For high end wheel bases, in the file, change these values:

For DD:
(strengthen_low 0.0)
(strengthen_low_on_high_df 0.0)

For High end belts:
(strengthen_low 0.4)
(strengthen_low_on_high_df 0.0)

Recommendations:

Gain: Overall strength. Adjust down as much as possible where it feels the best when cornering at high speed speed. The lower the gain is set, the more dynamic range is left for the FFB signal. This is specially important for high down-force cars...

Read more about this resource...

hi Karsten.

I can see you expanded your AMS2 aura indeed;) I managed to fix my Simracing PC now so I am back on track for testing Custom FFB:D

Your latest one is good for with wheel center feel but the countersteer is too much sluggish for my taste, wheel not being dynamic enough to counter oversteer sitautions.

Can you confirm which parameter adjustment would help here? In the rack settings? I have the friction at 0 as stock so I was worried to actually increase teh value for thinsg to get worse.I will try for sure but let me know if my understanding is wrong
# Best range: 0.00 - 0.07
(friction 0.00)

Also wheel has massive oscillations on straights so I need to fix that too:redface:

But again, great job you are doing for the community so any further help is appreciated:)

Olivier

hi Karsten.

I can see you expanded your AMS2 aura indeed;) I managed to fix my Simracing PC now so I am back on track for testing Custom FFB:D

Your latest one is good for with wheel center feel but the countersteer is too much sluggish for my taste, wheel not being dynamic enough to counter oversteer sitautions.

Can you confirm which parameter adjustment would help here? In the rack settings? I have the friction at 0 as stock so I was worried to actually increase teh value for thinsg to get worse.I will try for sure but let me know if my understanding is wrong
# Best range: 0.00 - 0.07
(friction 0.00)

Also wheel has massive oscillations on straights so I need to fix that too:redface:

But again, great job you are doing for the community so any further help is appreciated:)

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Good to hear from you & happy to hear your simrig is up again!

I just posted v5.6 to allow easier adjustment of the over-steer scale. Also I upped it back to 2 again, so it is now 2x what it was in 5.5. It prob. is good for you like that, but otherwise just raise "over_steer_scale" some more.

Reg. oscillations that sounds like maybe you have used too much "volume" in the in game ffb settings?

Reg. the work here, it still is most often 5 mins edits & daily posts, except for the special occasion, like yesterday.
Btw the added adaptive "static force reduction" filter makes it now easier to match to more different wheel bases, as it's great for limiting the generated forces on cornering, where some wheel bases struggle the most to sustain a high torque over possibly many seconds.

A few more adjustments are prob. coming one of these days :cool:

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

All the best from Denmark

Man thank you!

It makes lot of sense indeed. I will try it later this evening.

One thing I noticed is it seems that Gain/Volume/tone/FX effects are not materializing when I pause in the middle of a race.I need to exit the race, apply the changes then restart the race for the effects to come into play.

I seem to remember it was working for other Custom file tweaking In Game.I might have been focusing too much on other stuff so I will verify this "bug" as well tonight

thanks again

Best regards from Japan

Olivier

Hi, thanks for all of your work on AMS2 and PC2! I'm testing your custom FFB on a G27. It's always difficult getting custom files developed on better equipment to work well on my gear driven G27. I'm using your gears file with tighten output of 0.17/0.02 which I calculated using WheelCheck/FCM and use across sims. I usually also add in scoop to linearize the force curve, but I haven't done that in my testing here.

My feedback is that the wheel is unusally heavy and sluggish on a G27, like I'm turning the wheel through molasses with constant friction. There's no centre spring feel/pull back to centre or understeer effect. I've tried adjusting: strenghten_low; static_force_reduction; centering; pull_to_centre_scale; but I've not been able to fix it. Even with in-game gain/vol sliders all the way down to zero. I notice you have a friction variable, in case that's related, but it's on zero already. Which variables do you recommend I adjust?

