Share your VR graphic settings

I've tried a lot of settings, but none of them are particularly usable. Too many artefacts when using one of the proposed files (from fabhdz) running at 40FPS (Rift S) and while the Kunos VR (high) settings are a rock solid 80FPS, it's like looking through someone elses glasses; very blurry..

Is there a way to tune the VR-High setting to get it sharper? While there's also a lack of color there, that doesn't matter too much, as long as I can drive @ 80FPS and have a somewhat clear image..

GTX1080Ti, 8600K @ 5GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

I installed ACC today for the first time in 6+ months, popped in VR with Valve Index and the experience was unpleasant. Is running a Valve Index with ACC a known "no no" ?
I dont think its only vlave index... i played whith my rift before its not good ... the image is blurry as hell. I'm a fanboy of Kunos but honestly I cant use ACC whit Vr its a total mess. So sad :(
I see everyone enjoying the new stuff and i cant event see the brake marker..

In steam rigtclick on assetto corsa competizione and select "settings". There click on "launch options". Enter the command "-gl" (without the quotes). ACC will now start in OpenGL mode instead of Direct3D11. For me it increased fps and i got rid of a lot of microstutters and glitches (especially ASW 2.0 glitches). In addition i also added the commands "-useallavailablecores" and -preferredprocessors=6". I`ve got a ryzen 5 2600 with 6 cores. If you`ve got another value of cpu cores, type it.

Edit: Textures are now getting very blurry streaming with OpenGL activated. This has to do with bilinear filtering from OpenGL. Trying to get rid of it right now. Will write here again, when i got it right. But performance has increased within Fabhdz' settings.

steamacclaunchoptions.jpg

Last edited:
I'm quite happy with VR performance and I'm using 2070S and Rift S and locked to 40pfs. The image quality is really good and sharp with fabhdz settings. The only disadvantage is slight ghosting but it doesn't bother me. And it's way leaps better when it comes to image quality comparing with default VR settings provided by Kunos.

Currently I am running on high Temporal AA, 100% resolution scale and 200% vr pixel density and it runs like a charm at 90fps (single player). I have no additional settings in engine.ini. The last few updates of the oculus software made an amazing improvement (oculus rift on 1080Ti).

One thing i noticed though it is important to disable FXAA in nvidia control panel because that will introduce artifacts and shimmering!

Still struggling to get good multiplayer settings though...

Last edited:
Me again... maybe OpenGL doesn't work like i might thought. So, maybe some people would Like trying, too. What works is the command "Nofiltering=True" in engine.ini under [Consolevariables], as it disables bilinear filtering and some other stuff and increases viewability, especially in distance.
ok, do you have your own file engine to share? the wording Nofiltering=True should be added as you wrote or r.Nofiltering=True?
thank you

regards

ok, do you have your own file engine to share? the wording Nofiltering=True should be added as you wrote or r.Nofiltering=True?
thank you

regards

Hi, fabhdz and me tested it yesterday and we came up with the result, that it doesn't work. You can try with just writing "Nofiltering=true" without quotes under [Consolevariables]. In Launch Options in Steam write "-gl" without quotes and see for yourself if it works. When i entered "-gl" i had huge blurry textures, but with the command "nofiltering=true" it disappeared. When i deleted the Nofiltering command, the textures we're sharp and crisp, so, i don't know what happened. Maybe it was just me and my mind... :-D

Last edited:
It's not difficult to get somewhat decent VR in singleplayer on my Rift CV1, even with an older 4690K like mine (and 1080ti, 16GB).
This weekend driving Bathurst and Suzuka, I noticed Bathurst has more stutters than Suzuka. Also, in multiplayer, Bathurst eventually become undriveable when grid is like 15-20 drivers. Suzuka is a little more easy on my specs. What is REALLY annoying, is the pauses when someone joins or DQ, it happens all the time during practice and qualify. During the race, a few desides to DQ, and of cause just as I'm going into a difficult corner. I wish there was someway to prevent CPU load/unload, at least when the race session is on.
Obviously, this is why it's not allowed in leagues to DQ during a race, but the pause in ACC is really long, like I could read a novel during that time.

