rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Silverstone - Fri 10 Jul 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Does anyone have a heli corsa radar type app up and running in rf2? I have the plugin(link below) installed and running but i cant see it on screen. I was reading that some plugins didn't transition over when the switch to directx11 was made.

Ask @CaptainNoHope , he told me he uses an other one which is fine and pretty similar to AC's one

Thanks for all the work, I agree with my colleagues, GT3 porland if it would be a fun race, apologize for putting the circuit change so late, the truth is that I did not get to know it until today, and I saw the madness that would be a multi-class race , heheheheh, I am using google translate, my level of English is very limited sorry. If you don't understand something, you answer me heheheh.

Does anyone have a heli corsa radar type app up and running in rf2? I have the plugin(link below) installed and running but i cant see it on screen. I was reading that some plugins didn't transition over when the switch to directx11 was made.

Unfortunately old graphical overlay plugins for rFactor 2, which were rendered directly in the game, will no longer work with DX11 because there is not a "hook point", as there was when the game used DX9 for rendering, through which to "inject" overlays into the game. That is my understanding of it anyway - a software developer's take on rendering graphics. :laugh:

As others have stated, the way to do it now is to use external tools, like SimHub, which take care of the rendering themselves; the plugins now simply feed data to these tools. :geek:

Thanks for all the work, I agree with my colleagues, GT3 porland if it would be a fun race, apologize for putting the circuit change so late, the truth is that I did not get to know it until today, and I saw the madness that would be a multi-class race , heheheheh, I am using google translate, my level of English is very limited sorry. If you don't understand something, you answer me heheheh.
HAHA! Not a problem at all! I think that the GT3 cars at Portland will either be the next race or the next race but one - we shall see, but I can assure you that we will be racing at Portland soon! :thumbsup:

There is no need to apologise. You raised a valid concern, and several others (including myself) felt the same way, so we have made a decision to change the track. This is better than hosting a potentially disastrous event that is marred by incidents. Also, the change is not late - remember that this event has been postponed until next week, so there's still plenty of time for people to practice and get used to the "new" track.

Finally, I can understand you perfectly fine, even if you are using Google Translate. So, once again, there is no need for you to apologise. I appreciate that English may not be the first language for a number of people in the forums, but you're doing a great job! :)

Unfortunately old graphical overlay plugins for rFactor 2, which were rendered directly in the game, will no longer work with DX11 because there is not a "hook point", as there was when the game used DX9 for rendering, through which to "inject" overlays into the game. That is my understanding of it anyway - a software developer's take on rendering graphics. :laugh:

As others have stated, the way to do it now is to use external tools, like SimHub, which take care of the rendering themselves; the plugins now simply feed data to these tools. :geek:

Got it all sorted, borderless window , simhub running with radar, dash and the whole schibang. Cheers for the pointers.

OK, I'm now quite confused with the amount of changes this event has undergone during the week, and the discussion about when and what didn't really help.

So if I understand it correctly (and the thread title seems to suggest so), this multiclass event (GTE/LMP) is now moved to next Friday (10 July) and it will be at Silverstone, not Portland?

If that is correct, then I guess sign me out, sorry. I might sign again later, but makes no sense to hog a spot for now in case I decide not to do it.

(BTW, regarding the radar widget discussion - should anyone want my SimHub widgets I use in my videos and on my streams, feel free to send me a PM, I'll give you a link.)

OK, I'm now quite confused with the amount of changes this event has undergone during the week, and the discussion about when and what didn't really help.
There has only been two changes. The date was the first, which was absolutely unavoidable because I have to work this evening and there is nobody else to cover for me (either at work, or for this event). And the second was the track, which was only changed based on the feedback received; I did ask for the opinion of others, but had to make a decision pretty quickly to avoid further confusion.

So if I understand it correctly (and the thread title seems to suggest so), this multiclass event (GTE/LMP) is now moved to next Friday (10 July) and it will be at Silverstone, not Portland?
I can confirm that your understanding is correct. The race is next week, on the 10th July, and will be at Silverstone. The thread title and opening post will always be up to date, and display the correct information about the event. If it is not then I have done something wrong.

If that is correct, then I guess sign me out, sorry. I might sign again later, but makes no sense to hog a spot for now in case I decide not to do it.
I'm sorry to hear that, mate. :( I hope that we'll see you again next time. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back