Samsung Odyssey Install

I just got the Samsung Odyssey just before I noticed the Plus. Oh well! The bugs should be worked out?

Just wanted to ask about install procedures and settings tips.

@Andrew_WOT Mine has shipped so should be here next week. Going from a rift to this.

Should I first disconnect all the rift components and uninstall Rift software before connecting the OD+?

I have both and I didn't have to uninstall Oculus. If you have triple screens you will need to change the resolution to 1920x1080 on a single screen before the Samsung will work and possibly reboot, but that's about it. I've been switching back and forth and its hard to say if I like it better. Last night I was set to return it. I'm going to try it again today and make a final decision.

• Deleted member 197115

Wouldn't hurt, I guess. I had some drivers conflict moving from original Odyssey, but Oculus is not WMR and could be fine.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks,

Do you play with Oculus Rift Mode and Revive?
Nope, I've tried Revive with Dirt Rally but didn't like the quirkiness of setup and result, so just ditched all Oculus specific stuff. Do not remember if I had head positional sound though, actually never noticed it I miss it in AC until you mentioned it. :)

• Deleted member 197115

Can't contain my excitement to share this finding with you guys.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/3276824488715073552/
Ignore part with compositor changes, just go into
\\STEAM\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings
and change renderTargetScale to 2.0 instead of 1.0, after that match AC SS to that target.
I couldn't believe the difference at first, stunning really.
Did the same with SkyrimVR, same result, mind boggling clarity.

\\STEAM\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings
and change renderTargetScale to 2.0 instead of 1.0, after that match AC SS to that target.

Awesome! Tomorrow I will check it!

Today I received the SteamVr update to 1.1.4 and also a Nvidia driver update..
I noticed I really improved image quality.
Much more sharpener and crisp.. looks like an supersampling but it is not.

• Deleted member 197115

Don"t forget to shutdown SteamVR when making changes to the file.
And folks, disable Advanced Supersampling Filtering. You can see what it does when running virtual desktop in BigScreen, turn it off and on, it takes effect immediately.

Hi Andrew,
I've changed the value to 2.0 in the SS in-game app then saved. But when I launch the game again it's still the old value ? I've tried to look at the openvr.ini file but there is no mention of SS ! Any trick ? Thx in advance

Had a try. The overall performance seems to be better. Even if I have a same GPU as yours, my settings are a bit lower (reflections off and a lighter PP effect set to minimal). With these I can keep a steady 90 fps in online races, which is for me the most important. Thanks again for your very helpful guide. Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back