I tried all of custom engine files and I confirm what other said at least for my system. There's no improvement visually and 3 to 5 Ms loss in the pit at hungaroring full grid running 10 AI since 1.2 was released.

I can see a marginal benefit in running custom game oversampling in Steam VR and leaving 100% in game for both density and ss, running at x 1.25 the native resolution of the lens.

With low settings I am 90 FPS/11MS most of the time in traffic with no ss filter and some drops at 75 here and there.

Fabhdz files work also great for the Samsung Odyssey+. Thank you so much! I already had okay sharpness, but details especially in distance is so much better now. I did adjust the framerate to 45 and color to use ACES and saturation back to 100. Looks otherwise to constrasty and dark for me especially driving at night. Colors, brightness and clarity looks natural now.
I run laptop i7 9750H (runs around 3.9GHz while gaming) and RTX 2080 MaxQ (but with 115W and 1995 core/1725 mem boost, 10k TimeSpy). Not the best but grid of 8 in VR does run smoothly keeping 45 fps in Suzuka and Bathurst. Only at start maybe a dip to 39 but then stays 45. By default Steamvr applies 150% SS for render, so ingame I use therefore only 140 pixel density. Looks amazing though!
Will try 16 car grid tonight but might be too much and may adjust to lower 130 pixel.

Update:
16 car races run smooth as well with no need to change graphic settings. Lots of fun!
Have been trying to change some settings to high or epic. For texture, material to be honest in VR I don't see any difference between high and mid. On flat screen epic looks visibly better but in VR cant notice any difference. Shadows and distance on high or even epic I find distracting in VR because you can see the shadow line on the sides populating exactly where you look on the road so keeping it on mid.
Also noticed that on flat screen you have some 3d grass on epic but dont see any 3d grass in VR when testing visual quality. Maybe its just me but weird.

Last edited:
Like I already said, this stuff doesn't improve the gaming performance at all. A normal gaming PC is idling at 0% CPU usage. There is literally nothing in the background that could even cost you performance, especially when using 12+ virtual CPU cores.

You can't improve the gaming performance by altering Windows settings. If you want better performance, you need to buy better hardware.

If that's the case why does running Asus GPU tweaks gaming booster give me around a 10fps increase? All it does is exactly what you said has no effect.

If that's the case why does running Asus GPU tweaks gaming booster give me around a 10fps increase? All it does is exactly what you said has no effect.
Do you mean this thing? https://www.asus.com/us/site/graphics-cards/gpu-tweak-ii/

The "Gaming Booster" won't give you an FPS increase, the overclocking does that.

If you really want to know more about "Gaming Boosters", read this:

Hi, fabhdz and me tested it yesterday and we came up with the result, that it doesn't work. You can try with just writing "Nofiltering=true" without quotes under [Consolevariables]. In Launch Options in Steam write "-gl" without quotes and see for yourself if it works. When i entered "-gl" i had huge blurry textures, but with the command "nofiltering=true" it disappeared. When i deleted the Nofiltering command, the textures we're sharp and crisp, so, i don't know what happened. Maybe it was just me and my mind... :-D
I do excellent work, graphically cleaner.

Hello

1) in the welcome settings of oculus: set the priority mode to "performance" (vs Quality).

2) in Windows, activate the ultimate performance mode. Select the ultimate mode from the window power options. You can activate it by pasting the following command into your cmd (Windows + R and type cmd):
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

Activate the Windows game mode ON.

3) Add my engine.ini : don't touch the file

C: \ Users \ xxx \ AppData \ Local \ AC2 \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsNoEditor \

4) And my parameters : don't touch the file

C: \ Users \ xxxx \ Documents \ Assetto Corsa Competizione \ Customs \ VideoSettings \

5) Load the profile on the game (video settings).

Just FYI changing Oculus from quality to performance reduces the internal rendering resolution of the headset.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back