Share your VR graphic settings

I am using settings provided by @fabhdz and resolution scale is 85 and SS is 190. Are you saying that you can run constant 80-90fps with these settings?
No, it depends on hardware too. My hardware is a bit less than his, but I use it as a guideline. But my preference is to not hardcap the framerate at half rate, so i opt to lower my settings a bit instead to get a higher framerate. Like i said, it is personal preference.

No, it depends on hardware too. My hardware is a bit less than his, but I use it as a guideline. But my preference is to not hardcap the framerate at half rate, so i opt to lower my settings a bit instead to get a higher framerate. Like i said, it is personal preference.

Would you mind providing settings to stay @80fps all the time? I have 2070S.

Hi Guys,
There are two schools :
those who prefer to play at 80 or 90 fps: more blurred but more dynamic image
and those who play in 40 - 45fps better graphics a little less dynamic

it is up to you to make your choice :)

At the moment I am using your settings so I am locked to 40fps but I have to say the image quality is quite decent. But I would like to try optimal settings to run 80fps constantly to compare how worse is the quality. For e.g. I tried default VR and the quality is very crappy.

Hi,
I add this mode in my batch script, thanks.
In addition to this optimal Ultimade mode, I recommend switching the "priority" option to "Performance" (vs Quality) in the Oculus options see below.
I win some fps

Attachments

• 2020-01-12_11h49_16.png
    2020-01-12_11h49_16.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 444
I did not gain more fps with ultimate, but less lags. I also recommended disabling hyperthreading (or multithreading for AMD Ryzen) in BIOS settings.

I`m on Oculus Rift and unfortunately there is no value to switch to performance mode.

Last edited:
Found an interesting article about microlags from nvidia graphics card:

If those fps drops you can try to switch your GPU to MSI Mode by following this guide (Windows: Line-Based vs. Message Signaled-Based Interrupts ... | guru3D Forums). MSI mode (Message Signaled-Based Interrupts) provides better and faster communication between CPU and GPU, makes it more of a direct connection between the two. It makes sure that the communication between them is not interrupted by other processes and that their connection is always highest priority. AMD graphic cards has MSI mode by default, as does Nvidia Quadro. GeForce uses Lined Based by default but Lined Based can often produce stuttering because it is interrupted by other windows background processes.

Or you can download a tiny program from here and checkmark "MSI" at your Nvidia card: https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases

Then restart your system. For me it helped getting less microlegs, especially when getting close to opponents and everything is more fluid and responds faster. I'm on 1070ti, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 OC to 4Ghz and 16GB 3200Mhz Ram. Resolution 85% and SS on 180%.

Last edited:
Found an interesting article about microlags from nvidia graphics card:

If those fps drops you can try to switch your GPU to MSI Mode by following this guide (Windows: Line-Based vs. Message Signaled-Based Interrupts ... | guru3D Forums). MSI mode (Message Signaled-Based Interrupts) provides better and faster communication between CPU and GPU, makes it more of a direct connection between the two. It makes sure that the communication between them is not interrupted by other processes and that their connection is always highest priority. AMD graphic cards has MSI mode by default, as does Nvidia Quadro. GeForce uses Lined Based by default but Lined Based can often produce stuttering because it is interrupted by other windows background processes.

Or you can download a tiny program from here and checkmark "MSI" at your Nvidia card: https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases

Then restart your system. For me it helped getting less microlegs, especially when getting close to opponents and everything is more fluid and responds faster. I'm on 1070ti, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 OC to 4Ghz and 16GB 3200Mhz Ram. Resolution 85% and SS on 180%.

hi you could post a photo of yours setting MSI mode utility??

thank

what also helped me to reduce microlags were the following tweaks.

HPET and dynamic tick

Write commands in cmd (click on the Windows startmenu icon, type cmd and open as administrator):

bcdedit /set useplatformclock No
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick Yes

Restart your system.

Disabling the platformclock means that you deactivate the High Precision Event Timer (HPET). If your BIOS supports disabling HPET from there, do it. Disabling the HPET ist recommended for AMD Ryzen CPUs, NOT for Intel. Disabling HPET in Intel Systems could result in stuttering. Do not use AMD Ryzen Master when you have disabled HPET, as Ryzen Master will make use of HPET, wether its deactivated or not. If you'd like to overclock your CPU do it the oldschool way in BIOS.

Disabling memory Management compression

If you have an SSD and minimum 16GB Ram, you could try disabling the memory Management Timer (MMT). It takes up an amount of ram that you could use for Oculus Rift and ACC. Your pagefile.sys has to be set to off (maybe you can you use a second harddrive, especially a second SSD, for managing the pagefile) So, here is the command for deactivating the MMT:

Open Powershell as administrator (this command won`t work in cmd) and type

Disable-MMAgent -MemoryCompression

Restart your system.

Disabling Superfetch

And you could also deactivate the superfetch. Disabling could result in longer boot up time of Windows, but increase Performance in gaming. Here you go:

• Hold the Windows Key, while pressing “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
  • Type “services.msc“, then press “Enter“.
  • The Services window displays. Find “Superfetch” in the list.
  • Right-click “Superfetch“, then select “Properties“.
  • Select the “Stop” button if you wish to stop the service. In the “Startup type” dropdown menu, choose “Disabled“.
Message Signal Interrupts for Nvidia GPUs

In combination with the MSI utility V2 i could reduce the microstutters a lot. https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases

For the dynamic tick you can read the following: https://superuser.com/questions/1293337/what-is-the-purpose-of-dynamic-tick-in-windows

Last edited:
Was there an update to steamvr that I missed?

A week ago, I was running vr pixel density in steamvr settings at 100% and in game sharpness at 170% with very nice results. The images in hmd were crisp, I could easily read the numbers on the in car display and distant objects like marker boards were easily readable from a fair distance.

Boot up ACC yesterday and I couldn't even load into a race until I bumped be pixel density down to 84% and sharpness to 150%.

I laso can recommend a tiny program, that run a lot of batches to optimize your pc for gaming. I was a bit sceptic, as i don`t really believe in these All-in-One tools, but this helps. It`s a german website, but the tool is english or german, you can decide.

Next to the the tweaks i recommended above, this gave me some extra FPS and smooth experience in ACC and VR.

I laso can recommend a tiny program, that run a lot of batches to optimize your pc for gaming. I was a bit sceptic, as i don`t really believe in these All-in-One tools, but this helps. It`s a german website, but the tool is english or german, you can decide.

Next to the the tweaks i recommended above, this gave me some extra FPS and smooth experience in ACC and VR.
No. Please no. Your PC doesn't need this kind of "optimizing".

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 35.1%