Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
How is it? :p

Wise guy....;) September a LONG way off... Esp since Fanatec order coming Friday...

Wait 'til wifey sees all the boxes on the front steps... First, will do the dishes, vacuum the condo, put out recycling, change the AC filter, do the laundry, etc, etc, etc. She gets home, says: "...So, feeling guilty, are 'ya... " There's no winning, but I keep trying...

Upvote 0
Damn, that1000R is much more curved than the 1800R

I think you’d have to be sat so damn close those to get the full view off the thing,
My triple 32 inch ultrawide when driving is just so immersive I can’t see past the sides or top it’s like I am actually driving the car,
2.2 meters span, make all the curve you want I still don’t think with 100% identical setup both side by side id still walk away with one of these not unless it was 65inch wide but even then there really narrow top to bottom.

Upvote 0
I think you’d have to be sat so damn close those to get the full view off the thing,
My triple 32 inch ultrawide when driving is just so immersive I can’t see past the sides or top it’s like I am actually driving the car,
2.2 meters span, make all the curve you want I still don’t think with 100% identical setup both side by side id still walk away with one of these not unless it was 65inch wide but even then there really narrow top to bottom.
I totally agree. But to be fair I don't think both setups are aimed at the same exact goal. Yes, both should give you a broader field of view, but the triple is more expensive and needs more space. As much as I would've loved to have a triple setup for the immersion the 49" UW was just the sweet spot for the restrictions I have considering hardware and space. Plus I'd rather have no bezels.

So I don't think there is a real rivalry between triples and UW. More like they exist side by side each with a reason to exist trying to achieve similar.

On another note I am really looking forward to seeing first simracing video with the new G9. I mean with correct FOV, not third view arcade style.

Upvote 0
I totally agree. But to be fair I don't think both setups are aimed at the same exact goal. Yes, both should give you a broader field of view, but the triple is more expensive and needs more space. As much as I would've loved to have a triple setup for the immersion the 49" UW was just the sweet spot for the restrictions I have considering hardware and space. Plus I'd rather have no bezels.

So I don't think there is a real rivalry between triples and UW. More like they exist side by side each with a reason to exist trying to achieve similar.

On another note I am really looking forward to seeing first simracing video with the new G9. I mean with correct FOV, not third view arcade style.
Yes I almost went this way also I think my 3 triples was actually 50$ cheaper than buying a ultrawide, well not with the 3x cables I purached 3 times lol but I’ll save that story for the grandkids :D

having no bezel is really attractive, having less software issues with Nvidia is also a bigger +, less cables + less total volume required space wise,
These 32 inch are pretty wide like 710 or 720 mm wide left to right these bezels yes I see them but it’s nothing like having triple 24 or 27 inch screens way more distracting,

I think this new monitor looks awesome I keep checking the thread I’m sure someone will have one soon setup on a nice rig.:)

Upvote 0
@CC
I see your point. And bigger is always better. I have a 100" front projection cinema setup, so I know. :roflmao:

My rig is situated in the living room and is imposing as it is. Now imagine triples. ;-)

With hardware I was referring to graphics card. I am still on a GTX1070, which is just managing ACC on the 3820x1080 49" UW I got for 700€.

When the next gen GFX cards is out at the end of 2020 I will evaluate anew. But again, the G9 seems to be a logical step up for me (higher res, more curvature) with same the footprint. I would think the price will go down to sub 1000€ by then.

I just wish they will release the G9 also in black....

Upvote 0
@CC
I see your point. And bigger is always better. I have a 100" front projection cinema setup, so I know. :roflmao:

My rig is situated in the living room and is imposing as it is. Now imagine triples. ;-)

With hardware I was referring to graphics card. I am still on a GTX1070, which is just managing ACC on the 3820x1080 49" UW I got for 700€.

When the next gen GFX cards is out at the end of 2020 I will evaluate anew. But again, the G9 seems to be a logical step up for me (higher res, more curvature) with same the footprint. I would think the price will go down to sub 1000€ by then.

I just wish they will release the G9 also in black....
Hi,
Yes I highly doubt the price will drop to 1k not for at least a good 12-18 months until something bigger and better comes along,
Would destroy the market,
I mean yeah be awesome but just don’t see it, unless they are taking marketing advice from AMD :D

Upvote 0
We've yet to get really any decent illustrations and user views of the monitor from a sim racing perspective and that curve. Id expect it to be better than the 1800R experience and wed likely be around the 80-100 cm distance from the screen.

We do now know it is capable of good 240Hz performance but with the resolution of the G9 how many titles will you be getting the level of framerate? So this certainly is a monitor for future usage even if it is not HDMI 2.1

I suppose for some with the OLED screens like LG that are 2.1 they await being able to play in 4K at 120Hz. We see driver issues from Nvidia for both the new CX from LG and these G7 G9 displays.

That is maybe what is holding up certain reviews and also rumours on the situation with these monitors

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the 34" LG 34GK950F is better than the G7, and the 38" LG 38GL950G I would buy before the Samsung G9.

The 1000 curve is sexy and cool but a bit of a gimmick I'm afraid. But, there is something to be said for hearing your buddy or brother-in-law say after he sees it on your desk, "Holy sh**, look at that monitor."

Upvote 0
I couldnt justify the cost of the new G9, so I settled with the previous model.

You hear about how big they are, but I was expecting this.

FSmakFd.jpg

Have to do some arsing around to mount it to my sliding VESA mount on the weekend.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Smells like recall

Upvote 0
Recalls may be rumors/speculation, perhaps a certain number of batches are affected or its region/country issue? So far nothing official from Samsung has been confirmed for a full recall and what the reason for it is.

Although the internet does love sensationalism.

One of the current issues confirmed by owners seems to be with drivers and new drivers fixing certain issues

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Cockpit view still seems too restricted/limited comparing to triples. :(
Also, is their some weird distortion going on, look at the pillar size and mirror?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing