AC RSS GT-M @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 25th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at The Glen for some GT action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Watkins-Glen-Chicane-1992.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #3 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 50 minutes - Race

Cars

Event details:
  • Track: Watkins Glen
  • Pit stop: MANDATORY STOP between 10 and 40 minutes.
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory TC and ABS
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

I forgot you were there Paul, I caught that race on YouTube live, the last 15-20 min were especially great racing! Great pics. The fights in p1-3 really made me want to take the "mercer" out. Hopefully with that awesome D2 merc livery :)

Looking forward to this combo. Been a while since we were in GT3s. So far I'm finding you can run a very low wing in these cars. Not sure speed gained in the straights, but it doesn't seem to upset the car in the corners with it low. Reminds me of the ginetta gt4 a little in that regard.

here's a 2021 Watkins Glen IMSA track skin I found if any areinterested. I spend too much time dressing up my cars and tracks :roflmao:

Last edited:
I forgot you were there Paul, I caught that race on YouTube live, the last 15-20 min were especially great racing! Great pics. The fights in p1-3 really made me want to take the "mercer" out. Hopefully with that awesome D2 merc livery :)

Looking forward to this combo. Been a while since we were in GT3s. So far I'm finding you can run a very low wing in these cars. Not sure speed gained in the straights, but it doesn't seem to upset the car in the corners with it low. Reminds me of the ginetta gt4 a little in that regard.

here's a 2021 Watkins Glen IMSA track skin I found if any areinterested. I spend too much time dressing up my cars and tracks :roflmao:
It was a pretty hot day and some were suffering with tyre wear. I didn't realize that the British GT was Pro/Am and with driver changes at halfway added to the interest. The Mustangs in GT4 sounded good too.

A crazy thought: how about a permanent server with these cars:

Nordschleife - qualification 15 minutes, race 3 laps.

Like I said, just a thought. :)
i've had a crazy idea as well: to set up an AC emperor server (i'm willing to pay for it), in order to feature 'arrive and drive' type events on nights when there aren't competing RD races... maybe once a week...

the idea would be to use random, but mostly classic tracks that we are all familiar with Including Nord....), and take a vote on the cars to use for the event that everyone wants more of: i.e. RSS cars, Lolas, Alfa GT, maybe even Toyota AE86, etc... i was thinking it could be a flash event, organized the same evening, so that we can skip ppl putting in tons of practice time...

maybe we could use an 'express' race format with 20 mins practice, 10 mins quali and 45 min race... or something to that effect.

again, it wouldn't be my intention to have events on days when there are already AC events scheduled as i don't want to in any way reduce participation in RD events.
crazy right?

Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at The Glen for some GT action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Watkins-Glen-Chicane-1992.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #3 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 50 minutes - Race

Cars

Event details:
  • Track: Watkins Glen
  • Pit stop: MANDATORY STOP between 10 and 40 minutes.
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory TC and ABS
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

i'd like to join, how to we join the practice server?

i've had a crazy idea as well: to set up an AC emperor server (i'm willing to pay for it), in order to feature 'arrive and drive' type events on nights when there aren't competing RD races... maybe once a week...

the idea would be to use random, but mostly classic tracks that we are all familiar with Including Nord....), and take a vote on the cars to use for the event that everyone wants more of: i.e. RSS cars, Lolas, Alfa GT, maybe even Toyota AE86, etc... i was thinking it could be a flash event, organized the same evening, so that we can skip ppl putting in tons of practice time...

maybe we could use an 'express' race format with 20 mins practice, 10 mins quali and 45 min race... or something to that effect.

again, it wouldn't be my intention to have events on days when there are already AC events scheduled as i don't want to in any way reduce participation in RD events.
crazy right?
Hi Dominic, and Neighbor in San Diego:)
I would love your idea, if it is PDT/PST night time.
It has been really tough to take time off during the work day to race. Fortunately the time overlap with lunch. But if you do the race in our evenings it would be way too early for Europe, where seems most of the racers here are:(
Dai

Last edited:
Hi Dominic, and Neighbor in San Diego:)
I would love your idea, if it is PDT/PST night time.
It has been really tough to take time off during the work day to race. Fortunately the time overlap with lunch. But if you do the race in our evenings it would be way too early for Europe, where seems most of the racers here are:(
Dai
Hey Dai. I didn’t realize you were in the SD area too. How cool. Yes that’s the same problem I have, most of these RD races fall right in the middle of my work day. For that reason I didn’t make today’s Miami street track race and probably won’t make tomorrow’s either…
Work has been pretty busy lately…
Maybe we can schedule races at different times.

I’m the meantime I already set up a server and put it on a loop with the RSS cars at Nordschliefe track. You can check it out if you’re interested.
I’ll send you the server info.

Last edited:
@dbx71 There is certainly a niche to run events, both in US evening time slots and the pop up events/tracks days etc.
I was lucky in that when I started, I was replacing staff in existing events. It's obviously going to be more difficult to get going from scratch, but if you have a core group there that want to race it could gain some traction quick enough!
If you or anyone else wants to give it a go just send me a PM!

Hey Dai. I didn’t realize you were in the SD area too. How cool. Yes that’s the same problem I have, most of these RD races fall right in the middle of my work day. For that reason I didn’t make today’s Miami street track race and probably won’t make tomorrow’s either…
Work has been pretty busy lately…
Maybe we can schedule races at different times.

I’m the meantime I already set up a server and put it on a loop with the RSS cars at Nordschliefe track. You can check it out if you’re interested.
I’ll send you the server info.

Hi Dominic,

I just replied to your PM. It seems like if we setup race time for evenings in the Americas, there should be enough people interested. Great you even have a server setup. I hope it will lead to some races!

Thanks!
Dai

@dbx71 There is certainly a niche to run events, both in US evening time slots and the pop up events/tracks days etc.
I was lucky in that when I started, I was replacing staff in existing events. It's obviously going to be more difficult to get going from scratch, but if you have a core group there that want to race it could gain some traction quick enough!
If you or anyone else wants to give it a go just send me a PM!
Hi Brian;
Thanks for input and support! Yes, I still intend to participate in as many RD races as I can as schedule and timing permits, but I just thought it might be a good alternative to have this backup server available for anyone that wants to throw together a race at times that are more convenient for us in the US, or just want to jump in for a custom race, or want more racing action using certains cars / tracks, etc.

I'll send you info.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 48 54.5%