Also the effects (engine/scrub/kerb) are generally too soft (which is usually the case with custom FFBs on my G27, indeed the only FFB I've found that's strong/defined enough out of the box is Hugo's) but it's great that you've included the four 'effect scales' and master_effects so I've been able to compensate by adjusting these plus the game's fx slider. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for all of your work on AMS2 and PC2! I'm testing your custom FFB on a G27. It's always difficult getting custom files developed on better equipment to work well on my gear driven G27. I'm using your gears file with tighten output of 0.17/0.02 which I calculated using WheelCheck/FCM and use across sims. I usually also add in scoop to linearize the force curve, but I haven't done that in my testing here.

My feedback is that the wheel is unusally heavy and sluggish on a G27, like I'm turning the wheel through molasses with constant friction. There's no centre spring feel/pull back to centre or understeer effect. I've tried adjusting: strenghten_low; static_force_reduction; centering; pull_to_centre_scale; but I've not been able to fix it. Even with in-game gain/vol sliders all the way down to zero. I notice you have a friction variable, in case that's related, but it's on zero already. Which variables do you recommend I adjust?

Also the effects (engine/scrub/kerb) are generally too soft (which is usually the case with custom FFBs on my G27, indeed the only FFB I've found that's strong/defined enough out of the box is Hugo's) but it's great that you've included the four 'effect scales' and master_effects so I've been able to compensate by adjusting these plus the game's fx slider. Thanks!
HI karmac kid,

For me to help the most, can you let me know which of the latest v6. 5 low and mid level versions feel best/or where they work/don't work for you?

Also if any ams2 version file has worked how you like it on your wheel, if that's the case?

Thanks for your comments and feedback,

-Karsten

HI karmac kid,

For me to help the most, can you let me know which of the latest v6. 5 low and mid level versions feel best/or where they work/don't work for you?

Also if any ams2 version file has worked how you like it on your wheel, if that's the case?

Thanks for your comments and feedback,

-Karsten
Hi. I tested my Logitech G27 in PC2 with FFB file v6.6 low end, V8 supercar at Bathurst, all assists off, deadzone/falloff 0.17/0/02. While it does feel looser and better than v6.2, the wheel is still sluggish to turn, though not quite as much as before, and driving effects are still very mild. There's still little or no snap back to middle or understeer effect. If I were describing the feeling in terms of the in-game sliders with default FFB, it's as if volume is set to 200, tone is 0, and fx is 10.

The best in-game slider settings I found were 40/0/50/100. I then adjusted some FFB file settings - doubled 'strenghten low' to 0.8 and increased the two static force reductions to 0.99. But curiously these changes made little or no noticeable difference.

I expect these outcomes are likely due to how different Logitech gear driven wheels seem to be from other (better) wheels. Eg. goonchy has needed to make a very different PC2 file for Logitech users (successfully I think) than for other wheels.

I also tested your v6.6.5.9.9.9.9 in AMS2 v1.0.4.0. It's a better experience for a G27 than v6.6 in PC2. The best in-game slider settings I found were 35/100/100 so I still needed to max out low forces and fx. There's still some sluggishness/friction to wheel turning, but less than in PC2. There is more strength and detail to the effects than in PC2, though I'd still say effects strength is mild. When I doubled 'strengthen low' and increased static force to 0.99 it seemed to loosen the wheel a little and I ended up with in-game sliders at 30/80/100. Overall, your FFB was much better and more communicative than the game's default FFB.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for all your work!

Last edited:
Hey Robnitro,

I'm curious which version worked best for you, in case you tried both.
In general the low end file would be for g-series of wheel bases, since it sets the highest values for the tighten function.

One thing that's important to notice for this file is that it is slightly different than the other custom files for PC2 in the way the sliders are to be used.

