AC RSS FIA GT @ VIR - Sunday 22nd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Did 13 laps of practice and since the delta was 1s slower than the lap before, I thought I'd check out the pitlane.
"Sadly" I forgot about sitting on the right so.... yeah :roflmao:
Got thrown into the armco left of the photo and was stuck. What an end to the only practice session before qualy :D
The track marshal didn't even blink! Shoot straight towards him with 220 kph :geek:

Screenshot_rss_gt_tornado_v12_vir_18-1-123-0-27-7.jpg

What's the name of the practice room? I searched racedepartment and VIR, but the practice room didn't show up for either of them.

What's the name of the practice room? I searched racedepartment and VIR, but the practice room didn't show up for either of them.

If you search 'racedepartment' with all the filters off and the server cache option un-checked it should show up... If not restart content manager or the game.

Maybe someone can confirm it's running?!

If youre in content manager and you don't see the server but see the other race department serves, try toggling some of the filters for servers. Idk why but turning "show servers with missing content" on and off usually does the trick for me if the server isn't showing.

I just tried logging into the server and when I join I'm getting a message saying "checksum failed, you are being kicked from the server". What does that mean and how do I fix it please?

@Interslice could we get a few clouds on the servers? This hazy, empty sky is giving me depressions :roflmao:

Also, but not really important if there would be some clouds in the sky and only VIR specific:
The practice server time is probably identical to the race start time? Otherwise a few shadows would be sweet too. VIR has nothing close to the tarmac so it's extremely "flat" at 2 pm imo. 10am or 4pm might look nice, but I didn't test anything :whistling:

I just tried logging into the server and when I join I'm getting a message saying "checksum failed, you are being kicked from the server". What does that mean and how do I fix it please?
A checksum is a check that creates a hash of the installed files, in this case the skins and RSS cars and the track and matches that up to what is installed on the server. If it the content isn't the same the hash will be different and it will throw a checksum error.

TLDR: make sure you've installed the correct versions and that the files are working :)

Read the opening post again and make sure the real name package is installed correctly.
Required extra content

To join the server you will need to copy replace the 'data.acd' files on your PC with those in the real names link below as discussed here and here

Real names update - Install extracted rss_gt_data_real_names_v6 to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars

A checksum is a check that creates a hash of the installed files, in this case the skins and RSS cars and the track and matches that up to what is installed on the server. If it the content isn't the same the hash will be different and it will throw a checksum error.

TLDR: make sure you've installed the correct versions and that the files are working :)
I'm not sure about the skins.. Either you need to have at least the skin names that the server is using or you'd just see a white car.
The checksum, afaik, only checks the data.acd of the cars (which gets changed by the real name package)

For tracks, it checks the surfaces.ini, which contains stuff like
"kerb 17: type = kerb, grip = 0.95, friction = 1.5, isTrack = 0"
And another file that I can't remember.. A very small one in any case!
So funnily enough you can join a server with a different version of the track if these 2 files are identical and you'll see other cars driving inside the floor and other crazy stuff, since
everything runs locally at the clients, while the server only updates the reported coordinates to all other clients.
Rarely happens though, since one of the files usually changes with each update.
But with non-RD mod-tracks, I've seen some crazy stuff!

That can be the password
This just gives an error during loading, no checksum error.
But for me, the error message is always in the background and the loading screen just gets stuck.
Quite messy...

Hi Abby. See required extra content in first post. Any questions about it just shout.

Edit. Just seen rasmus' post above

Last edited:
@Interslice could we get a few clouds on the servers? This hazy, empty sky is giving me depressions :roflmao:

Also, but not really important if there would be some clouds in the sky and only VIR specific:
The practice server time is probably identical to the race start time? Otherwise a few shadows would be sweet too. VIR has nothing close to the tarmac so it's extremely "flat" at 2 pm imo. 10am or 4pm might look nice, but I didn't test anything :whistling:

Controversial. I will have to check with the VR drivers union ;) @Kek700 also has a fear of clouds :p

I'll have a look tonight. Clouds and shadows can have some weird effects at low settings.

Controversial. I will have to check with the VR drivers union ;) @Kek700 also has a fear of clouds :p

I'll have a look tonight. Clouds and shadows can have some weird effects at low settings.
Ah okay, I didn't know the reasons for it! Offline, I always use the "mid clear" weather with just a few clouds.
If clouds are an issue for VR or Ernie, I think I could just delete the clear weather folder and copy+rename something with clouds. :D

They have no influence to the physics or anything, unlike in ACC where they change the temperatures quite drastically.

I thought it might be due to the new server manager. "Weather isn't important, default is fine, no time to find out how to change it. Rather link specific skins to drivers" :p

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea