AC RSS GT-M @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 25th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Driver position can be setup via a in-game app called Driver View(IIRC, you can find it in the menu on the right). The pit setup options only appear when you drive into the pits but should be controllable via the mouse if you have or the POV1 buttons, you select either with the checkmark shown below:

8Phx9hM.png

I hope that helps you out a little! Not sure what function DP references.

Onboard settings, it's a stock app.

Thanks, Driver Position

right now fighting with Discord to link RD and it keeps saying needs to verify my e-mail......no e-mail verification mail.....had the account forever, still works ok on all the other servers I visit....
Am logged in at both places, went to the page to link the sites and.....dead in the water saying "need to verify your account"

You could to disassociate discord and go again. I t sounds like it could be a seperate issue with discord being unverified maybe?

So I got the Discord thing going.

There isn't an AC manual online or otherwise that contains all of this prize information is there???....I have no clue what "stock apps" are available....
If you are sitting in the car and are driving you can move the mouse to the right side of the screen, a vertical menu with all of these apps will then appear! I think CM has some settings for them but I am not quite sure.

that stinks Brian :thumbsdown: you were trimming down my lead. Would have had a fight on our hands. Next time then!

Cars drove nicely. Don't know if RD is still doing their weekly race post, but I'm sure "RSS AC GT3" would get some eyeballs if you put a little championship or some more races with these cars together :coffee:

1hr on the tires is doable, but you notice the wear. Nice pace up there Rob, couldn't hang on to you and Hank at the beginning :thumbsup: Had a fun little spat with Paul at the end there after team order had us sticking close together :laugh:

Sorry about that elbow into the bus stop Fulvio. Tried to go 2 wide without straight up giving up the place, guess I got a little too close, great save :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting it together Brian, always fun to try out new AC content against real people and not AI :) See you all next week

Cool view I saw I think from today at the actual Glen, posted to reddit by the NTE Sport Racing team account :geek:

Last edited:
Good race in great cars on an excellent track. Not much action for me other than being chased by Fulvio for a while when he was in chill mode I suppose while I was riding at the limit. Too bad there weren't more people there. These cars are great, hopefully again soon.

Oh and by the way. Has the 50 minute race turned into a 60 minute race? I had to change my fuel strategy in a panic, which I never do during the race and therefore am totally untrained in it. Luckily it worked.

Great event! :thumbsup:

So I got the Discord thing going.

There isn't an AC manual online or otherwise that contains all of this prize information is there???....I have no clue what "stock apps" are available....

Manuel... Assetto corsa 2014 isn't what most of us use today so youbtube is your best bet for a general guide. Ask away here if you have any questions.

Not sure what the best getting started video out there is. Something like this would bring you fairly up to date with modern AC.

that stinks Brian :thumbsdown: you were trimming down my lead. Would have had a fight on our hands. Next time then!

Cars drove nicely. Don't know if RD is still doing their weekly race post, but I'm sure "RSS AC GT3" would get some eyeballs if you put a little championship or some more races with these cars together :coffee:

1hr on the tires is doable, but you notice the wear. Nice pace up there Rob, couldn't hang on to you and Hank at the beginning :thumbsup: Had a fun little spat with Paul at the end there after team order had us sticking close together :laugh:

Sorry about that elbow into the bus stop Fulvio. Tried to go 2 wide without straight up giving up the place, guess I got a little too close, great save :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting it together Brian, always fun to try out new AC content against real people and not AI :) See you all next week

Cool view I saw I think from today at the actual Glen, posted to reddit by the NTE Sport Racing team account :geek:

Ye I figured out the 'outer loop' a few laps before i dropped. A few tenths gained there and it looked like the bimmer was getting tougher to handle around that point?

Hi still getting things(wheel, keyboard mapping) set and figuring out AC. Can I join at the back (ie don't go out for qual) and then just stay out of everyone's way?

BTW Where's the magic decoder ring for key board shortcuts and mapping to wheel bottoms. Stuff like driver position for aft left right etc? Found a few sheets online but wondered if there was something official somewhere

Hi Bob,

For future the servers always launch at same time every Sunday evening.
I'll add you to the password thread and get you setup on our server for the next one. You can sign up for races yourself from then. Practice servers run throughout the week too.

I sort of dropped out given that I didn't have the pace to keep up with anyone and after a few minutes was already a straggler. After 25 minutes couldn't even see anyone coming up on the timing screen and just wanted to make setup changes so off I went to do something more productive. The cars are a hoot though! I do love racing in them!

That and the last corner were the two hardest for me. Had to get it right, otherwise it would understeer.

Don't think my tires were off yet, just driver wear :laugh:

I havn't driven the Bayro so was wondering! The Merc felt alot quicker than the lambo anyway.

So the BOP system for these. One I have been thinking about using in other GT classes for a long time, so we can test it here.

First 3 placed marques are awarded a ballast/restrictor penalty to those cars, applying for everyone driving them.

So

1st place 3 BOP points
2nd place 2 BOP points
3rd place 1 BOP point.

