Share your VR graphic settings

Hello, I have a really low end system here, Oculus DK2 on GTX1650, I made today some settings and the game is playable but I wonder with which settings files should I give it a try?
I am playing iRacing at 74 FPS on this setup, ACC is much more blurry but my clarity requirements are not so high, I want just to race.

@Andrew_WOT Do you use the 60hz native mode with your G2 or just a target fps with motion reprojection to get it back to 90?

I've had my G2 for a week now and find that 60hz mode is too flickery for long term use. However, the motion reprojection is glitchy as hell.

I've tried to force motion vector mode so it is always enabled but even then it will drop frames from 45fps down to 40fps even though with reprojection disabled I can get 90fps in the same instance.

If I use auto then it will stutter when ever it goes in and out of reprojection.

I've tried using the frame rate limit in ACC set to a number of different settings including 47, but even though I get a constant reprojection using auto I get odd slow downs and speed ups in the motion as though it has queued a few frames and then played them back quickly to catch up. (Pre rendered frames is limited to 1. Tried the different places this can be altered, game and driver)

I'm running a 3090 and it can maintain 90fps in most daytime situations but I'm just trying to maximise the quality and not have any situations where it will drop below 90fps reprojected or not.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a really low end system here, Oculus DK2 on GTX1650, I made today some settings and the game is playable but I wonder with which settings files should I give it a try?
I am playing iRacing at 74 FPS on this setup, ACC is much more blurry but my clarity requirements are not so high, I want just to race.

Use Andrew_WOT's engine.ini and then turn all the graphics settings to low. Set your screen res to 50% and pixel density to 100%. Make sure your SteamVR custom resolution is also set to 50% as that is closest to native res. Try those settings out and look at your fps. If you can maintain 90fps then up the pixel density a bit or some of the graphics settings until you get an image quality and fps you're happy with. If you don't suffer from the motion reprojection issues then enable that and you'll get even more headroom.

• Deleted member 197115

@NuScorpii .
Try may be the latest one, it has effects, bloom on Low to boost FPS a bit, and increased Textures which do not impact FPS much. You can also turn off mirrors, it might help if CPU is struggling. Other than that, there is very little that can be done. I am getting almost consistent 60fps, even at night except very start of the race. And this is 1080Ti.
Reprojection, I don't touch it, while okay most of the time, occasional judder is just too offsetting, plus it hinders performance. Try to train eyes a bit more with 60hz, latest settings also have exposure compensation lowered to help with flicker on bright parts.

Also check the last sections of this AC guide, it has some info on how to disable WMR virtual screens, some users reported them impacting performance quite negatively.

Last edited by a moderator:
@NuScorpii actually I am using your files and I turned additionaly some stuff to low.
I made today some tests with the Oculus Debug Tool and Performance Stats activated and I get constant 60 FPS with AWS disabled, and 37.5 FPS (Half of my max 75 FPS) with AWS on Auto.
I used your files as I am using the DK2 with Oculus, with Steam VR the quality is very bad.
But if you say that @Andrew_WOT files are much better I can also use those.

Later Edit: I used @Andrew_WOT files and I get 60 FPS with everything set to low! The problem that I have is that the HUDs are really translucent, they are very annoying to see, and also can't find a good setup to actually see something, as moving them forward or backward and scaling them seems to not be enough.
Any hints how do you have you HUDs?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

On HUD, I usually disable everything, and have button mapped to invoke Pit Menu.
Check Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json, it has extra params for hud safe zones, I believe in game you can only do left/right margins.
You can also enable fpsCounter there.
"fPSVisible": 1,

@NuScorpii .
Try may be the latest one, it has effects, bloom on Low to boost FPS a bit, and increased Textures which do not impact FPS much. You can also turn off mirrors, it might help if CPU is struggling. Other than that, there is very little that can be done. I am getting almost consistent 60fps, even at night except very start of the race. And this is 1080Ti.
Reprojection, I don't touch it, while okay most of the time, occasional judder is just too offsetting, plus it hinders performance. Try to train eyes a bit more with 60hz, latest settings also have exposure compensation lowered to help with flicker on bright parts.

Also check the last sections of this AC guide, it has some info on how to disable WMR virtual screens, some users reported them impacting performance quite negatively.

The issue I'm having is using reprojection under situations where I can hold a constant 90fps with it disabled, so it's nothing to do with cpu or gpu power. With reprojection disabled I can sync to 60hz or 90hz no problems in most situations but there are certain situations e.g. Nurbugring at dawn into night where my frame times will drop to ~15ms at certain points on the track. It's at those times I would like to have reprojection kick in. However, if I use reprojection on auto then the game will stutter every time it goes in and out of reprojection. If I force it to always on then it will drop below app rendered 45fps at some random points (even though it can keep over 90fps with reproj disabled), and if I try and force it by using auto mode but capping the frame rate I get surging and warping of the time flow in the game, so whilst it keeps 90fps the game itself speeds up and slows down.

I'd already tried disabling the virtual screens but didn't help noticeably.

So what I was asking was if you run with reprojection enabled or just at 60hz with settings at a level it should never drop below?

@NuScorpii actually I am using your files and I turned additionaly some stuff to low.
I made today some tests with the Oculus Debug Tool and Performance Stats activated and I get constant 60 FPS with AWS disabled, and 37.5 FPS (Half of my max 75 FPS) with AWS on Auto.
I used your files as I am using the DK2 with Oculus, with Steam VR the quality is very bad.
But if you say that @Andrew_WOT files are much better I can also use those.