I think you know it, just putting it here for others to notice as well.
The volume is really meant to control how strong of a center is wanted. Then the gain is for the overall strength wanted. This makes it possible to combine these 2 and get the exact center & also high speed cornering strength that is wanted.

-K

Hey Robnitro,

I'm curious which version worked best for you, in case you tried both.
In general the low end file would be for g-series of wheel bases, since it sets the highest values for the tighten function.

One thing that's important to notice for this file is that it is slightly different than the other custom files for PC2 in the way the sliders are to be used.

I think you know it, just putting it here for others to notice as well.
The volume is really meant to control how strong of a center is wanted. Then the gain is for the overall strength wanted. This makes it possible to combine these 2 and get the exact center & also high speed cornering strength that is wanted.

-K
Thanks for the insights.
I used medium first and then low. I don't care much for the tighten, just want the feedback of the front wheels scrubbing (too much slip angle- too much steering input).
So far low with 65/0/50/75 has been great. My favorite.

AMS2 sucks, I can't feel the slide of some cars well... they love their "SIM" snap oversteer in brazil I guess. Assetto Corsa and PC2 are the closest to the real life I have driven :)

Reactions: klh
Anyone w/ a T300 care to share what they use? Just feels quite different in PC2, though I love your AMS2 version, @klh :) Like the tires in PC2 are underinflated even when heated after a few laps. And the kurb pull is quite strong. AMS2 it's just great. Don't you notice the difference?

Anyone w/ a T300 care to share what they use? Just feels quite different in PC2, though I love your AMS2 version, @klh :) Like the tires in PC2 are underinflated even when heated after a few laps. And the kurb pull is quite strong. AMS2 it's just great. Don't you notice the difference?

Yes, never thought of it like that, but you're right when you pitch them against each others like that :)
I'll see what I can do as soon as my time allows!

Thanks!

Yes, never thought of it like that, but you're right when you pitch them against each others like that :)
I'll see what I can do as soon as my time allows!

Thanks!
Great, cheers! If only we can copy/use the AMS2 file :D OTOH,I’m skeptical regarding the dampening feel when you turn the wheel, and the understeer, as it appears a design/characteristic of the game already.

Last edited:
Hi joel
with these files . but haven’t run latest.
i tend to run around 20-25 gain
usually no lfb
tone 0-20
fix 0-20 depending on car and track.

it’s great to have another t300 user giving feedback as karstens probably base a lot of his modeling on my feedback. so more opinions would be great .

Hi joel
with these files . but haven’t run latest.
i tend to run around 20-25 gain
usually no lfb
tone 0-20
fix 0-20 depending on car and track.

it’s great to have another t300 user giving feedback as karstens probably base a lot of his modeling on my feedback. so more opinions would be great .
Wow, 20-25 gain feels quite low. I tried close to my AMS2 settings (70/0/30/30) and seems fit. Still the dampening is there when turning. Also the cars' behavior is odd, compared to other sims. What TM Control Panel do you use, Damper at 100?

Last edited:
Wow, 20-25 gain feels quite low. I tried close to my AMS2 settings (70/0/30/30) and seems fit. Still the dampening is there when turning. Also the cars' behavior is odd, compared to other sims. What TM Control Panel do you use, Damper at 100?

well karsten has always said the detail comes through the lower the gain. and i like a lite wheel that’s informative but doesn’t need to be wrestled just to get through a chicane. i like speed of movements.

my tm settings are 75, 100, 100. 0, 0 . which has been commonly suggested by others who started this game long before me.

well karsten has always said the detail comes through the lower the gain. and i like a lite wheel that’s informative but doesn’t need to be wrestled just to get through a chicane. i like speed of movements.

my tm settings are 75, 100, 100. 0, 0 . which has been commonly suggested by others who started this game long before me.
I see, thanks. Will try turning off dampen in CP.

This site is buggy... in the list of mods it says last updated sept 3 so I never got the notice for the last few updates. I wonder why, maybe the typing in description part changes the update date?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back