Resource icon

Misc Silver Project Custom FFB 9.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think I’m just struggling to adjust after so much running on AmS2 and generally not kept up with the file, but it does have a noticeable resistance to movements around centre, 8.2 is similar and 8.1 feels more free. Everything is feeling a bit numb and slow after AmS2 lol.

Hey Kuku,

There's def. less bumps on the tracks in PC2, but I'm not sure if that's not more realistic 8)
In the just release 8.6 I've adjusted to try for a more realistic center feel, more like 8.1 was. Let me know if it helps you.

-K

Hey Kuku,

There's def. less bumps on the tracks in PC2, but I'm not sure if that's not more realistic 8)
In the just release 8.6 I've adjusted to try for a more realistic center feel, more like 8.1 was. Let me know if it helps you.

-K
Ok, so 8.6 was a little better,but still had this strange centre feeling. But I was able to tune it out by adding a little co-efficient and probably more telling, increasing centre speed back up to 0.55 . Now this might be confusing as its 0.55 as standard in 8.5 , but it doesn’t feel fast enough ( assuming higher numbers is faster) which is a good way to describe the feeling, like my wheel feedback isn’t keeping up.
ive tried 0.85 and still doesn’t feel right, but this does have the friction set to default. So maybe that’s not helping.

9.0 Feels really good, and close to Ams2 .34.

I can feel the curbs and off-road bumps decently at around 20 FX.
perhaps I’ve got too used to the lively tracks in AmS2 but I can’t feel much in terms of track bumps or elevation changes. I guess my tastes have been changed ...

Right, there are some differences in the tracks themselves. So it's one thing I'm looking at next, after next ams2 iteration is done.

klh updated Silver Project Custom FFB with a new update entry:

The King

* This version is extra hugely fine tuned by @Panos Schoino & @Shadak. Specially in regards to over-steer, high df feel, scrub, centering, strength. These adjustments simply put this revision at the next level.
* More relaxed steering wheel in general. Less oscillations at all damping settings.
* New damping algorithm added.
* Damping changed to combine 3 parts in to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a question about Silver Project Custom FFB. I would like to set the item corresponding to min_force of the AMS2 custom file to PC2. What name should I set for the PC2 custom file?

Hi Karsten,

working on my PC2 homework now after AMS2.

I feel the custom FFB here a bit too sluggish for my TS PC racer wheel, especially slow corner counter steering situations, like if the wheel was massively damped and tires have huge coefficient of friction if you know what I mean.

I have been increasing the parameter below to make it more dynamic but the improvement is really marginal.

Which area/parameter do you see next to get a similar feeling to your AMS2 silver raw variant from that perspective of dynamism in cars/wheel reaction to understeer/oversteer?

scrub scale?others?

Thanks so much!

#
# Rack settings
#

(tighten_range 0) #Use for lower end wheel bases.
(tighten_falloff 0) #Use for lower end wheel bases.
(static_force_reduction 0.25) #Range: 0.0 - 1.0. Adjust up to reduce cornering resistance.
(static_force_reduction_hi_df 0.1) #Range: 0.0 - 1.0. Adjust up to reduce cornering resistance.
(brake_feel 2.0) #How much braking is felt
(acc_boost_feel 0.0) #Further lightens the feel on acceleration.
(dec_boost_feel 0.0) #Further tightens the feel on deceleration.
(centering 0.9) #How fast the steering/tyres auto centers.
(lateral_scale 0.08) #How much lateral force under normal df.
(lateral_scale_hi_df 0.08) #How much lateral force under high df. This is here because lateral force is felt less under high df, so if you want to counter that you can increase that here.
(exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.1)
(exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df 0.2)
(master_rack 1.10)
(over_steer_scale 1.0) #How much over steer is felt.
(front_grip_slip_feel_coeff 0.0) #0-1. 0 is linear, 1 is most feel of grip & exponential feel of loss of grip when getting close to no grip.
(stretch_feel_scale 0.5) #0.0-1.0. 0 no feel of tyre stretch, 1 most feel of tyre stretch. This works in combination with stretch_feel_time.
(stretch_feel_time 0.15) #Delta period for stretch feel. The higher the more the stretch is pronounced/felt. This works in combination with stretch_feel_scale.
(damping 1.0)

I have a question about Silver Project Custom FFB. I would like to set the item corresponding to min_force of the AMS2 custom file to PC2. What name should I set for the PC2 custom file?

