Share your VR graphic settings

Gentlemen, I have Pimax 5K Plus, can anyone share better settings for ACC than those I have at the moment:

LzHaqvZ.jpg

HDL29C8.jpg

y976xFe.jpg

Guys, I'll say it one more time. You don't need a 3080 / 6800XT to run ACC in VR with a good image. The main key, is that you can either run 60hz to free up a lot of resources for additional pixel density or use motion smoothing with 90hz and have the settings low enough that they do not compromise the image. The image is indeed compromised in ACC when you get frame drops, very very high GPU usage / high frame times. It blurs the image when that happens, even more than normal. The good thing, is even if you cannot stand the 60hz mode, it cost similar resources to use the 90hz with motion smoothing. So just pick one and you should be good to go. For the life of me I cannot understand what this flickering talk is all about, I cannot see that anywhere and I've been running ACC in 60hz ever since I was graced with the Reverb G1.

I kinda disagree with you, if you can't stand the 60hz because of the insane flickering (be glad that you're one of the people that don't notice it), your only option is to use reprojection.

The ASW for Oculus works pretty good, and I've always used that on my Rift S. However the WMR and SteamVR reprojection/motion smoothing are just plain bad. Every line on the dashboard becomes squiggly and is jumping around. Menu's become intoxicating because everything jumps around. So reprojection (unless it's on auto and kicks in just on that one part of a track) isn't really a valid option imo.

So if you can't stand the flickering of 60hz then you pretty much have to upgrade (if possible both cpu and gpu since ACC likes both of them to be out of this world). Or you settle for a lower resolution image, which becomes very very visible when using a headset like the G2.

• Deleted member 197115

While I don't use reprojection regularly, prefer 60hz (not sure what "insane" flickering you are talking about), but in whatever experience including ACC I had with it, visually it looks very good, barely distinguishable from native 90fps, very clean and sharp. The only problem is when it starts judder and skip in turns breaking fluid immersion and extra load it adds to GPU.
If you see what you see, jumping around, etc., it's either tracking issue, or just WMR reprojection cannot keep up.
Enable reprojection indicator, if it's turn red this is it, you have no juice to run reprojection properly, accordingly to WMR documentation you need to be able to run at least consistent 60fps to have smooth reprojection experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
prefer 60hz (not sure what "insane" flickering you are talking about)

You don't see the 60hz flicker on bright parts of the screen? (mainly peripheral vision) It's the reason why 60hz gaming was considered so bad back in the CRT monitor days. Many office workers got eye strain and headaches from 60hz monitors.

LCD monitors don't have the issue because the image persists for a long time, but with CRT and low persistence screens for HMDs the flicker is quite bad for most people.

• Deleted member 197115

You don't see the 60hz flicker on bright parts of the screen? (mainly peripheral vision) It's the reason why 60hz gaming was considered so bad back in the CRT monitor days. Many office workers got eye strain and headaches from 60hz monitors.

LCD monitors don't have the issue because the image persists for a long time, but with CRT and low persistence screens for HMDs the flicker is quite bad for most people.
Yes, I know how it works. It can be noticeable at first but goes away after a while, same as people stop noticing flickering fluorescent lights, brain just start filtering it out. Also dropping brightness a bit helps.
Not super ideal, but smaller out of the two evils (jumping reprojection vs fluid 60fps), at least for me.
And when I say I don't see it anymore, I really mean it.
To be honest, hated it at first, you can check my earlier posts in this very thread.

Did you read readme.txt, by default 100% SS for G2 is almost 200% of native, set it to 50%.

Hi Andre_WOT, where did you get this from? I'm using SteamVR betas from approx May 2020 and if i set 100% on SteamVR resolution and SteamVR SS i get 2212x2164 which is the closest to native Reverb resolution.

I'm asking because as everyone here i'm struggling with a decent setting to get the best visual without losing frames...

..atm i'm using a 2080S and the Reverb G1 is at 60Hz (i'm lucky to feel good even after hours at 60Hz).

Thanks!

EDIT: i've also noticed that ACC doesn't care at all of what you set in SteamVR resolution slider, i only see diferences when changing the ingame setting for Resolution and VR pixel density (now i'm using 100% res and 140% pixel density)

Last edited:
Hi Andre_WOT, where did you get this from? I'm using SteamVR betas from approx May 2020 and if i set 100% on SteamVR resolution and SteamVR SS i get 2212x2164 which is the closest to native Reverb resolution.

I'm asking because as everyone here i'm struggling with a decent setting to get the best visual without losing frames...

..atm i'm using a 2080S and the Reverb G1 is at 60Hz (i'm lucky to feel good even after hours at 60Hz).

Thanks!

EDIT: i've also noticed that ACC doesn't care at all of what you set in SteamVR resolution slider, i only see diferences when changing the ingame setting for Resolution and VR pixel density (now i'm using 100% res and 140% pixel density)

The 100% steamvr ss settings are totally different between the reverb g1 and g2. Steamvr sets a resolution over 3000x3000 per eye for the G2 which if left at that makes it pretty much impossible for any pc to drive the G2 at 60fps never mind 90fps!

Hi guys, I’m running a 3080 at 60hz on a g2 with steam resolution set at 100%, everything in game set to 100% or high/epic and very happy with the results (I’m just playing with ai at the moment as I’m just starting out).
the only graphical downside that I’m noticing is something like a shimmering effect on things like track lines, fences, etc.
any suggestions on that?

Last edited:
hallo allemaal er is iemand die goede instellingen heeft voor dirt rally 2.0 met hp reverbg2 met een 1080ti, nvidia configuratie, wmr, steam en in game setting, ik ben nieuw in vr en kan de bomen niet meer door het bos zien met vriendelijke groeten

• Deleted member 197115

Done some tests today...i don't know at this point if the problem is on my system but with in-game PD at 100% i can put SteamSs to 500% and nothing changes..
Get fpsVR
Launch ACC, tab out and in fpsVR settings click Detect Resolution, that should measure effective target resolution of the running VR app.
Repeat the same after changing SteamVR SS settings and restarting ACC.
Observe the difference
1609701624277.png

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 46 53.5%