AC RSS FIA GT @ VIR - Sunday 22nd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ah okay, I didn't know the reasons for it! Offline, I always use the "mid clear" weather with just a few clouds.
If clouds are an issue for VR or Ernie, I think I could just delete the clear weather folder and copy+rename something with clouds. :D

They have no influence to the physics or anything, unlike in ACC where they change the temperatures quite drastically.

I thought it might be due to the new server manager. "Weather isn't important, default is fine, no time to find out how to change it. Rather link specific skins to drivers" :p

It has a nice weather panel so you can set the weather/temps to change during sessions etc. Vanilla AC server manager it's static for the session.

It's not much time/hassle, I used to mess about with weather/time of day, people moaned, here we are :)

Last edited:
Did a few more laps, tested a "low aero" setup with the Lister.
Got 1 second faster and a lot faster on the straights.
But it also felt a bit too unstable overall... Just really low grip!

I then loaded my "high aero" setup again from the first practice session and got another second faster :cautious::roflmao:

High aero it is... I'll probably get overtaken on the straights but maybe I'll be able to do the overtakes in the braking zones or tighter parts and pull far enough away at corner exit.
Delta only started to get worse for the last third of the long straights :p

After helping out in the Wednesday Thread, I also tried the "weather swap". Worked like a charm! I'd like it to be that easy in reality too :D

Server:
Weather_Swap.jpg

Edit:
The "skidmarks FX" saving feature is awesome too!!
Look at this after joining the server:
CSP_SkidMarkSavingSetting.jpg

CSP_SkidMarkSaving.jpg

Last edited:
I need to try out that saving skid marks option. Don't know why I haven't been saving them. The track always looks so real by the end of the race :)

Also, I saw @Dzul Raul's post about chatGPT with sim racing, and it would seem the AI would agree with you rasmus that a high down force set up is faster for VIR :roflmao: Though I as a human have also noticed, any time I save on straights with a low wing, is usually lost in the turns. Name of the game seems to be how fast you can get the throttle down without dying :laugh:

I need to try out that saving skid marks option. Don't know why I haven't been saving them. The track always looks so real by the end of the race :)

Also, I saw @Dzul Raul's post about chatGPT with sim racing, and it would seem the AI would agree with you rasmus that a high down force set up is faster for VIR :roflmao: Though I as a human have also noticed, any time I save on straights with a low wing, is usually lost in the turns. Name of the game seems to be how fast you can get the throttle down without dying :laugh:
seriously, I can almost match my driving instructor through the mid corner, but on exit he's always blowing me out of the water. (He does 1:44's in the 550 GTS, he's also a lot better than me on the brakes)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.