Hi Kumama,

Which custom file/version for AMS2 are you referring to?
I would need to check.

Last edited:
Hi Karsten,

working on my PC2 homework now after AMS2.

I feel the custom FFB here a bit too sluggish for my TS PC racer wheel, especially slow corner counter steering situations, like if the wheel was massively damped and tires have huge coefficient of friction if you know what I mean.

I have been increasing the parameter below to make it more dynamic but the improvement is really marginal.

Which area/parameter do you see next to get a similar feeling to your AMS2 silver raw variant from that perspective of dynamism in cars/wheel reaction to understeer/oversteer?

scrub scale?others?

Thanks so much!

#
# Rack settings
#

(tighten_range 0) #Use for lower end wheel bases.
(tighten_falloff 0) #Use for lower end wheel bases.
(static_force_reduction 0.25) #Range: 0.0 - 1.0. Adjust up to reduce cornering resistance.
(static_force_reduction_hi_df 0.1) #Range: 0.0 - 1.0. Adjust up to reduce cornering resistance.
(brake_feel 2.0) #How much braking is felt
(acc_boost_feel 0.0) #Further lightens the feel on acceleration.
(dec_boost_feel 0.0) #Further tightens the feel on deceleration.
(centering 0.9) #How fast the steering/tyres auto centers.
(lateral_scale 0.08) #How much lateral force under normal df.
(lateral_scale_hi_df 0.08) #How much lateral force under high df. This is here because lateral force is felt less under high df, so if you want to counter that you can increase that here.
(exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.1)
(exaggerate_front_load_feel_hi_df 0.2)
(master_rack 1.10)
(over_steer_scale 1.0) #How much over steer is felt.
(front_grip_slip_feel_coeff 0.0) #0-1. 0 is linear, 1 is most feel of grip & exponential feel of loss of grip when getting close to no grip.
(stretch_feel_scale 0.5) #0.0-1.0. 0 no feel of tyre stretch, 1 most feel of tyre stretch. This works in combination with stretch_feel_time.
(stretch_feel_time 0.15) #Delta period for stretch feel. The higher the more the stretch is pronounced/felt. This works in combination with stretch_feel_scale.
(damping 1.0)

Hi Nolive,

This seems to be from an older file.
I would first download the latest. Then use the mid file & not change "centering", but "exaggerate_over_steer" in that file to something higher, if the issue is also for you in that one.

For which car are you having this issue?

It will be silver-raw-6.6.5.27.

Ok, you can just paste in this line:
(min_force 0.0)

with the rest of the settings somewhare & set as you need it.
I am not sure it does anything, but if it does for you, then would be good to know what exactly it does?

Ok, you can just paste in this line:
(min_force 0.0)

with the rest of the settings somewhare & set as you need it.
I am not sure it does anything, but if it does for you, then would be good to know what exactly it does?
Thank you for your reply.

(min_force 0.0) seems to have the same name as AMS2,
Will this be applied if I set it on PC2?

What I want to do is that the torque of the Hankon I am using is low, so even if I apply Low End, the FFB feels weak overall.

So I decided to raise the overall level with min_force.

Thank you for your reply.

(min_force 0.0) seems to have the same name as AMS2,
Will this be applied if I set it on PC2?

What I want to do is that the torque of the Hankon I am using is low, so even if I apply Low End, the FFB feels weak overall.

So I decided to raise the overall level with min_force.

Ok, then you should raise the "gain" in-game first.
Then, if the center is too weak, start raising the lfb.

Ok, then you should raise the "gain" in-game first.
Then, if the center is too weak, start raising the lfb.
Since both the gain on the shim side and the FFB volume are set to 100, I thought about setting min_force on the custom file side as well to boost it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%