Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I also added a new toy to the rig this week. Wow, I new DD wheels were supposed to be good but....just, wow!

Attachments

• DD2.jpg
    DD2.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 549
  • Deleted member 387850

Rig updated last week after coming from a Thrustmaster T300.

Nice rig! Can I ask what your keyboard is mounted on? I have the same keyboard and am looking for something studier than the keyboard tray that came with my GT Omega cockpit...

Thanks for the info.

Have the same rig, torn at the moment whether to just go 2.5 or DD.
I was in the same position, and initially thinking to go to a 2.5. Saw a DD1 in an ebay auction and took the plunge.
Until now no regrets. I always thought that if I'd go to the CS2.5, later on I would regret to not buy a DD wheel since it would be the next natural upgrade.

Hi everyone.

I uploaded the WIP a while back now, got a few more little extras. Sadly, it looks like Santa couldn't fit down the chimney with my DD1 so still rocking the budget G29 for now. Re positioned wheel, along with the OSP screen to sit in behind the wheel nicer. I think I'm about set to start my iRacing career a little more seriously instead of somewhat casual, that's the goal this year anyway.

Where you get or how you make the overhang/roof?

Hi.

3 bits of black foam art board, centre piece I left as rectangular but cut size for width of the monitor. Then the 2 side pieces I worked out the angles required based on monitor angle, cut and taped together to form the hood. On the edge of the monitors I've put in stops and taped down as once you pop up the pieces, the force tries to ping them flat or to drop so everything is pushing out if that makes sense. The stops I put on the tops of the monitors stops that from happening.

• Deleted member 387850

It's the keyboard tray from Simetik.
He has a Simetek rig and they sell add-ons, suspect that is what that is.

Thanks! I hadn't heard of Simetik before, but then I'm not usually shopping around for cockpits as I'm pretty happy with my GT Omega one. That said, their keyboard tray is probably the biggest let down and the arm it rotates on just isn't fit for purpose. I was thinking of getting something like the Sim-Lab one and drilling my cockpit to fit, but looks like the Simetik one would work as well!

Thanks! I hadn't heard of Simetik before, but then I'm not usually shopping around for cockpits as I'm pretty happy with my GT Omega one. That said, their keyboard tray is probably the biggest let down and the arm it rotates on just isn't fit for purpose. I was thinking of getting something like the Sim-Lab one and drilling my cockpit to fit, but looks like the Simetik one would work as well!

No worries, this is it: https://simetik.com/web/product/keyboard-support/

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea