Resource icon

Misc Silver Project Custom FFB 9.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hahaha ... I play from time to time. I find it very funny ;) ... although maybe it is best not to change the FFB, maybe it is the right one for that type of game ... And, I'm sorry, but I don't know what TM CP is ...

Sorry, I accidentally duplicated the message and I don't know how to delete one ... Just edit it, so I edited it to put this ...

Last edited:
Hahaha ... I play from time to time. I find it very funny ;) ... although maybe it is best not to change the FFB, maybe it is the right one for that type of game ... And, I'm sorry, but I don't know what TM CP is ...
Thrustmaster Control panel in pc software.
i’m gonna presume they are set to default

Thrustmaster Control panel in pc software.
i’m gonna presume they are set to default

Okay, I have the general forces at 75%. Maybe you have them at 100 and that is why putting 85 in the game seems too much? The rest I have it at 100. I don't remember if it is the default configuration or if I changed something at some point ...
How do you have it? I guess the t300 and tx will be similar ...

Attachments

• TX_control_panel.png
    TX_control_panel.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Okay, I have the general forces at 75%. Maybe you have them at 100 and that is why putting 85 in the game seems too much? The rest I have it at 100. I don't remember if it is the default configuration or if I changed something at some point ...
How do you have it? I guess the t300 and tx will be similar ...

yes you have on default., which is fine.
mine has a on the same ( 75) but with spring and damper on zero, which is very common.

Hi Karsten
So I found the time to test the difference between 8.2 and 8.3. I prefer 8.2 because the road noise from a bumpy road is more pronounced and rough than in 8.3. It feels more different to the scrub effect.
My Test is always Monza with Bmw M3 Group A (a car for good drifting).
I have seen that you have in 8.3 changed the balance. What should be the difference?

I have in 8.2 now changed the static_force_reduction from 0.25 to 0.15 because I like more corner resistance.
Whats the difference between
(static_force_reduction
and (static_force_reduction_hi_df ?
Do I have to change another things to have more corner resistance?

So I'm not sure what the settings ingame means exactly
FX = road noise
Tone =?

My settings with DD1 ingame are
Gain 26, Vol 53, Tone 45, FX 50, Springth 0.

Oliver

Hi Karsten
So I found the time to test the difference between 8.2 and 8.3. I prefer 8.2 because the road noise from a bumpy road is more pronounced and rough than in 8.3. It feels more different to the scrub effect.
My Test is always Monza with Bmw M3 Group A (a car for good drifting).
I have seen that you have in 8.3 changed the balance. What should be the difference?

I have in 8.2 now changed the static_force_reduction from 0.25 to 0.15 because I like more corner resistance.
Whats the difference between
(static_force_reduction
and (static_force_reduction_hi_df ?
Do I have to change another things to have more corner resistance?

So I'm not sure what the settings ingame means exactly
FX = road noise
Tone =?

My settings with DD1 ingame are
Gain 26, Vol 53, Tone 45, FX 50, Springth 0.

Oliver

Hey Oliver,

In general:
Gain: ffb force
Volume: Strengthening of center
Fx: Scrub, engine
Tone: Road sensations

But 8.2 had a bug in it, so fx also handles some or most of the road sensations.
In 8.3 tone can be upped for more road bumps.

The "hi_df" variable is for when the car is under high downforce, so gives you more control to be able to adjust that as well.

To have more cornering force, lower "volume" and raise "gain".

I hope this helps,

Best,

-K

Sorry how do you use this File? In the sim you have four sliders, so were do I choose the Silver project file? Many Thanks Sean

Hi Sean,

First you copy one of the custom ffb files from the zip to the "documents\project cars 2" folder.
Then restart the game.
Finally on the slider screen, at the top, you change "default" to "custom".

-K

Last edited:
Question- If I replace the ffb file, do I have to reload the game for the changes, or does it load upon loading after choosing a track and car?

Unf. you will have to restart the game entirely... It's been a sore spot the whole time while working on the file and making changes.

Hi Again

Just taking a break from other project lol,
This 8.5 mid file has a issue with very slow rubbery resistance to counter steer on my t300, it wont let me make quick opposite lock. i tried reduction to friction, but didnt work.

Hi Again

Just taking a break from other project lol,
This 8.5 mid file has a issue with very slow rubbery resistance to counter steer on my t300, it wont let me make quick opposite lock. i tried reduction to friction, but didnt work.

Hey Kuku,

Did you try friction all the way down to 0.0? At 0.0 it should match earlier versions.
Which version felt better?
Also, do you have this same issue on the latest "Silver Raw" for AMS2?

If you need a helping hand with anything on the other project, please let me know.

Last edited:
Hey Kuku,

Did you try friction all the way down to 0.0? At 0.0 it should match earlier versions.
Which version felt better?
Also, do you have this same issue on the latest "Silver Raw" for AMS2?

If you need a helping hand with anything on the other project, please let me know.
Yes I did reduce to o.o., it made a minor change but not enough. I dont get this with any previous files I’ve tried and not in Ams2. It’s very strange how physically rubbery the resistance back to centre feels.

Yes I did reduce to o.o., it made a minor change but not enough. I dont get this with any previous files I’ve tried and not in Ams2. It’s very strange how physically rubbery the resistance back to centre feels.

Which version was the last you tried?
I would like to figure out what it might be...

Last edited:
Which version was the last you tried?
I would like to figure out what it might be...
I think the last one I tried was 8.2 ,but probably only briefly, its the last file on my system anyway, I will need to try again.
I am taking morning off from the wheel work after lots of time spent on yesterday lol

I think I’m just struggling to adjust after so much running on AmS2 and generally not kept up with the file, but it does have a noticeable resistance to movements around centre, 8.2 is similar and 8.1 feels more free. Everything is feeling a bit numb and slow after AmS2 lol.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.