Samsung Odyssey Install

I just got the Samsung Odyssey just before I noticed the Plus. Oh well! The bugs should be worked out?

Just wanted to ask about install procedures and settings tips.

With the last update of WMR for steam, the following line has been removed : "motionReprojectionTemporalEnabled" : true (default.vrsettings file). Do we have to add it manually or is it really obsolete ?

• Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Have done some testing with motionReprojectionTemporalEnabled included into file on Prague (guaranteed reprojection).
Looks the same with the parameter and without, so definitively Temporal is a default and only mode available.

I'm desperated...w10 1809 update has totally broken my vr experience. Since then I've got severe usb 3.0 issues.....I've tried almost everything (bought a PCI E card, uninstall reinstall Windows portal, Hololens driver, USB controller aso...) worked for a while and failed again... I'm quite sure that my unit (Dell visor) is not faulty. I really think that comes from this w10 update. I don't want to waste my time in performing a fresh install of the OS... Has anyone had the same issue ? Any tips ? Maybe the

• Deleted member 197115

So...

Anyone here can play with OpenVR and Spatial Sound (3d sound which follow your head moviment) ?

It just works to me with Oculus Rift mode. But there I'm having performance issues with the new updated version of SteamVr and WMR ASW...
Latest Shader Mod from Ilya fixed this. :D

Yesterday I've tested this mod and it's real, the spatial sound is fixed! So, I am still trying new tweaks to improve my fps when I'm online . Single player I got 90fps 100% of time.. supersampling in 180% but when I get online sometimes it enters in ASW 45fps. But there is a performance curiosity, when you change the view camera to outisou the car, the fps goes back to 90 easily..

I am running it on a good computer.. it's I7 7700, 16gb DDR4 @ Nvidia RTX 2070..
My gpu is working with 65% of the capacity...
I'M reading few posts about CPU bottleneck ..
I tried to turn off all apps.. and nothing

Do you have some tip for it?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Reflections, shadows, mirrors, world details, number of opponents, all those are CPU hungry.
Try to drop these, also there are additional performance options for Custom Shaders, try to turn them on, as well as custom font rendering (also there)

My settings for reference

Modify the following files:

A)

\\STEAM\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings
and edit the file, changing "renderTargetScale" : 2.0" (instead of 1.0)

B)

\\STEAM\config\steam.vrsettings
and edit

"compositor" : {
"renderTargetMultiplier" : 2
},

instyead of 1.

thank you for your aswer. So no A and B. So not working in oculus.
Sorry for my bad english but i dont get the "is power of two of Oculus"

• Deleted member 197115

1.41 (Oculus) ^2 = 2.0 SteamVR
SteamVR SS multplier is for total pixel count (area), not image size.

And latest WMR update made 2.0 renderTargetScale default.

Man, thanks very much for your tips and configurations.
After setup the shaders mod tweaks and install the gBw my experience with AC has changed from wine to water... Incredible.

With the gBw suite, everything gets beautiful and sharpened.. contrast and color.. also I noticed an gain in performance. Now I think 90% of the time I get 90fps on online games.

Hey, I have a tip for you (if you don't know it already)
Assettocorsa/system/cfg/graphics.ini

Setup the MIP_LOD_BIAS=-0.5

instead the 0

It will give an sharpen image without get aliased..
You can adjust it with CM but there it jumps direct to -1 .. and for me it is too much

Thanks man,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back