AC RSS FIA GT @ VIR - Sunday 22nd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@BoBaHK Did you do the "real car name" mod? Might be why you're getting a checksum. Link on the first page, and some instructions if you need in this thread too

Nevermind, see you got in

Last edited:
Got tagged in lap one, which happens, and I was able to get back on track, but then while getting myself back going I spun slowly and managed to find a hole in the track at the tire barriers before the last straight :(. Had to return to pits. Took a few more laps, then hit the same spot :rolleyes: having to go back to the pits again. Not usually one to leave early, but surprisingly, this wasn't my first race this week where I fell through the track :roflmao: So it just didn't seem like my week. One a good note, I think I'm starting to get a bit of handle on the viper :)

Hope you all had good races and survived! Looking forward to the upcoming championship with these cars :thumbsup:

Last edited:
F1 Reg app kicked me out at the race start :cry: with restart and led to checksum errors, so it took me few minutes trying to figure out how to disable it (it alters track data). And then I struggled with refueling settings and ran out of fuel at the very last corner on the last lap. Oh well, at least I wasn't playing a lawnmover simulator as much as I thought I would. Task for next time - check setup and fuel in advance and disable (great, but annouing) F1 Reg app. And sorry for holding a lot of people back - hope I gave space to most of you at blue flag (I believe someon in the red Saleen went offtrack behind me - sorry if I didn't give space, I tried)

How I managed that I will never know, I hate the track, not much good to say about these cars.

But all that aside, for some bizarre reason all went much better than I could have ever hoped for, probably a lot of luck.:O_o: on second thoughts, a lot of luck.:D:D:D

Could do little about the people ahead, could do little about a flying Richard, great race Richard, noticed the off, so pleased you got back on before I turned up, or I would have most certainly had you giving me grief that I would have been better off without.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

A special well done to Rasmus, well deserved, no luck there.:):):):)
A well done to all that finished this race and podiums too.
A well done to all I came across, all were very careful with coming back on the circuit

I think I was third after turn 1, third from last after turn 2. I would be interested to know how the race would have gone had it not been for the incidents on lap 1 as I believe I was the only one on hard tyres.

Things like that just happen.

I think the track is really difficult. I'm curious how the races on the "normal" tracks will be.

Great event as always! :thumbsup:

Fulvio dodged that like neo in the matrix, meanwhile I'm the wall behind him taking all the hits :roflmao::roflmao:

No problem with the accident, easy to get caught out there, even with the best abs brakes which we didn't have :p Just sounds like Ernie used up all my good luck today :p

Congrats rasmus! This is a fast bunch to come out on top against :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Holy f*ckeroly! My first Sunday Win!!! After 5 years! :confused::geek::barefoot::barefoot::cool:

And what a race that was.. P4 in qualy, really good start into P3 on the inside but then the ice cold mediums caught me off guard!
Reik saw me in the mirrors and opened up but it just wasn't enough and I slightly tapped him on the rear.
Deadly in AC, as we all know...
1674427662610.png
1674427687782.png
1674427719907.png
Luckily he managed to slow down his rotation and no one was pressuring us from behind so I decided to try and hit him at the front too to get him straight again.
Worked like a charm and we continued.

I then made a move for P2 against Rob. Sadly he went a bit wide at T1 so it was me and Reik at the front.

The next 25 minutes were pretty easy. I simply followed Reik around and around. Every time he got a bit too far away to use him as my "pace car", he made a little mistake and I was close to him again :p

Sadly he had a spin in the last corner so I had to remember the track without someone in front :barefoot::roflmao:
1674427748976.png

I did quite well and got a tiny hope for my first Sunday win!
When the pitstop got close, I checked my acrl fuel app and noticed I'd only need to put hin exactly 20L instead of 30L.

I went into the pits, came to a perfect halt, held my clutch, stayed in 1st.
Everything seemed to be wonderful...
UNTIL MY TYRES WEREN'T GETTING CHANGED!

Somehow I must've wobbled onto the tyre change line when reducing the fuel :(

So out of the pits with 20L more, cold fronts at 40% health according to sidekick...
I checked the realtime on every straight for 2 laps while losing 2 seconds due to the cold, worn tyres.
After the tyres were back up to race temps, my lap times seemed to be quite okay!

So I then decided I'd try to keep P3 behind Reik and Fulvio with shredded tyres instead of dropping into P6 while getting fresh tyres.

