Show us your Rig / Cockpit

@LMDH Thanks again for sharing. Very straight forward, I like it! :thumbsup:
I guess you did some tests on your seat for the cooling to work well.
I might attempt the same, still not sure about the effectiveness though. Might do some testing on the meshed foam inserts and the lumbar support I placed there before I cut a hole into my bucket seat though. :roflmao:
The cooling to me does work well. You don't feel a jet of air on your back, it is more like your whole lower back just feels cool. I am going to try removing some foam from the seat in the future to remove some of the air restriction, however as the foam is new and I have sat in the seat for a max of 10 mins, I'm sure it will compress and settle a little.

I have the two seat brackets currently as I originally planned on a bottom mount seat but the one I have is a side mount. I actually quite like the look of it now and will be mounting aurasound transducers to the silver brackets later.
Maybe have a look at the tactile thread beforehand.

With a stiff aluminium rig it would be near impossible to get a good stereo separation, so "chassis mode" would not be the best option.
Since you have no problems with modofying your seat maybe better attachen the transducers directly to your seat and use them for different effects in different frequencies. The separation in front( pedalplate) and rear ( seat/backrest ) works quite well for me.

MFG Carsten

The cooling to me does work well. You don't feel a jet of air on your back, it is more like your whole lower back just feels cool. I am going to try removing some foam from the seat in the future to remove some of the air restriction, however as the foam is new and I have sat in the seat for a max of 10 mins, I'm sure it will compress and settle a lit
Or you could cut channels into the foam, so the air could disperse without loosing too much padding/comfort.
Thats how the OEM´s do it in the upper class car seats.

MFG Carsten

Also admiring your fabbed brackets I also am concerned that your proposed placement of tactile units will not achieve you desired effect. Definitely look at mounting directly to your seat [says the chicken (me) who hasn't mounted his two Mini LFEs to his Recaro seat yet!]

I noticed the Porsche houndstooth (nice touch) only after noting your other custom profile plate.

I believe I watched your Gulf PC case take shape on a Detroit area custom builders' Facebook page.

Great build!

Good calls on the tactile, I just assumed one in each corner was the way to go but I am now learning it seems this isn't the way.

I do have 4 aurasound at home, was thinking 2 on the pedals and 2 on my arse...

Good calls on the tactile, I just assumed one in each corner was the way to go but I am now learning it seems this isn't the way.

I do have 4 aurasound at home, was thinking 2 on the pedals and 2 on my arse...

That's great idea. Isolation makes all the difference too. When you mount anything rigidly to your frame most of the energy is lost to the frame and you don't feel it. Having two transducers on your seat means you can dedicate them to different effects and work together at times.

I 3D printed mounts with a large 8mm bolt and a captured nut. There is a piece of surgical tubing around the bolt where it passes through my pedal plate so it doesn't grind.
supportcomparison_6680.jpg

The transducers are mounted directly under my heels.
newfootplateisolatorsupport_6684.jpg

InvertedPedalAssembly_6685.jpg

My seat mount is different because I have a seat mover under my seat, but directly mounting to the underside of your seat works the best.

That's great idea. Isolation makes all the difference too. When you mount anything rigidly to your frame most of the energy is lost to the frame and you don't feel it. Having two transducers on your seat means you can dedicate them to different effects and work together at times.

I 3D printed mounts with a large 8mm bolt and a captured nut. There is a piece of surgical tubing around the bolt where it passes through my pedal plate so it doesn't grind.
View attachment 491178

View attachment 491176
View attachment 491177

My seat mount is different because I have a seat mover under my seat, but directly mounting to the underside of your seat works the best.
That pedal mounting solution is fantastic and way better than I had even considered. Do you sell those mounts or could share an stl file?

Edit to add - just seen the thingiverse ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 491178

View attachment 491176
View attachment 491177

Are pedal plates printed 3d or metal?

Are pedal plates printed 3d or metal?

