AC RSS FIA GT @ VIR - Sunday 22nd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I don't normally quit in frustration but after being knocked off three times in as many corners I couldn't be bothered to carry on. Looking at the replay, two were just being caught up in other people's spins and the last one ping related. Maybe I should have just carried on as it's what I usually do. Anyway, I had a blast around Fonteny in the Porknose to cheer myself up :)

I too think these cars were a bit lively for the track - but it's the same for everyone. So, congrats to Rasmus on his first Sunday win :)

Congrats Rasmus! Well done on the win. Race report is great too! :D

Sorry for the no show folks. There was a power cut here at 20:10 :( I was hoping it would come back before qualy or even just the race but no luck there!
The power here is on the same grid as the only mobile data mast so I couldn't even put a message on discord or the forum last night!

See you guys for the next one!
Glad everything/everyone is okay :)
And thank you :D
Union island?
Pacific Coast :)
The dynamic fov of the csp chase cam script extension is insane. You get such a speed-rush :geek:
I saw Reik had to go wide for apparently Rasmus' Lister going down the inside too hot. I moved to the outside and got hit from behind as well sending me to the back of the grid. I mean come on, it is a 60 minutes race! You don't win a race in T1.. really frustrating. I wanted to see if I could win from Reik with my low down force setup this time.
Crap :( sorry to hear that!
The irony is that I'm usually a very early braker for T1 but after putting myself quite closely in front of you, I didn't want to brake check everyone behind me and ended up braking too late :x3:

But yeah, you have to be extremely careful with these cars and in AC in general.
And this track is super difficult...

:)I don't normally quit in frustration but after being knocked off three times in as many corners I couldn't be bothered to carry on. Looking at the replay, two were just being caught up in other people's spins and the last one ping related. Maybe I should have just carried on as it's what I usually do. Anyway, I had a blast around Fonteny in the Porknose to cheer myself up :)

I too think these cars were a bit lively for the track - but it's the same for everyone. So, congrats to Rasmus on his first Sunday win :)
I agree Colin, this track was very difficult, I had to concentrate for every second of this race. Just lucky with the situation you got into. I actually hit someone mid ships and the just carried on, Virtually unaffected. It was only my lack of willingness to get involved in the first corner that saved me .
If it was not for Rasmus setup I could never have survived 35 laps.
These cars really need fast flowing circuits, Le - man’s is a good example.
It is only the aliens who can easily cope with them, the further you are away from that, the more difficult.
With these sort of cars I just do not have the skill set to get involved in any sort of micro position fighting. The Abarth, I will, obviously the Mazda too.
:)

It is posted in this forum somewhere, he beat me to it again.:confused:

Just one bit of observation, it has been said a few time in this forum thread.
I am very lucky, I really don’t want to win, for some bizarre reason, it is never in my mind prior to and in a race.

If it happens, I am pleased for myself, that is about as good as it gets for me.
:roflmao::roflmao:

I roll up to T1 , first corner, start of race, try and take the braking into account, with the sole aim of appearing out of T1. With me and everyone else in tact.
But the person behind thinks , silly sod has left a gaping hole for me to dart through, the person behind him thinks, I’ll do the same. End result, carnage.:confused:

As far as I am concerned, those in front have earned that position, I am only interested in the next lap, to see how he is going compared to me. That means, tuck in and hold on, or plan an overtake.

Now I don’t for one moment expect a racer or anyone to ever do that, the psychological motivation is just too high.
I am just putting it out to make others aware of what my motivation is, next time maybe someone will see what I am trying to achieve.

The irony is that when they see me and the driver behind doing that, the person behind will say, look at those two silly sods, they both have left a gapping great hole for me to dive through…:unsure:

At the cafe, egg beans and chips with a coffee.
Life does not get any better.

Last edited:
Great, now I'm hungry while waiting for a results file/simresults link :roflmao:

If anyone happens to not have started the replay or any other session yet:
In documents/Assetto Corsa/out

You'll find a
race_out.json
file.

If you could upload it here, I'd be very thankful :)
Not sure if json files are allowed. In that case just rename it to .ini

Last edited:
Congratulations Rasmus on the first Sunday win. Hard work pays off!

For me a pretty dull but satisfying race.

My setup was stable but not fast. After the first lap kerfuffle's I managed to stay on track (except a few wide turns) and finished a respectable 7th. Not bad for such a difficult track.

Thanks for hosting Brian well done to all the finishers.

Weird the results show I started in 6th position, when in fact I was I think 12th. Some quailfiers did not get recognized......

Yeah, it missed my qualifying times too. I think I was 6th or 7th.

I had to come in and out of AC a few times, hence no qualifying.:):)
:p

If someone else has his race_out.json or the results here:
1674577908668.png

I'd be happy to have the full qualy and starting grid correctly!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%