That was one of the most frustrating situations in my 5 years of racing online!
The next 20 minutes weren't great, but I managed to be pretty consistent without real mistakes :D

Reik and Fulvio were slowly getting closer and closer but when only 10 minutes were left, I got my hopes up for taking the win! :confused::confused::confused:

With 3 laps to go, my rear tyres were at 0% in Sidekick and only a few pixels left in the AC tyre app...
I actually feared for exploding tyres. Yes, that's in the AC code but I've never seen it! :roflmao:

Anyway, I somehow managed to hang on while Fulvio got bigger and bigger in my mirrors.
My heart rate during the last laps was increasing quite a lot and had a big spike when almost losing the rear at the apex of T1! :confused::geek:

1674428032719.png

Nice drift, I guess :roflmao::roflmao:

We also had the creator of the awesome VIR Facelift mod in front of us @BoBaHK and I feared having to pass him on my absolutely dead tyres with Fulvio lurking for any chance to try an overtake.
We entered the final braking zone and Volodymyr was far enough in front to end the race behind him but for some reason he decided the apex of the very last bend would be the perfect spot to lift and letting us through
he ran out of fuel!! :barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:

1674427855951.png

I just went full f*ck-it-mode and kept my foot planted, opened the steering a little and hoped for the best.
I luckily didn't hit him and Fulvio, although closing the gap crazily fast, couldn't get side by side before the line.
He would've snacked me in T1, 100%!
1674428109913.png

So yeah, race was over, I was shaking, breathing, realizing!

Here are my tyres after coming to a halt:
VIR_Win_DeadTyres.jpg

I did my first wins in the Ligier Championship last year but that was rather "just for fun".
However today the competition was real! Reik, Ernie, Thomas, Richard, Laurent!

Was it a bit lucky? Yep, absolutely! Was it a bit unlucky with the not-tyre change? Yep! :roflmao:

Ofc I wouldn't have had any chance if Fulvio would have done a qualy lap. But I'll take it! :)

Thanks to everyone for coming together for these events. It's really great having this in my life!
All kinds of emotions, learning to handle frustration and getting back into focus-mode anyway, keep driving after a spin, holding out for the mistakes of others, learning, getting better etc etc.
And all this while having a blast with some awesome cars and tracks, feeling like a race driver :)

Sad to see that @Interslice Brian was missing this one though. I hope everything is okay! :inlove:

Last edited:
And then I struggled with refueling settings and ran out of fuel at the very last corner on the last lap.
Oh that explains why you were getting so slow in the last corner! Dang! :confused:

Thanks again for your "facelift"! Made the half an hour without anyone in front a lot more enjoyable! :)

Btw could someone upload his results to simresults? Mine didn't save... No idea what it is, but half of longer online races end with "race cancelled" after quitting the server.

Would be nice to have the results of my first win :unsure::inlove:

Here's my heartrate :p
Start at the left, last 10 minutes at the right before dropping off after the finish :D
1674429831093.jpeg

Last edited:
I am as chuffed as you, about your win Rasmus.

View attachment 633468
Hehe thanks Ernie!
Towards the end I noticed my mind slipping a few times and every single damn time I either touched the grass, hit a kerb the wrong way, almost spun on throttle or locked up.
These cars are crazy!!
(But I love them :redface:)

I mean listen to THIS!

I've found some BACC NFS like camera mod for CSP and activated cam movements + CSP motion blur :D

Last edited:
Sad to see that @Interslice Brian was missing this one though. I hope everything is okay! :inlove:

Congrats Rasmus! Well done on the win. Race report is great too! :D

Sorry for the no show folks. There was a power cut here at 20:10 :( I was hoping it would come back before qualy or even just the race but no luck there!
The power here is on the same grid as the only mobile data mast so I couldn't even put a message on discord or the forum last night!

See you guys for the next one!

I was raging a bit for the T1 incident. I saw Reik had to go wide for apparently Rasmus' Lister going down the inside too hot. I moved to the outside and got hit from behind as well sending me to the back of the grid. I mean come on, it is a 60 minutes race! You don't win a race in T1.. really frustrating. I wanted to see if I could win from Reik with my low down force setup this time. So a lot of carnage in T1 from 2 cars braking too late, a few corners up ahead it was carnage again.. and then on the back straight I got in front of a car but then braked too late and had to evade hitting Fulvio through the grass but I was a passenger at that point and I collected a few cars myself in the chicane. Sorry for that! I just didn't feel like racing anymore and just quit. Quite sad as I love these cars and track but T1 incidents really get me quite down.. After that I carry some frustration getting through the field again and I am a bit too aggressive. I need to work on that. I hope the racing gets cleaner at least!

Last edited:
Not my best race by far. Got off to a bad start by having to start from the pits with a 6 second penalty. My fault i know but it then unravels into a series of mistakes trying to rectify the first one. Never mind, some people had it worse. First thing i see is Robert trying to burrow under the road looking like the Titanic going down. I then discover much later that everyone behind me is a few laps down so yeh, it was a tuff race for a lot of drivers. I thought from the getgo that the track feels to small and tight for the car and that is how i found it personally. On the bright side, our young lady driver Abby has got some pace when she keeps it all together and will definitely be a star in the making and of course Rasmus. What a drive, very pleased for you buddy winning what must be one of the trickiest races we are likely to face for a long while and well done to everyone who finished....and those that just could not take it any more and quit with frustration :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 428 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 286 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 194 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 328 12.8%