
    stero mix.PNG
    93.4 KB · Views: 256
  • speaker config.PNG
    speaker config.PNG
    78.4 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0
That's 50/50. Out of the box SSW generates signals for 4 corners bass-shakers, but currently internal logic analyses wheels data by pairs FL+RL and RL+RR. For example, if only FL wheel slips, both left side bass-shakers will be engaged to play the effect.

Upvote 0
bummer that it is not possible to split out wheel slip between Front and Rear. I would even just want to turn off wheel slip Front and let my wheel take care of that and let the butt kickers handle everything else and rear wheel slip.

Upvote 0
bummer that it is not possible to split out wheel slip between Front and Rear. I would even just want to turn off wheel slip Front and let my wheel take care of that and let the butt kickers handle everything else and rear wheel slip.

You can do this. In fact, I do this but the opposite. I have wheel slip at the front but not the back. All's you have to do is modify the waveform for wheelslip so it comes out of either the left or right channel only - depending on your front/back set up. If you do some searching, Mr. Latte has posted extensively about modding waveforms. It really isn't difficult and you only need a free bit of software - Audacity. It's one of the keen things about SSW... the extent in customizing.

Upvote 0

I dont know if Andre has tried having the fronts work in stereo as normal but then reverse/mirror the effects channel operation in the rear.

This way a "front left" wheelslip activity would have a "rear right" activity. Not both front and rear slipping. We could then alter the .wav amplitude for the rear to increase or reduce its energy if desired. Maybe this needs more consideration also to the telemetry values in the log.

It may sound weird but I've seen in previously monitoring some effects Simvibe work in this diagonal manner, although would have to go back and look more closely again at what effects it did this with.

Upvote 0
I mentioned a problem I'm having when running SSW. Again, I'm positive this is NOT the fault of SSW. As Andre suggested, I took a look at my event log and it seems to be an issue with my KernelBase.dll (lives in the System32 Windows folder). I've tried a few things but the one thing I haven't which has showed up as a solution from several searches is recreating my Windows' account. This has been annoying since I basically have not been able to run SSW for a bit now. I had some minor success trying to run it as administrator which lends me to think that recreating my account just may solve this. I will attempt this tonight.

I'm throwing this out there just in case anyone else comes across this. I have absolutely no idea what caused the issue and this KernelBase.dll error has come up a number of times in 'net searches but can be associated with various software. Very odd... and annoying. Not uncommon with Windows. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play