Later Edit: I used @Andrew_WOT files and I get 60 FPS with everything set to low! The problem that I have is that the HUDs are really translucent, they are very annoying to see, and also can't find a good setup to actually see something, as moving them forward or backward and scaling them seems to not be enough.
Any hints how do you have you HUDs?

My files were specifically for the 1080 and CV1 but with ambient occlusion enabled because I hate the look of under car shadows without it. I suggested Andrew's because he keeps them updated so are a good base to start with. I'm using a modified version of his engine.ini now that I have a G2 and 3090, and choose in game graphics settings that suit me.

For the HUD check the hud.json as Andrew suggested. I have my safe zones all set to 200 and overallHUDScale to 0.75. That's what I was running with the CV1 and looked good.

Don't run smoothing and just let the frames drop. It's the only way to do it. Lower your settings until the worst situation on track still allows you to run your desired native frame rate. Or deal with the frame drops in extreme circumstances. WMR smoothing is arse.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

The issue I'm having is using reprojection under situations where I can hold a constant 90fps with it disabled, so it's nothing to do with cpu or gpu power. With reprojection disabled I can sync to 60hz or 90hz no problems in most situations but there are certain situations e.g. Nurbugring at dawn into night where my frame times will drop to ~15ms at certain points on the track. It's at those times I would like to have reprojection kick in. However, if I use reprojection on auto then the game will stutter every time it goes in and out of reprojection. If I force it to always on then it will drop below app rendered 45fps at some random points (even though it can keep over 90fps with reproj disabled), and if I try and force it by using auto mode but capping the frame rate I get surging and warping of the time flow in the game, so whilst it keeps 90fps the game itself speeds up and slows down.

I'd already tried disabling the virtual screens but didn't help noticeably.

So what I was asking was if you run with reprojection enabled or just at 60hz with settings at a level it should never drop below?
Disabled, always. It's in readme under 60hz option.

• Deleted member 197115

WMR smoothing is arse.
True, it's probably the best looking implementation out there, but performance hit is ridiculous, kills all supposed benefit of using it. Always was an issue, we had lots of threads on reddit and Steam on that. May be one day when MS start taking WMR seriously.

@NuScorpii
Can you upload the modified .ini from Andrew_WOT (Thank you too for this excellent work) ?

I now have new computer and RTX 3090 and my Reverb G2 will arrive these days and just looking for the best settings.

Or did you only modified few entries (in difference to Andrews file) you can post here?

@all

Further questions:

1) Cant i use 90 Hz and Reprojection = off? Why 60hz? Is the VR60_G2.json only made for 60hz?

2) And for now i have a Pimax 5k+: Can i use your files for it, too? And do i have to lower the Pimax setting to 60 hz or can i leave it on 90hz?

3) When i set a VR goggle to 90hz, without reprojection, but my fps drops lower than 90, isnt it better to have for example 70-90 fps instead of constant 60 fps? Or will i have stottering/micro lags when fps drops below 90 hz?

4) the linked AC Guide: is it for ACC too, or only for the older AC

Thanks so far!

@NuScorpii
Can you upload the modified .ini from Andrew_WOT (Thank you too for this excellent work) ?

I now have new computer and RTX 3090 and my Reverb G2 will arrive these days and just looking for the best settings.

Or did you only modified few entries (in difference to Andrews file) you can post here?

Yeah I'll post it up later. However, I've found that I'm CPU limited in a few situations even with a 3900x so I've been aiming at running with reprojection forced on without issues. Difficult with WMR but possible.

@all

Further questions:

1) Cant i use 90 Hz and Reprojection = off? Why 60hz? Is the VR60_G2.json only made for 60hz?

2) And for now i have a Pimax 5k+: Can i use your files for it, too? And do i have to lower the Pimax setting to 60 hz or can i leave it on 90hz?

3) When i set a VR goggle to 90hz, without reprojection, but my fps drops lower than 90, isnt it better to have for example 70-90 fps instead of constant 60 fps? Or will i have stottering/micro lags when fps drops below 90 hz?

4) the linked AC Guide: is it for ACC too, or only for the older AC

Thanks so far!

1) Yes you can, but even a 3090 will struggle to keep 90hz in all situations. Depends a lot on CPU too. 60hz means less pressure on GPU and CPU, leading to a constant frame rate.

2) You can use any files you want at any refresh you want. Try them and test what runs.

3) HMDs are locked to a specific refresh rate. At 90hz you need a frame ready to be displayed every 11ms. If it is not ready and took 11.2ms for that frame it will have to wait another 11ms to display it leading to stuttering. The HMD can't run at an intermediate frame rate, it is either 90 or 45. If you see the frame rate saying 65 or 70 fps that is because it is doing a mixture of 90 fps and 45 fps and the average is somewhere in between. That constant changing between 45 and 90 is very bad.

4) Linked guide?

• Deleted member 197115

You should be able to use these settings at 90 with 3090 if your CPU is up to snuff.
I use 60 on 1080Ti, so can't guarantee for sure.
Constantly jumping framerate in VR is unpleasant experience, same as on flat monitors without VRR.

I have a Reverb G2 since a few days now and I do seem to prefer motion smoothing (reprojection) at full detail rather than 60Hz it seems. But I am still testing and tweaking at the moment.

Options seem to be :

*) 90Hz at 50% resolution => but I'd rather not since 100% resolution is so much sharper and better sweet spot
*) 60Hz at 100% resolution => but you notice it is not as smooth as 90Hz
*) 90Hz but 45FPS rendered effectively => best for now as the reprojection does not seem to have too much artifacts

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 102 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 41 36.6%