The Pedal plate is 6" wide, 1/4" thick 6061 Aluminum plate.
Done_4811.jpg

Cut with an aluminum cutting table saw blade. I've cleaned the table saw top since then. Sand the rust off with a bit of fine sandpaper and WD-40 then clean thoroughly and a coat of BoeShield T-9
CutPlate_4795.jpg

Initially hand sanded, but then I used an orbital sander to give it a more interesting finish.
InitialClean_4798.jpg

4mm beveled holes for the transducer bolts and 10mm holes for the 8mm bolts with surgical tubing around them.

Last edited:
New pedal day, @RCHeliguy will be having a go at your transducer fitment idea
Are you planning to use the 3D printed isolation mounts outboard of the profile supporting the pedals ? If so it looks like the bottom of the foot plate would be running into your pedal deck Unless you use something to lift the foot plate a bit higher and use longer bolts.

Also what I'm using is only solid enough to support your heels. If you want something with isolation that supports your pedals, you'll need something a lot beefier like the Race Bass mounts @Mr Latte is working on.

Are you planning to use the 3D printed isolation mounts outboard of the profile supporting the pedals ? If so it looks like the bottom of the foot plate would be running into your pedal deck Unless you use something to lift the foot plate a bit higher and use longer bolts.

Also what I'm using is only solid enough to support your heels. If you want something with isolation that supports your pedals, you'll need something a lot beefier like the Race Bass mounts @Mr Latte is working on.
Very good points made. I had planned on trying them mounted to the two pieces of profile that hold the pedals. I was looking at using them in some way where the profile is attached to the main rig itself.

View attachment 491178

View attachment 491176
View attachment 491177

Just a question, would one transducer have been enough on the heel plate or do you have them doing different things and can feel some separation with them being so close together?

Just a question, would one transducer have been enough on the heel plate or do you have them doing different things and can feel some separation with them being so close together?
IMO two to help deliver better tactile but not to worry about stereo. I used to have unisolated mini lfes on my pedal try. Two of them and it was pretty bad. The rig ate up all they could deliver so I moved them directly on to my seat where they really deliver with lots of power. I have two under my seat and that really works well with L/R where I only really care about stereo effects for the kerbs.

Just in the past day I saw What Peter did in his thread and replicated it hoping to get some feeling back in to the pedal plate. So I still have 3 on my seat, two underneath doing stereo and now one on the pedal tray. The isolation has really helped as I can now feel things but I dont bother with stereo (of course with only one) but the brain doesnt care. When it gets a kerb on the right side coming through the seat the brain just puts two and two together when it feels it in the pedal tray.

I agree that stereo in the pedals isn't worth it. You are much better off using an extra transducer to increase the strength of some effects, and to split the effects between the two transducers.

For me wheel spin is the important one. If my front wheels are starting to slide, I want to feel that. That transducers are more effective delivering individual effects. Most have trouble reproducing multiple frequencies simultaneously since they are moving a ballast. So you could have one transducer doing more engine rpm for example and the other doing bumps.

With SimHub I've had already had to split my effects by transducer type. So I have front and rear definitions because the BK CT in back runs better at a lower frequencies than the Aura.

Your mounting solution will change resonant frequencies as well. So you will have to experiment to see what frequencies work best and then differentiate effects to either side of that sweet spot.

If you read the voluminous Tactile thread you will see that the suggestion is to run different types of transducers that are more effective at different frequencies to make them more effective.

That's about as much as I can help. I'm not an expert on tactile. I've learned a lot for Mr. Latte in the tactile thread. He's done a lot of research on this and knows a lot more than I do on this subject.

IMG_20210805_150523997.jpg
IMG_20210805_151004506.jpg

My Reverb G2 VR / Fanatec setup shoehorned into a 90cmx165cm space where my fusebox / leccy meter are.
No cockpit flex here, wheel mounted to 80x40mm steel box section. 2nd hand rally seat on adjustable slider

Attachments

• IMG_20210805_151004506.jpg
    IMG_20210805_151004506.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 98

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 207 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 33.6%