Show us your Rig / Cockpit

unknown.png

I'm new to sim racing and thought I'd share my rig with those who might find it interesting. This is the RS500 (also known as the RS1 if you use a Logitech wheel) from Ricmotech. It's not 100% done yet, but I figured I'd share it as is. I'll make sure to update the lists below and add more images as I work on the build. If you can think of anything that might help improve the build or would be nice for a noob to know, I'd be happy to hear from you

Main Components
  • RS500 chassis from Ricmotech (DIY build)
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS GT wheel
  • Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals
  • Thrustmaster TH8A shifter
  • DIY handbrake
  • Sony 42" TV
  • NRG racing seat
Build Videos
Part 1 - RS500 Main Rig Build
Part 2 - RS500 Console and Mounting Hardware
DIY Bass Shakers (Tactile Transducers)

Near Future Plans
  • Button box built into the console
  • Carpeting the platform
  • Wrapping the rig in laminate
  • T molding on the edges
  • Outfitting some sort of speaker system
  • Adding LEDs and other electronic components for fun

Attachments

• IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_6556.jpg
    IMG_6556.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6557.jpg
    IMG_6557.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6608.jpg
    IMG_6608.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 228
Looking good. I have the same seat. What a great deal it was. No complaints!

My only complaint is that if you go for a long session (2+ hours) the seat gets uncomfortable. I rarely have time for that these days, but when I do, it would be cool not to be sore after I'm done. lol - I think I'm going to add some memory foam to the seat eventually, but we'll see.

Pretty new to sim racing, started off with a csl elite package with an obutto r3volution rig.
But have recently upgraded to a sim lab rig and DD1 with clubsport v3 pedals, loving the upgrade over the csl elite. My rig is in a tight 10ft by 3.5ft walk in wardrobe next to my bedroom, it just about works space wise as I race in VR, I only use the monitor for setting the races up.
Screenshot_20201025_172722_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Pretty new to sim racing, started off with a csl elite package with an obutto r3volution rig.
But have recently upgraded to a sim lab rig and DD1 with clubsport v3 pedals, loving the upgrade over the csl elite. My rig is in a tight 10ft by 3.5ft walk in wardrobe next to my bedroom, it just about works space wise as I race in VR, I only use the monitor for setting the races up. View attachment 415455

Well, it´s exactly enough space for you ;)

And when you are anything like me you won´t need the radiator in there,
more likely air condition.

MFG Carsten

But have recently upgraded to a sim lab rig and DD1 with clubsport v3 pedals, loving the upgrade over the csl elite. My rig is in a tight 10ft by 3.5ft walk in wardrobe next to my bedroom, it just about works space wise as I race in VR, I only use the monitor for setting the races up.

3 comments on this:
1. Nice usage of an otherwise useless room ;)
2. That adaptor plug in the wall socket makes me itch. One thoughtless step and everything is levered off.
3. I think it was Jimmy Broadbent who said something similar to "Place the emergency button where you can reach it with your feet, not with your hands, 'cause when you need it you most likely will have your wrists broken"

Reactions: CC
3 comments on this:
1. Nice usage of an otherwise useless room ;)
2. That adaptor plug in the wall socket makes me itch. One thoughtless step and everything is levered off.
3. I think it was Jimmy Broadbent who said something similar to "Place the emergency button where you can reach it with your feet, not with your hands, 'cause when you need it you most likely will have your wrists broken"
I race in VR so won't be able to find it quickly with my feet, it's easy reachable with my hand where it is...... And hopefully should never have to use it.
As to the extension cable I've just bought a solution which should be going on this week, appreciate the input though

• Deleted member 963434

i have only pictures of later stages of my sim rig, here t500rs + fanatic pedals + thrustmaster shifter
DSC_0600.JPG

here improve to DD simplicity sw20v3 with 350 mm QMS wheel with src buttonplate + fanatic pedals + thrustmaster shifter
DSC_0626.JPG

and final improvement to fanatic shifter but i bought custom gear knob
DSC_0648.JPG

But have recently upgraded to a sim lab rig and DD1 with clubsport v3 pedals, loving the upgrade over the csl elite. My rig is in a tight 10ft by 3.5ft walk in wardrobe next to my bedroom, it just about works space wise as I race in VR, I only use the monitor for setting the races up. View attachment 415455

Tight squeeze getting in. Are you Victor Tombs?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.