The scale goes

• 2kg
  • 4kg
  • 4kg 3% restrictor
  • 6kg 3%
  • 8kg 3%
  • 8kg 6%
  • 10kg 6%
  • 12kg 6%
  • 12kg 9%
  • etc.
So for the next one the mercer has 6 points for the 1, 2, 3 finish. - Which outs them at 8kg 6%.

Every six races the total points are halved.

Last edited:
Good race in great cars on an excellent track. Not much action for me other than being chased by Fulvio for a while when he was in chill mode I suppose while I was riding at the limit. Too bad there weren't more people there. These cars are great, hopefully again soon.

Oh and by the way. Has the 50 minute race turned into a 60 minute race? I had to change my fuel strategy in a panic, which I never do during the race and therefore am totally untrained in it. Luckily it worked.

Great event! :thumbsup:
i was also riding this thing hard my problem i went in with 0 practice after a 45min race 15Q 15P on sgp with Lmp1-lemans . so i made a quickly change just on the aereo went trought the entire qualy process in testing , first half my pace in some laps i was slower but then i learned the braking and the lines just when i start that you started to slow down your pace helping me alot :'D . in the 2nd half i made a huge mistake probably on gas releasing or a weird bump otherwise i dont get how since in that part of the track i was having understeer alot and the car suddenly went in oversteer hitting the wall and losing the position head down for a couple of laps when i was behind you was really hard luckly i was able to pass you on the straight right before your only weak point the chicane so i made a quickly fast gap . in the end good car definitely i need to do more adjustments but fun to race with those big ass bimmers i was having trouble seeing ahead

I sort of dropped out given that I didn't have the pace to keep up with anyone and after a few minutes was already a straggler. After 25 minutes couldn't even see anyone coming up on the timing screen and just wanted to make setup changes so off I went to do something more productive. The cars are a hoot though! I do love racing in them!

Ye the smallest grid of the year unfortunately.
Hopefully these car build a following because they are great to drive. Easy to drive until you start pushing beyond your control of them, but even still you can recover mistakes.

The merc is very forgiving on kerbs, at least around here. I think this is the hardest thing to get right with making cars in AC. Kunos do it with a few but the majority of GT cars in AC are a real pig on the kerbs. As you can see in Roberts reddit vid the suspension and dampers of a modern GT car are an amazing bit of kit and can really hammer across the bus stop.
You can see it in motec too, the suspension dampers histograms look like real life examples.

Last edited:
@Bob Luneski Heres a basic list of the apps I use when racing, not necessarily all at once, but some for practice/quali/race etc.

If you have any questions about any of these, don't hesitate to ask, or check youtube. Many have tutorials for installation and use, and many of us here have probably had the same "issue" you might come across :)

Crew Chief - your spotter, your friend, your biggest critic :roflmao:
Helicorsa - shows where cars are around you like radar, I use this instead of the kunos car radar app
Sidekick - an all in one speedo & dash. Shows delta, tirewear, timing and much more

CBV Fuel Calculator - fuel calculator
ProTyres - I use this instead of the kunos tire app, tire wear, pressure
Camber Extravaganza - shows you how "correct" your camber is midturn - I don't use this during the race

SimHub - sends data to a second screen, timing, maps, etc, very customizable
Substanding Extended - I use this instead of the kunos leaderboard (I think the kunos app is toggled on/off with f9) Also comes with overall & class position apps
Track Map Display Extended - sometimes I use this in place of the kunos map app (usually for Sunday multiclass races), otherwise I use kunos map app mostly

Sol - Make your game look pretty

Lastly, I use also use the FFB option & viewing settings for tweaking controls per car that are default kunos apps along with the performance delta (Kunos app) and the virual mirror (think f11 toggles that) - Keyboard shortcut guide for AC

Think thats it, but again, ask any questions you have. Don't feel like you need all of these (most of us probably use the first three apps), but I'm on a single screen and like info, so this is my collection :coffee: Here's how it looks usually in a race. Some overlap with info, but I like to be able to glance quickly and see what I need

Screenshot 2023-06-25 232507.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could have participated but it is just too hot in my sim room.. it was 33 degrees celsius yesterday and it was a sauna even without switching the pc on, let alone race in VR. I need to find a solution because it has been quite impossible for me to race the last weeks.

Too bad as my pace looked quite good. My best practice time was not on qualy fuel.

Hope to get it sorted and race again soon.

Wish I could have participated but it is just too hot in my sim room.. it was 33 degrees celsius yesterday and it was a sauna even without switching the pc on, let alone race in VR. I need to find a solution because it has been quite impossible for me to race the last weeks.

Too bad as my pace looked quite good. My best practice time was not on qualy fuel.

Hope to get it sorted and race again soon.

Understandable Laurent. Only 16C here in Ireland lucky enough! I'd say many are in the same boat further east. I might do 2 x 20 races next week.

I have one these fans for the heat waves.. They shift alot of air! Saved me for the le mans 2 hour!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 414 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 283 47.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back