AC RSS FIA GT @ VIR - Sunday 22nd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Please sign me in, unfortunately track does download with 20kb/s and then even fails to download at all. Hope to download it until race:).....
No training possible yet so I will take 575.

Rasmus typing..:confused:

8F83984C-00A1-4F00-B4D7-772A2BB921C5.gif

In response to you
756D0051-B704-4D45-904C-25B44B6B229B.gif

Ha Ha , did not realise you could do 0% diff, makes me wonder if unknowingly I put the S7 diff at 0%, I certainly wizzed through the setup to all the other cars , until it dawned on me I don’t like any of them.

To be continued

Yes! that is a problem for me, my foot does not understand part throttle and as you say it would be great if I could program a pedal to help, I actually have to consciously move my foot in the vain attempt to get a smother transition. By the time I have faffed around with that, loosing time.
I end up with a simpler approach and go for a lump of oversteer and deal with it.

Next, I will try your setup when I get home, posting my response.

Last edited:
Rasmus typing..:confused:

View attachment 633338

In response to you
View attachment 633341

Ha Ha , did not realise you could do 0% diff, makes me wonder if unknowingly I put the S7 diff at 0%, I certainly wizzed through the setup to all the other cars , until it dawned on me I don’t like any of them.

To be continued
:roflmao::roflmao::whistling:

1674398723577.png

Rasmus, ironically your setup and mine are virtually identical.
There are some differences.
1) I use a lot more damping than you do. ( a lot )****
2) I use a lot less coast.
3) I try and stall my rear wing.
4) My car is inherently more stable and balanced.
5) The rest is a load of buts............
But your car is considerably better at dealing with this track on a lap-to-lap basis. Deals with this rotten track much much better, I had just accepted that and never thought of trying to do something about it.:confused:
But my set-up with a much lower wing than your lower wing setup, is faster, this track never, "with me driving", allows you to get what the car is capable of.
If I took the best corners and summed them up, my setup would be quick, I would have to sum 10 - 20 laps to find the best for each corner, just to make one lap.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
That is true for most of the cars I drive, but normally it is the odd tenth here and there, in this case, it is a lot of time.:(

I will be using your high downforce setup for this track, says it all really.:)

*** Probably helps with oversteer, but keeps the front better planted, and controlled on entry. It just makes the front want to grip less when you are getting on the power. when you apply power the rear grips better than the front, so oversteer is directly related to the rear, rather than the front helping the rear to let go.

Very wary of brake balance being too far to the rear, in theory, it is all great in practice, but for me, there is always that one corner that just makes that entry, where you hang on to the brakes a fraction too long, and the backs gone. So I find the perfect balance ( for me ) then add one or two clicks for the race.

You know better than I do the problems with AC and setup parameters, plus you are always improving at a circuit, then it just masks the setups.
So I just did three laps with your setup, then three laps with mine.

That is why I am using your setup.

Last edited:
Rasmus, I don't think we're supposed to share lap typing times on the forum ;):p:roflmao:

That said, I wouldn't get too comfortable up there in P(aragraph) 1. What I lack in spelling and accuracy, I make up for in raw pace :cool:. Completely opposite of my racing style :roflmao:

1) I use a lot more damping than you do. ( a lot )****
Yeah I had a look in the "car engineer" app and the damping ratios are pretty low at 0.7-0.8.
But higher damping made my car jump around and I lost control :(
It felt more planted though.. When not jumping off, lol
2) I use a lot less coast.
Interesting! I think I could get away with a bit lower coast but for my qualy setup, I decided to make the rear arb 1 click stiffer and lower the brake bias to 64 and only put it to 67 for the tight righthander after the roller-coaster.
Always lost the rear over the crest at the end of the braking zone!

AC is ultra sensitive to trailbraking.
The moment of turn in vs lifting the brakes decides over spinning vs understeering and it's barely visible even in Motec!

I'm slightly oversteering from turn in to apex. Lowering the coast would have me sliding and spinning!
3) I try and stall my rear wing.
Yeah.. I didn't get into that yet and I doubt that's a good idea at this sketchy track :roflmao:
But your car is considerably better at dealing with this track on a lap-to-lap basis. Deals with this rotten track much much better
And yes, this track is a real challenge! It's like the last sector of the Nordschleife...
If I took the best corners and summed them up, my setup would be quick, I would have to sum 10 - 20 laps to find the best for each corner, just to make one lap.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Haha me too! I had quite a lot quicker micro-sectors with the low aero setup but couldn't get it together and spun when pushing..
I will be using your high downforce setup for this track, says it all really.:)
:inlove::inlove:
Can't wait for you to beat me with my own setup :D
did some lap to test the car and the S part is terrible atleast on lambo i dont know in the other cars
Yep, it's called roller-coaster for a reason :p

All right yall, did a lot more practice then last week so hopefully I'm not a hazard this time. Still gonna be slower than most of yall (I'm only doing 1:47's) so I'll do my best to stay out of everyone's way. Have fun :D

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 50 54.9%