Share your VR graphic settings

Hi guys
I worked on my VR graphic settings with v1.2.3, I was able to increase the SS by 1 point and the resolution scale from 70 to 80 which makes the whole much sharper.

i Use ingame SS, ASW force ON at 40fps
In attachment you have my engine.ini file, my graphic settings file (put under C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\VideoSettings) and some screenshots

i7 8700k - Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti - Oculus Rift S - Windows 10 x64 - 16Go RAM.

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 238
  • setup.pdf
    558.9 KB · Views: 281
  • VRv1.2.3.json
    1,006 bytes · Views: 199
Hi guys
I worked on my VR graphic settings with v1.2.3, I was able to increase the SS by 1 point and the resolution scale from 70 to 80 which makes the whole much sharper.

In attachment you have my engine.ini file, my graphic settings file (put under C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\VideoSettings) and some screenshots

i7 8700k - Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti - Oculus Rift S - Windows 10 x64 - 16Go RAM.
Thanks for sharing. Do you use Oculus home or steam VR ?, I find that Oculus Home runs & looks better.

Update 05/09 - 18h20
------

Hi guys
I worked on my VR graphic settings with v1.2.3, I was able to increase the SS (170 to 190) and the resolution scale from 70 to 80 which makes the whole much sharper !

In attachment you have my engine.ini file, my graphic settings file :
Put under C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\VideoSettings and load the profil on game (video settings).

Attachments

• VR_v1.2.3_ok.json
    1 KB · Views: 182
  • Engine.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 220
Update 05/09 - 18h20
------

Hi guys
I worked on my VR graphic settings with v1.2.3, I was able to increase the SS (170 to 190) and the resolution scale from 70 to 80 which makes the whole much sharper !

Put under C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\VideoSettings and load the profil on game (video settings).
Better looking but stutters too much

Update 05/09 - 18h20
------

Hi guys

Great settings. I`m able to set SS to 180 with resolution scale 80. But when i copy the json settings into my vrsettings.json and i start ACC and close it, your json settings are gone. Copied your settings multipl times, but every time i start ACC and leave it again, your settings are gone. Do you know why?

@Ian Cameron: set frame rate limiter to 45fps if you`re wearing a Oculus Rift.

EDIT: Ok, got your json settings working! I should have read your post completely at first..... :-D

Last edited:
And what do you think ?

I read that latest NVIDIA driver 441.87 introduced a new feature for VR gamers:

Variable Rate Super Sampling
We introduced a new VRSS feature…
Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) is a new technique to improve image quality in VR games which uses NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS) to dynamically apply up to 8x super sampling to the center of the VR display when GPU headroom is available. In doing so, VRSS can improve image quality at the focal point of the eye while always maintaining the 90 FPS needed to deliver a smooth VR experience.

Read also here:
https://www.roadtovr.com/nvidia-rtx-vrss-variable-rate-supersampling-vr/

to follow ...

How can you see the FPS in ACC whilst your playing, just like the AC menu on the right and side.
Go to
C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config
*edit
fichier HUD

"fPSVisible": 1
;)

yep and MSAA isn't compatible with ACC ...
from the developper of ACC :
"
Unreal has both forward and deferred engine. The deferred gfx engine that we use, permits us to have more dynamic light effects and many of our shaders are made to work on that. Unfortunately on a deferred engine the MSAA antialias method which gives more clarity, is simply not possible.
Many of the "demos" that you see, use the forward engine with precalculated/prerendered light maps, prerendered ambient occlusion and so on. They also permit the use of MSAA which again gives great clarity and also, we're talking in the above example about a house and not a full blown circuit.

On top of that, add that in a racing sim everything moves with acceleration and at speeds anywhere between 0 to 290kmh... It's "easy" to try to eliminate the temporal antialias ghosting when you have 2 speeds... walking and running. It's a bit different where you are always in acceleration in all 3 axis.

So, many of the examples you see, are practically a different engine. Yes unreal, but a completely different rendering engine that permits different results. We wanted full dynamic 24 hours and rain and everything. We got it and also some disadvantages with it. Still trying hard though
"

On the downside, VR has huge problems with temporal AA in deferred rendering. I read some articles, that it seems to be possible to implement MSAA in deferred renderer, but i lot of stuff have to be rewritten within the code of ACC. I also hope, that the developers of Reshade will find a way to implement VR in it and so SMAA, but until now, we will have to stay with the choppy temporal AA. YOur settings, fabhdz, are currently the best in clarity and sharpness.

I have been playing around and with higher frequency RAM installed yesterday it seemed to help. I ran these settings, and with AI had smooth experience, and I am yet to roll back my Oculus firmware/drivers or beta version, so will do that tonight and hopefully its better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back