Sorry your not happy Michael,
All you do is complain, we could release the cars a lot faster but the team is busy polishing off all the last details in all areas of the Dev these things take time you have seen the quality :)
I think the level of quality and the original, bespoke features exclusive to RSS cars, not even Kunos cars have, speaks for itself. The trackmaps, the animated interiors, the complex texturing, the ridiculous sounds which came at a great expense to procure, the enjoyable physics. None of these things would have been possible if we rushed it out the door. It's not what we do. It's not what we will do.

The more constructive question is when the next car will arrive, and I can say barring any problems, imminently. We're looking for May to be a very productive month for the remaining 2 cars.

Last edited:
That's terrible news. My g27 died yesterday so everybody but me will be enjoying the update. So unfair! Im going to loose control of my arms like a teenager shortly and that won't be fun for anyone.

That's terrible news. My g27 died yesterday so everybody but me will be enjoying the update. So unfair! Im going to loose control of my arms like a teenager shortly and that won't be fun for anyone.
I have a slight problem with my 3 year old g27 too. My brass encoder is on the way but won't arrive for a week :( oh well. At least the anticipation will be huge.

Oh, I can take part in this discussion.

_20170510_131759.JPG

The plastic housing that holds the main steering bearing of my G25 cracked in 2 or 3 places which happened roughly a year ago after some 8-9 years of use.
I glued the plastic and put a bracket around it, the wheel still works and I've used it a couple hundred hours since then.
The wheel actually has less play now, maybe the plastic was already weakened or partially cracked before the big fractures.

Last edited:
Thought I'd chime in, my G25 arrived 1st April 2008 and is still going strong today :D

The very astute amongst you may realise that's a few days after GT5:prologue released in the UK. This is no coincidence ;) I actually ordered it mid March in preparation but they were out of stock so I had to make do with my DFP for a few more days :geek:

My G27 still dismantled since Lanzo-Release , at least the Brass Encoder finally arrived from Thailand :D
Now I just need some free time to puit it all togother again :O_o:

That is a very cool effect you've come up with CC! Very nice, indeed. Just one question, will that eye view thru the visor be independent of the FoV we choose to run? I have to imagine the answer is yes...I don't think you'd make something that only looks good at a 3 degree range of FoV... But, I just figured I would ask. :D

That is a very cool effect you've come up with CC! Very nice, indeed. Just one question, will that eye view thru the visor be independent of the FoV we choose to run? I have to imagine the answer is yes...I don't think you'd make something that only looks good at a 3 degree range of FoV... But, I just figured I would ask. :D
Yes works with full FOV also I created from scratch full custom reshade presets to use with it also,
we could roll it out with our cars, but the extra resources I highly doubt the project would get passed from upstairs, would require extra versions as there is a lot of extra "data" and settings custom to each car and driver,
I really like this CM software so always try to give ideas if possible and help test builds and settings from time to time and help DEV stuff,

this helmet mod I actually started in 2013 you will see it in my downloads somewhere,
but always wanted it like this which is perfect in my opinion,

hopefully in the coming months in my spare time I can create the rest of the helmets and updates,
but then comes the part of finding the positions of the 200 cars ingame and all the drivers and views,
at some point I would love to see it inside CM in the UI as a optional feature so when you load ingame its there with the reshade effects to all content, but like I say its a lot of work but something I believe needs doing and sharing to everyone :)

Yes works with full FOV also I created from scratch full custom reshade presets to use with it also,
(snip)
at some point I would love to see it inside CM in the UI as a optional feature so when you load ingame its there with the reshade effects to all content, but like I say its a lot of work but something I believe needs doing and sharing to everyone :)
Great to hear about the FoV compatibility.

It's really nice to see some integration in CM with other projects, like Setup Market, SideKick, etc. I could easily see something like this being integrated as an option somewhere in CM. Of course, I have absolutely not idea how to best do it, but that's why they pay you guys the big bucks! :D ;) :laugh:

I know you're a relatively new company and things change with time, but does the RSS team ever envision building race cars like the old Group B cars with the 959 & Ferrari GTO among others? Or is the team's mission to stay more focused on particular types of cars?

Reactions: CC
Great to hear about the FoV compatibility.

It's really nice to see some integration in CM with other projects, like Setup Market, SideKick, etc. I could easily see something like this being integrated as an option somewhere in CM. Of course, I have absolutely not idea how to best do it, but that's why they pay you guys the big bucks! :D ;) :laugh:

I know you're a relatively new company and things change with time, but does the RSS team ever envision building race cars like the old Group B cars with the 959 & Ferrari GTO among others? Or is the team's mission to stay more focused on particular types of cars?
Hi,
Yes really cool with the FOV and features, Ilja who makes the content manager software his a really cool guy, always adding extra features and settings and always tries to help if possible regarding anything you ask,
the best way I can think of to implement the mod without using mass resources and files and making multiple addons and settings is to use CM,
obviously we could add it to all our own projects and keep it inhouse so to speak,
but feel personally giving it to CM and allowing all users of the software to enjoy it on all mods and all content and driver styles is the best way to go with it,
its just something I am making in my free time, and will be helping to implement it hopefully into CM,

regarding the cars not sure the plans on the content I saw a list of cars a while back and its mixed :)

Was cleaning inside the car looked up and found some old stickers from 2007 when the car got parked for ten years until RSS bought it in early 2017 to restore it for you guys into race condition,
was going to scrape the rest of whats left off but decided to leave them :p
2ee2ce0e039fdbda3217b2bdcf226885.jpg

VR guys can thank me with a beer later :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play