Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Finally got my GT1 EVO with NLR V3 platform built!
Thanks to all the people to posted their builds and gave my lots of ideas to steal...lol
View attachment 331714 This view shows the rig in flying configuration. When I race, I removed the joystick and throttle and slide the seat forward to reach the pedals.
View attachment 331715
This is the slide mechanism that 8020.net sells to be able to move the seat forward and backward with ease. It works very well.View attachment 331716
I recessed the rudders below the racing pedals. No issue of interference here at all.
View attachment 331717The other side showing the shifter and handbrake mount.
View attachment 331718 Looking from the seat perspective.

View attachment 331720

Trying to make the rig as neat as possible. Hard to do with all the wires that I have going everywhere!
I love the MFD's in your flight setup. Perfect when you have an airstrike at 5 and a league race at 7!

Hi Everybody,

i think it´s time to show my cockpit.

The Rig itself is the S-Dream Rig from Motedis.
Very cheap and simply does the job perfectly. I totally recommend this rig.

The seat is just a cheap bucket seat from a company called "Beltenick".
Does the job well.

FFB Wheel is the Thrustmaster T300RS. I use different addon wheels with a 3d printed adapter.
In the picture you see my rally wheel. I also use a small formula wheel (255mm of diameter) mainly for old formula cars or sportscars as those from Radical. Both without buttons.
For prototypes and all the modern cars i normally use the Ferrari Formula Wheel from Thrustmaster. It has lots of buttons and is perfect for these types of cars.

H-Shifter/Seq. Shifter is the one from Thrustmaster. Happy with it as it works as it should but i currently design my own that will really have the characteristics as i want a h-shifter to have.

Button Box is selfmade with Bodnar controller.
Nothing fancy, Simple and does the job.

99,9% i drive in VR with the Oculus Rift. Therefore no big Screen or Triples needed.
On the rift i use an active cooling system as i have to use glasses while driving and had severe problems with fogging of both glasses and lenses of the rift itself.
For longer races (1,5h and more driving time) i use contact lenses.

I currently play around with a mini beamer to have a cheap but big screen when playing games without VR support like Wreckfest or Automobilista. Will see how it works out...

Pedals are somewhat special but i´m not allowed tell a lot about them in this forum.
It´s "loadcell technology", adapted to a cheap pedalbox from OBP Motorsport.
No hydraulics, just pure mechanics.

As you might see at the pictures i´m more of a pragmatic guy. For my own stuff i don´t need fancy looking stuff. It just has to do the job reliable, no more no less!

IMG_20191030_060056_small.jpg
IMG_20191030_060115_small.jpg
IMG_20191030_060149_small.jpg

They say a photo is a thousand words..but some extra words would be nice here:)

Thanks. It's my DIY setup that I have been building for the last year...

PC: HP Envy Tower 795-0003ur
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 (Coffee Lake, 3.20GHz , 12Mb, LGA1151)
RAM: 32 Gb DDR4
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8192 Mb)
Monitors: iiyama PL2790
DIY Cockpit
Button Box: Dim Sim Racing
Wheel: Dim Sim Racing Steering Wheel R1
Wheel Base: Thrustmaster T300 RS Edition
Pedals: Caravangoes
)
H-Shifter: TH8A Shifter in sequential mode
Sequential shifter: Heusinkveld Sequential shifter
Handbrake: Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod

Links:
Google Photos
DIY Seat mover Arduino Sketch and my own Software
My own STL Models

Last edited:

Could you help, as got some queries.
How long is your rig, also dimensions from each of the SFX actuators.

I want to place an SFX build onto a platform (vibration reduction) but have plans for a base that will have contained speakers and help hide all the cabling the rig will use.

Main rig is about 1,5m x 0,44m.
Because of the narrow width the rig can roll quite a lot, so the monitor stand is pretty wide to allow the rig to maximum roll without hitting anything.
The SFX actuators are 10x10 cm i believe

Some more shots of Atsushi Hrok's insane setup with the linkage shifter..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.