rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Silverstone - Fri 10 Jul 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
hello very good morning, enter the server to know the porland circuit, and it seems to me that I will participate in GTE BMW, it does not seem to me a circuit that supports the LMP2 category. I do not find the sense in running on that circuit, it seems like carting hehehehehe. From my own experience, in this type of circuits 2 categories is too conficitive. Regards.

hello very good morning, enter the server to know the porland circuit, and it seems to me that I will participate in GTE BMW, it does not seem to me a circuit that supports the LMP2 category. I do not find the sense in running on that circuit, it seems like carting hehehehehe. From my own experience, in this type of circuits 2 categories is too conficitive. Regards.
Thank you for your feedback, @Marco Antonio Rodriguez. It is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

There are two reasons why Portland International Raceway was chosen for this event. The first is that the circuit is "new" - or rather it is "fresh" - and is one of the latest to receive the Studio 397 treatment, with new textures, shaders, and whatnot. The second reason is that the track once hosted the Portland Grand Prix, which was part of the ALMS and included both the Prototype and GT categories (at the time - they were changing quite a lot back then) in a single multi-class race. However, there were significantly fewer participants.

Given the number of people we have got signed up to take part in this event I think it will be best to go with a different circuit that is able to accommodate everyone. I think the best option will be Silverstone, since it has also received a fresh lick of paint. What are your thoughts? And that question goes out to everyone else too.

Thank you for your feedback, @Marco Antonio Rodriguez. It is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

There are two reasons why Portland International Raceway was chosen for this event. The first is that the circuit is "new" - or rather it is "fresh" - and is one of the latest to receive the Studio 397 treatment, with new textures, shaders, and whatnot. The second reason is that the track once hosted the Portland Grand Prix, which was part of the ALMS and included both the Prototype and GT categories (at the time - they were changing quite a lot back then) in a single multi-class race. However, there were significantly fewer participants.

Given the number of people we have got signed up to take part in this event I think it will be best to go with a different circuit that is able to accommodate everyone. I think the best option will be Silverstone, since it has also received a fresh lick of paint. What are your thoughts? And that question goes out to everyone else too.
My take on this is: why not both?:thumbsup:

My take on this is: why not both?:thumbsup:
I think Portland is only suited to either a single class of cars, or a limited number of participants at a time. We will use Portland in the future, but probably not for multi-class events... unless we run multiple servers, but that could be difficult to manage with only a single member of staff overseeing the event(s).

I reckon it will be fun. Let it be! the number of signups show people want Portland
My concern is that it will lead to a large number of incidents, especially given that we have two very different classes of car, which wouldn't be fun for anyone. Also I think that the number of sign ups is more to do with the cars being used rather than the circuit, though I could be wrong.

As a massive steam sale noob I am delighted with this change. I was actually thinking of pulling out due to the track as the chances of me ruining someones race were too high!

As a massive steam sale noob I am delighted with this change. I was actually thinking of pulling out due to the track as the chances of me ruining someones race were too high!
HAHAHA! Got to make the most of that Steam Summer Sale! :laugh:

This is exactly what I'm thinking too - so many drivers on this track, with big speed differentials between the cars, is only going to daunt participants (it does not sound particularly appealing to me either) and potentially result in chaos if an incident occurs... both of which we don't want to see, especially not in a club event which is supposed to be about having fun. I wasn't quite expecting so many people to sign up, which is why at first I thought that the choice of track would be fine. But given the numbers I think switching to a bigger track is the sensible thing to do.

My concern is that it will lead to a large number of incidents, especially given that we have two very different classes of car, which wouldn't be fun for anyone. Also I think that the number of sign ups is more to do with the cars being used rather than the circuit, though I could be wrong.
I understand your concern and I think you are right. But people here know the implications I guess? I would assume they know the track isn`t the best venue for this race but that was what attracted me. I wanted to try something different, I guess this race will be hectic! It is not a league race anyway.

I understand your concern and I think you are right. But people here know the implications I guess? I would assume they know the track isn`t the best venue for this race but that was what attracted me. I wanted to try something different, I guess this race will be hectic! It is not a league race anyway.
Maybe some will know the implications, but others may not - they will have just signed up to take part in an event, and be faced with a potentially nasty surprise when they join the server. The idea is for these club races to be accessible to all drivers, of any ability. I think going ahead with this event at Portland will perturb the majority, both novices and experienced drivers. As I have said, we will use Portland at some point, but a multi-class event with so many drivers is probably not (at the moment) the right time. I appreciate what you mean by wanting to try something different. It is always nice to try new tracks, cars, and combinations. But in this case I do not believe that it is the way to go; as you have said "I guess this race will be hectic", and this is exactly what we want to avoid for a club event.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.