Sim lab P1 vs GT 1

I am close to purchasing my first 8020 rig and really like the look of the Sim lab P1 and GT 1 sim rigs . Apart from obviously the price difference what are the advantages or disadvantages of either from anyone with experience of these rigs ?? Struggling to decide..

• Deleted member 197115

Can anyone with a P1 give me the height from the ground that their butt is at with the normal little legs that come with it to give me an idea of how much higher I would need to make it. I know the different seats will change that but a rough idea will do.

Thanks.
Same for GT1 please.

Upvote 0
I am considering getting the GT1 but I noticed that the pedal tray is connected to the wheel supports. This looks like it limits how far the pedals can go forward compared to the wheel. Is this an issue for tall people?

Upvote 0
You can push the pedal tray pretty far back, and then mount your pedals to the very top end of that tray, giving huge distance should you need it. You can also move your seat back and move the wheel deck closer, so there is space to be recovered there too. Pushing the wheel deck uprights even further forward while offsetting the distance by moving the wheel deck forward is another option, allowing the pedal deck to move further forward.

Very adjustable and I can't see anyone under 2m tall having a massive issue.

Upvote 0
I am considering getting the GT1 but I noticed that the pedal tray is connected to the wheel supports. This looks like it limits how far the pedals can go forward compared to the wheel. Is this an issue for tall people?
I went with the P1 because of that, I’m 1.96m and have the pedal deck much further back than the GT1 would allow, though I do have the wheeldeck right back to put 5 bolts in it but I still don’t think I’d get the same distance with it forward.

Upvote 0
I went with the P1 because of that, I’m 1.96m and have the pedal deck much further back than the GT1 would allow, though I do have the wheeldeck right back to put 5 bolts in it but I still don’t think I’d get the same distance with it forward.

Thanks, I ended up going with a rig from 4play racing. It does not look as nice but it was significantly cheaper.

Anyone notice that Sim Lab's website is down?

Upvote 0
Well, I've ordered a P1 bundle. At first I emailed them to see if they had any suggestions of how to make the rig higher for me to use my TV.

Darko is the one that replied and was very helpful and accommodating including sending me a picture from their 3D CAD program they use when I asked for an image to give me some idea of how some solutions would look.

A few emails back and forth and I've settled on 4 legs made of profile that will be threaded and attaching the caster wheels to that as I need to easily move the rig out and back in a few feet here and there. That will give me about 17 cm higher seating position taking into account I'll have the seat slider on the rig also.

He was going to get back to me with the extra cost to do this but as I said I was going to buy the pack of 10 brackets and nuts that's €28 to connect the legs to the base frame they threw in the extra leg profiles for free, plus I needed the smaller version of the seat which isn't available to pick in the bundle and he's sorting that out as well, so all in all great service, just got to wait now and see how delivery and everything else goes.

Upvote 0
That all sounds great. Just hope that you actually get what you have organised. Darko was great for me too, but some things seem to get lost in translation between him and the packing crew. From my experience anyway. My main package came all correct bar a couple of screw lengths being mixed up, but the extra parts I requested totally missed packing. Hopefully they have learned to handle the extra load that they have been under recently.

Upvote 0
@White Hawk

I am interested in a P1 too, but, already have a suitable seat and it will be a static rig, so no extras needed. What did they quote you for shipping and how long will it be ? I presume you are in the UK.
Shipping is very reasonable, you can check on the site by adding it to your basket and postcode but I believe the bundle with 60-70kg weight cost me around €75. Fanatec’s cost for 0.1kg USB adapter €18 :O_o:.

Upvote 0
Thanks White Hawk,

I did add one to the basket to check shipping costs, but, I live on Isle of Man, and it not in their list of countries !

I just did it again, putting in Isle of Man as a county of UK and it quoted about 60 Euros - but - I also noticed that the price has jumped from 577 Euros last night to 699 Euro today !:O_o::O_o::O_o::O_o:

That's a jump of £107 from £507 to £614 ! !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That all sounds great. Just hope that you actually get what you have organised. Darko was great for me too, but some things seem to get lost in translation between him and the packing crew. From my experience anyway. My main package came all correct bar a couple of screw lengths being mixed up, but the extra parts I requested totally missed packing. Hopefully they have learned to handle the extra load that they have been under recently.

Yeah that’s a little worrying as I’ve seen a vid on YouTube with a guy a few months back had similar issues, just as long as they fix it in a timely fashion without cost, did they for you? Also where do you live and how long for delivery?

Thanks White Hawk,

I did add one to the basket to check shipping costs, but, I live on Isle of Man, and it not in their list of countries !

I just did it again, putting in Isle of Man as a county of UK and it quoted about 60 Euros - but - I also noticed that the price has jumped from 577 Euros last night to 699 Euro today !:O_o::O_o::O_o::O_o:

That's a jump of £107 from £507 to £614 ! !

No problem, though it wasn’t actually me that answered your question. ;) As he said it was €75. As for price hike, you sure about that, I’m pretty positive the P1 rig on its own was never that cheap, been on the site a lot lately and I’m pretty sure it’s been 699 all that time. Were you perhaps looking at the GT1 before which is €100 cheaper than the P1?

Upvote 0
Nope, was definitely the P1 - I have been visiting the website on and off for weeks ! It could have been Google showing me an old webpage though - I seem to get that a lot.

I have emailed them tonight to ask if they would be prepared to sell me just the cnc cut plates for the wheeldeck, monitor mounting and side upright mounts in the hope I can get the aluminium profile and other fixings cheaper in the uk.

We'll see !

Upvote 0
Yeah that’s a little worrying as I’ve seen a vid on YouTube with a guy a few months back had similar issues, just as long as they fix it in a timely fashion without cost, did they for you? Also where do you live and how long for delivery?

Look, they did, but I still feel I was missing some things by the time I lost patience with it and just decided to make what I had work. I prefer to be honest than just say 'yeah they were awesome you'll have no problems', but if you follow my build guide on another thread I created you will see that little bumps in the road I had to go through. Like I said before, the base product came not too bad except for the sandwich plate screws, but the extra things that I organised (whether they were being paid for or not, is sort of irrelevant when you offer to pay for them) left a lot to be desired. Darko was great, and hopefully you're closer than I am (Australia) so that they can fix things quickly. My chassis took over 5 weeks to reach me and that's before I had the extra missing parts shipped out.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Anyone can share experience with black anodized profile.
Is scratching a serious problem?

Upvote 0
Even the standard aluminium scratches but it depends how much you are fine tuning and adjusting things. I stopped worrying about it pretty soon as you never look that close to it once it's built.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back