Resource icon

Misc Silver Project Custom FFB 9.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
G27 user here
don't know what have you done but my wheel feels like a brick with it :notworthy:
had to make emergency switch back to Christian's mod.
thank you however, at least you tried.
so, here's my "hell yeah" to you :giggle:
sorry, no money this time :D

G27 user here
don't know what have you done but my wheel feels like a brick with it :notworthy:
had to make emergency switch back to Christian's mod.
thank you however, at least you tried.
so, here's my "hell yeah" to you :giggle:
sorry, no money this time :D

That sounds very weird.
The sliders are used different for this file, so maybe you did not have them well set up?
1) Gain is the total strength here, so should NOT be set at 100% as some other files do. Try maybe 40% at first.
2) Volume is an Lfb control. On your base start out at maybe 10% and go from there.
3) FX, start at 30% and adjust upwards as you go.
Etc. Etc.

Last edited:
I've played a bit with sliders, pushed them left for more gentle feeling but that didn't help much.
And returning to Christiant' mod...
everything was working great again, could feel the effects and wheel feel lighter and way more realistic.
Sorry

I've played a bit with sliders, pushed them left for more gentle feeling but that didn't help much.
And returning to Christiant' mod...
everything was working great again, could feel the effects and wheel feel lighter and way more realistic.
Sorry

Don't be sorry 8)
But there's no chance it should feel like a brick if you set it up right.
On a rare occasion it will act weird if you switch from default to custom in a session. So you should "restart session" when changing to custom file.
Again: You def. did something wrong for it to feel like a brick.

That sounds very weird.
The sliders are used different for this file, so maybe you did not have them well set up?
1) Gain is the total strength here, so should NOT be set at 100% as some other files do. Try maybe 40% at first.
2) Volume is an Lfb control. On your base start out at maybe 10% and go from there.
3) FX, start at 30% and adjust upwards as you go.
Etc. Etc.

Those numbers seem rather low for a G27.

I've got a Thrustmaster TMX Pro and I'm using 80/45/40/40 at the moment.
This feels great, so much so in fact that even though I have no idea how realistic it is to me this may be the best driving 'feel' I've encountered yet.

[edit]This refers to v8.0 Mid Level, BTW.[/edit]

Last edited:
Reactions: klh
Hi Karsten, came back to test your Custom files in PC2 and glad to report it has helped me in a similar way Popsracer Customer FFB did.

Message below is what I posted on his project Cars forum thread and as I am saying at the End, I owe you a Big thank you as well

thanks again. I did have a look and applied these settings to your latest version of FFB, and it does equal my Jack Spade level of satisfaction for my main daily driver cars. I don't get the Wow factor that some others are getting from your work maybe because my base is higher than the Stock Game FFB.

There is a big advantage your file has though. It is that for some cars outside of the ones I use the most, I had to apply the In game RAW FFB settings and in Volume/Tone/FX tuning to get to a satisfying level close enough to Jack Spade feel, not quite but close.

But with your file, I just need to adjust Volume/Tine/FX maintaining the Custom file as main setting so its a real progress in term of usability and flexibility.

I noticed the same applies to the wok Karsten has done as well.

thanks again for bringing this to the community

Hi Karsten, came back to test your Custom files in PC2 and glad to report it has helped me in a similar way Popsracer Customer FFB did.

Message below is what I posted on his project Cars forum thread and as I am saying at the End, I owe you a Big thank you as well

thanks again. I did have a look and applied these settings to your latest version of FFB, and it does equal my Jack Spade level of satisfaction for my main daily driver cars. I don't get the Wow factor that some others are getting from your work maybe because my base is higher than the Stock Game FFB.

There is a big advantage your file has though. It is that for some cars outside of the ones I use the most, I had to apply the In game RAW FFB settings and in Volume/Tone/FX tuning to get to a satisfying level close enough to Jack Spade feel, not quite but close.

But with your file, I just need to adjust Volume/Tine/FX maintaining the Custom file as main setting so its a real progress in term of usability and flexibility.

I noticed the same applies to the wok Karsten has done as well.

thanks again for bringing this to the community

Hey no live, good to hear from you!

Thanks for that and the information.
I think a shortcoming AND Strength of the tspc racer is that it is quite forgiving. It makes something that on my wheel base feels crazy be rubbered down so much that you can use them all. I used to own one, as I've mentioned before, and only sold it bc of myvsensitivenes towards the small notches at slow speeds. But the rubber effect and thereby lowish fidelity(compared to DD, not fair), was actually a strength bc it makes all Sims feel ok. Same for these custom files. On my DD I cannot play ACC, which is a shame, bc it felt just fine on my tspc...
Anyways, just a reflection...

I hope life is well in Japan!

Best,

-K

I am good Karsten, as good as it can be with this never ending COVID.

thanks for the quick reply, the notching or granularity of the TS PC never really bothered me. I move from a DFGT to a CSR elite then the TS PC so I guess I am a bit biased but yes honestly I am loving this wheel

and to me it can reproduce a pretty decent level of details across the board of Sims I am using so no Plan to go DD especially if I add motion to my rig maybe next year

I just noticed you have updated your file with several versions in the last week or so, bit ashamed to say now that I was working with 7.7 :redface:

I will let you know how it goes

Hi Karsten
Thanks to your great work. I use now the 8.2 with a Fanatec DD1. There is one point which I miss. In AC I feel a difference between road noise and sliding (scrubing effect) in the wheel. In your file I dont feel a different signal. So I dont know its sliding or road noise (I dont speak from curbs). I have no knowledge how the translation to the wheel works, but if you get different feedback (roadnoise and tractionloss) is it not possible to give another signal to the wheel so that we can distinguish what it is? If you have AC, try to drive Monza with a long bumpy straight and a bmw m3 group a 1989. Then you know what I mean with difference of road and slidingfeeling including the forces in apex during sliding.
I would be thankful, if you can give more explanation in the custom file what we can change and what it impacts (higher value = .........).
Thank you very much

Hi Karsten
Thanks to your great work. I use now the 8.2 with a Fanatec DD1. There is one point which I miss. In AC I feel a difference between road noise and sliding (scrubing effect) in the wheel. In your file I dont feel a different signal. So I dont know its sliding or road noise (I dont speak from curbs). I have no knowledge how the translation to the wheel works, but if you get different feedback (roadnoise and tractionloss) is it not possible to give another signal to the wheel so that we can distinguish what it is? If you have AC, try to drive Monza with a long bumpy straight and a bmw m3 group a 1989. Then you know what I mean with difference of road and slidingfeeling including the forces in apex during sliding.
I would be thankful, if you can give more explanation in the custom file what we can change and what it impacts (higher value = .........).
Thank you very much

Hi Oliver,

I am preparing the next version 8.3 and that def. holds changes in reg. to any road feel. After this I will see what else can be done for differentiation.

-K

I've been testing it more and, at least in GT3, it's fantastic !! I already had a previous version installed that was going well, but with this update I am freaking out ... It puts the game in the place where it should have been from the beginning, among the quality simulators. For my part with the thrutsmaster tx I have it on 85/25/20/50 ...
Could something similar be done with PC3?
Cheers!

Last edited:
I've been testing it more and, at least in GT3, it's fantastic !! I already had a previous version installed that was going well, but with this update I am freaking out ... It puts the game in the place where it should have been from the beginning, among the quality simulators. For my part with the thrutsmaster tx I have it on 85/25/20/50 ...
Could something similar be done with PC3?
Cheers!

Who plays PC3 ? Lol
those settings a quite strong, you must like a heavy wheel, dont get close to that with my t300. the detail comes through better at lower strength
what are you TM CP settings ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea