Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
Even the best screen can't replicated racing experience in virtual reality. For me there is just no way back. So 38" is just for shooters and whatever other stuff I do on my PC.

So, for you, VR can take the sim racing experience to a level of 'reality' that you cannot feel any other way? Or, if my use of the word 'reality' is not the right one... then does 'immersion' better describe it?

Upvote 0
Keen to see how the new HP VR will perform with the new GPU models and yes I agree VR is awesome but it's not for everyone. Yeah and here is not the place to cover it.

I am being torn between screen options though on what the next ideal screen for me might be...

OLED might be more my choice at this time especially if full 120Hz HDR is going to be possible with custom resolutions via update or tweaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This guy does interesting videos and says he has the G7 32" coming

By what he says, it appears he seems to disagree at an extent with some of the views shared by some on these forums regards the topic of framerates. It's hard to find user/owner views on this and videos illustrating such with racing titles, so this might interest some.

In fairness is it sensible to assume that HDMI 2.1 4K 120Hz is likely to become the more desired option than1080p attempting to get 240Hz. While a middle ground of 1440p with something above 120Hz but below 200Hz may have people prefer the increased resolution of 4K than increased Hz.

This all depends of course if the next hardware coming will offer 4k 120Hz or not and what Hz range is possible on monitors like the G7 or G9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

True 4K at 120Hz? That's kind of a stretch for most modern sims on current hardware.
I think I can get AC benchmark at around 115 fps but it goes down during actual races or night conditions.
This is on OCed 1080Ti and i9-9900K.

What sims do you use?

Upvote 0
True 4K at 120Hz? That's kind of a stretch for most modern sims on current hardware.
I think I can get AC benchmark at around 115 fps but it goes down during actual races or night conditions.
This is on OCed 1080Ti and i9-9900K.

What sims do you use?

Im talking of future cards and hardware obviously, it's going to happen, just a matter of when.
We need a card probably 2x what a 1080Ti is or more and not another @30% increase and highly inflated prices.

GPU has to catch up with what display tech is offering and we see perfect examples of this with HDMI 2.1 and OLED 120hz support as well as monitors like the G9 that need much more performance from what GPUs are offering.

VR is the same with the new HP unit coming this fall.

Upvote 0
This guy has several video uploads with the G7 and has some issues.
Not certain if he has the latest firmware or if some of these issues are down to his own unit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Show me a monitor that doesn't do that on full brightness — full brightness isn't what the monitor is designed for. Even more so — who sets it to full brightness in the dark? The camera most certainly accentuates the issues.

Looks good to me though.

I think the main issues he's having are with the other videos he has uploaded.
Does look good regards colours for a monitor.

EDIT: Here he applies better settings and finds why he had some issues

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G9 Unboxing/Early Look
I laughed when Linus said he was most excited not with its curve but that its 240Hz Gsync, which people here do like to keep knocking :D

Of course, the problem with this monitor is even achieving close to that and if its worth it or not and also how well it would work with lowered resolution?

Is a cracking looking monitor though, weve waited six months on reviews of this coming since first shown at CES in Jan...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have to admit, it must be amazing on one's desktop. But, the G9's size would just be too much for my space.

I put the decision to get the LG 38GL950G monitor on hold, and jumped aboard the VR crazy train and pre-ordered the HP VR Reverb G2 headset.

...Ah, Capitalism's advertising genius at creating 'wants', ie, buying stuff to make ourselves happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back