Show us your Rig / Cockpit

• Deleted member 197115

Anyone know of a good Leather covered Wheel replacement for Accuforce unit?
Suede and Alcantera wear out over time and look terrible.
I've tried a few, this is the best

I've tried a few, this is the best

Looks great.

I am using a Momo Montecarlo 320. It's expensive but I love it.

volante-momo-montecarlo-blks-320mm.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

I had Momo 300 before that. Great wheel, just too heavy. Sportline is lighter and have more ergonomic grip. Leather quality and stitchng are comparable. Also have alcantara version of the same wheel.

The Montecarlo is only 1.2 kg. Other rims weight more than 1.5 kg. I had the momo Tuner 32 before and it was noticiably heavier, altthough once installed in a DD motor, that's not an issue. It also had a very good grip, but I discarded it because of the offset on the wheel center (I can't stand that).

Finished my rig (for now).
Switching to a DD1 a few months ago from a CSW 2.5 I found it a bit too much on the GT Omega Apex I had.

I can't use a hard mounted seat as I have had a back injury so need to constantly adjust my position & I wanted something I can easily pack away in my office
Really pleased with the rock solid feel from extrusion which has made a huge difference to the fidelity on the DD

This looks awesome, Is this a shortened Sim Lab GT1 cockpit?
Do you experience any issue with tilting under braking? I'm looking for a similar solution with possibly Heusinkveld sprints or Ultimates. My current housing arrangments doesn't allow space for a full cockpit and I'm looking for a solution to accomodate for a better set of pedals.

Cheers.

This looks awesome, Is this a shortened Sim Lab GT1 cockpit?
Do you experience any issue with tilting under braking? I'm looking for a similar solution with possibly Heusinkveld sprints or Ultimates. My current housing arrangments doesn't allow space for a full cockpit and I'm looking for a solution to accomodate for a better set of pedals.

Cheers.

Hi Michel

None at all. I use Fanatec V3 pedals with heavy brake settings. The weight of the whole thing prevents it too. With the wheel and pedals its around 40kg
It's not a modified frame, I did the design on MAY-CAD (which is free) and ordered the materials from Motedis
The DD mount is Sim lab however the Gt1 version which is 480mm wide with the DD installed

1591350071640.png

Hi Michel

None at all. I use Fanatec V3 pedals with heavy brake settings. The weight of the whole thing prevents it too. With the wheel and pedals its around 40kg
It's not a modified frame, I did the design on MAY-CAD (which is free) and ordered the materials from Motedis
The DD mount is Sim lab however the Gt1 version which is 480mm wide with the DD installed

View attachment 379470

Hi Paul,

Very impressive that you managed to design and build this all by yourself, it looks awesome.

Good to know tilting of the base is not an issue. I think I'll start mocking something up in wood first to get a idea on measurements. Before attempting anything with extrusions.

Cheers

Last edited:
20200609_133456 (Groot).jpg

Gave me rig a nice update, immersion x10 !

Now on a DIY Alu. profile rig, love that stuff it be rock solid and the pedals and wheel feel much better now.
As I love immersion and also I am easily off focus hehe, I build a hood. Gonna replace it with other fabric but can now just copy it as making one from scratch was hardest. But man really so much more fun and better experience being in a tiny cockpit and disconnecting from the real world.

Also added triples again, didn't realize how much I missed that ! 3 x LG GL27850 1440p 144hz quality monitors on a DIY alu. profile stand. All aligned with the proper FOV. Might try out the bezelkit from asus next.

For the rest few things to sort out, 5.1 set to be mounted and 3 more bassshakers to add. Helps a ton with immersion and feel 2 imho. Can't race without anymore.
4th monitor is there just for quick help doing and viewing stuff on the pc without alt tabbing.
Adding some decorative items to the room.

Replacing the old Fanatec wheel is next on the wishlist.

Also using PC for all the other stuff, only have to swap the DP cables however need to get me a tool to make profiles for the screen resolutions incl bezel corrections etc.

Stuff to build !
20200526_173910 (Groot).jpg

Monitors to mount
20200526_215833 (Groot).jpg

Mounting 2 bassshakers:
20200530_221606 (Groot).jpg

1st try and waiting for spacers for monitors for perfect allignment. Also youngest son loves it :p
20200529_185456 (Groot).jpg

Wired up and ready:
20200609_132024 (Groot).jpg
20200609_131931 (Groot).jpg

20200609_131819.jpg
20200609_132008 (Groot).jpg

@Sincx How do you get the front and rear speakers running on your sims?
I cant get the rear speakers working on my 5.1 system, but running the windows tests shows them connected :unsure:

Need to setup the 5.1 still but will plug them in my soundcard rog phoebus with the usual front centre sub connector. The shakers go via mobo sound output trough a 4 x output stero amp. Gonna hook up 2 more soon, one on the back of the seat and one under the pedals.

I had to add some reinforcement brackets to my Next Level Racing F-GT rig as the tubular steel frame just isn't rigid enough even for my new Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 and V3 inverted pedals.
The support brackets for the pedals have virtually eliminated all flex especially when braking.
The additional vertical support bars for the steering wheel base platform have helped quite a bit but there is still more flex than I would like.

View attachment 377650View attachment 377651View attachment 377652View attachment 377653

Your post is a little disheartening. I recently purchased this cockpit, and one of the reasons was....
  • RIGID DESIGN BUILT TO HANDLE HIGH END PEDALS AND DIRECT DRIVE WHEELS
Was NLR a little overconfident on their design?

First pic is at my studio, second is my temp setup in Philly for the quarantine and the last is my new NLR F-GT rig I got today. LOVE IT! Don't have space for triple monitors now but I have VR in the meantime.

I-7700k
Gigabyte Z270P
Gigabyte RTX2070 Super
G. Skill Flare-X 3200 16gb ram
Samsung 500GB Nvme x2
Evga 850w psu

Fanatec CSW 2.5
McLaren GT3
CSL pedals with load cell
Asus VG248QE x3

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_132752.jpg
    IMG_20190817_132752.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20200331_182556.jpg
    IMG_20200331_182556.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20200610_174316.jpg
    IMG_20200610_174316.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 228
Finished my rig (for now).
Switching to a DD1 a few months ago from a CSW 2.5 I found it a bit too much on the GT Omega Apex I had.

I can't use a hard mounted seat as I have had a back injury so need to constantly adjust my position & I wanted something I can easily pack away in my office
Really pleased with the rock solid feel from extrusion which has made a huge difference to the fidelity on the DD

xTql9Gm.jpg

PraVIBH.jpg

flHVHJi.jpg

Hi. Can you help me design or come up with a design for a pedal mount/box for my csl elite pedals? I want to make one out of aluminium profiles like yours and which elevates and inverts the padals. If that makes sense. I've attached a picture of my old pedal setup which I wanna replicate but this time in aluminium profiles.

Attachments

• IMG_20141121_130932.jpg
    IMG_20141121_130932.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 170

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering