Share your VR graphic settings

So much for that. Card arrived DOA.

Back in business after many more hours than expected. I had fully assumed my 8 year old 750W OCZ power supply would be fine. It wasn't. I bought a new EVGA 850W and card is now 100% stable. A new/better 750W may have also sufficed I suspect now.

Notes:

3600X 16GB, Gigabyte RTX3800 GAMING OC
Started with VR_90 presets
Motion Vector on Auto
Force FPS 47
Locked 90Hz impossible without to much visual sacrifice so I gave up on that dream.
Didn't test 60Hz as Motion Vectors don't bother me when working well.

Changed:

Render Resolution now at 90.
All graphic options that were disabled or less than HIGH are now enabled and/or set to HIGH.
Mirror still at med/med.

Tested:

12 cars race & visible.
Day/Night with and without Rain

Result:

100% Stable 45Hz. WMR display showed only blue and cyan (mostly always both) but never red.
Always Smooth with zero corner stutter.

Last edited:
Hey All,

I have a question Regarding Streaming for ACC. I have finally set it up great and happy with the result but I can't get it to record/stream the way I want it to.

If I use the VR preview monitor feed, the clarity turns out being really good but the FOV is much smaller and not located to exactly what I actually see but much higher up and you are looking at the roof of the car more than the Windshield/wheel/display:

Now, if I record using Oculus Mirror, I can get the FOV that I want, in addition have the HUD show in the recordings but the quality of the feed itself is pretty bad. Its grainy and pixelated:

Does anyone know how to make the FOV shown on the preview monitor larger? I'm just looking to find the best way to record.

Let me know, thanks!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It's looks like lower settings than I use today on 1080Ti at 60Hz.
Guess it all depends on the system and OC level as his original setting are way too low for 1080Ti.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to report my findings regarding my above post. So I have my settings at a great point that I'm really happy with. Rocking a 1070ti with Rift S with Andrew_WOT settings slightly adjusted (Down to 1.65SS, Saturation down to 100, Sharpness to 300)

It's been driving me nuts, I've been trying to record my monitor preview in VR but it turns out, using Oculus, only the top left of the VR View is shown and the rest is cropped out. You can see this from this footage that I showed before:

If you however run Steam VR instead of Oculus, you get an accurate centered spectator view on your monitor and can use it for good recordings.

I really don't know why this is the case and I'm guessing it's a bug but I just figured I'd share because I was trying to figure this out.

Any idea how to report something like this?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

SteamVR specific part was only SS and reprojection settings.
You have these in Oculus too. Enable ASW, set SS to 100% and just use VR_60 settings along with engine.ini.
You may need to go less greedy with Pixel Density if your system cannot keep up (don't know your setup).
And disabling mirrors altogether can give a very nice FPS boost in CPU bound scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU should bb pretty good I got a Ryzen 7 3800x but only a 1080. I want to try to go for full 90Hz/fps so I should use the VR_90 settings? I get very weird ghosting in ASW mode :(

I run a 3900x and 1080 with CV1 and get 90fps in most situations. Dusk and dawn (sun + headlights) have issues as does Nurburgring stadium section at night, so in those situations I'll run with ASW. Alternatively you could just turn the shadows right down and/or ambient occlusion off in the engine.ini (r.AOquality=0). I did a night race at Laguna Seca yesterday and it held 90fps throughout.

Here are my engine.ini and video settings.

Attachments

• VR_CV1_90.json
    970 bytes · Views: 162
  • Engine.ini
    2.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I run a 3900x and 1080 with CV1 and get 90fps in most situations. Dusk and dawn (sun + headlights) have issues as does Nurburgring stadium section at night, so in those situations I'll run with ASW. Alternatively you could just turn the shadows right down and/or ambient occlusion off in the engine.ini (r.AOquality=0). I did a night race at Laguna Seca yesterday and it held 90fps throughout.

Here are my engine.ini and video settings.
Thank you very much, I will try these :)

Do you use 200% pixel density then?

Last edited:
I finally got around to using @Andrew_WOT 's ACC VR engine.ini and VR_60 settings now I have a 3080 graphics card. It does not run at a driveable 90 fps on a 3080 even in single player with the mirrors. It is nice to finally be able to play the game and it looks OK. It is quite soft, my main issue is the brake boards they aren't readable until are pretty close to them, still its not a big problem. Playable that is the main thing, thanks for the settings because the presets for VR are garbage.

• Deleted member 197115

I am very surprised that 3080 can't get to stable 90 fps. Based on benchmarks it's like 70% boost comparing to 1080Ti which I can run with no issues at stable 60fps (thanks WMR) and with that boost, in theory, it should easily achieve 90.
Perhaps UE4 does not scale that linear or CPU starts dragging performance down.
Still can't get my hands on 3080 to see how well it fare.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.