AC RSS FIA GT @ Imola - BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Any chance you can share those set-ups with me? I'm kind of a hack at setting up cars...
To make these cars a bit easier for people who have difficulties controlling 700 HP and 300 kph without TC or ABS (like most of us, lol):
Lower the accel. differential and raise the coast diff.

If during acceleration one wheel starts spinning, the accel. diff decides if that single wheel will spin while the other rear wheel still has grip or if you won't feel the wheel spin until BOTH rear wheels start spinning (and then it's too late).

0%-10% is a good value for the accel. diff! Higher values are faster since you can push the throttle to the edge of both wheels spinning but I honestly can't control this at all...

Coast diff is a bit tricky though. Raising this value will make the car a lot more stable under braking but it might become too stable when just rolling. If you have too much understeer between braking and going back on the throttle:
lower the coast diff!

If you then have difficulties during braking, put the brake bias forward!
Brake bias makes a huuuge difference for the stability under braking!

My setup changes for most of the cars:
- front tyres +1 PSI
- accel./power diff to 5-10%
- brake bias +3 to +8% from default
- adjust coast diff until you don't start to slide while lifting the brakes but also don't have corner entry understeer (within 10% +/- for each car)
- lower front ARB 1 click
- lower rearwing 0-2 clicks

And that was it :)

To make these cars a bit easier for people who have difficulties controlling 700 HP and 300 kph without TC or ABS (like most of us, lol):
Lower the accel. differential and raise the coast diff.

If during acceleration one wheel starts spinning, the accel. diff decides if that single wheel will spin while the other rear wheel still has grip or if you won't feel the wheel spin until BOTH rear wheels start spinning (and then it's too late).

0%-10% is a good value for the accel. diff! Higher values are faster since you can push the throttle to the edge of both wheels spinning but I honestly can't control this at all...

Coast diff is a bit tricky though. Raising this value will make the car a lot more stable under braking but it might become too stable when just rolling. If you have too much understeer between braking and going back on the throttle:
lower the coast diff!

If you then have difficulties during braking, put the brake bias forward!
Brake bias makes a huuuge difference for the stability under braking!

My setup changes for most of the cars:
- front tyres +1 PSI
- accel./power diff to 5-10%
- brake bias +3 to +8% from default
- adjust coast diff until you don't start to slide while lifting the brakes but also don't have corner entry understeer (within 10% +/- for each car)
- lower front ARB 1 click
- lower rearwing 0-2 clicks

And that was it :)
this is super helpful. yes, the main problem i was having was losing traction all over the place, especially coming out of turns, which would send me into an immediate spin. takes the fun out of trying to get around the track. the set ups christian shared helped immensely. right out of the gate the cars were easier to control. the key must be in the accel diff and coast diff.
thanks!

the set ups christian shared helped immensely. right out of the gate the cars were easier to control. the key must be in the accel diff and coast diff.
Had a little laugh about this :p
Comparing default to Christian's Saleen setup:
- diffs not changed at all
- suspension not really changed either
- rear wing slightly raised
- front toe changed
- gearing slightly adjusted
- ride height changed
- SOFTS instead of mediums :D

Last edited:
The brakes were the problem for me, getting bias and brf settings right were a little fussy. I just completely tore those V3's down and gave them a new years refresh too.
I'm in the middle of putting them back together until the tierdown event tomorrow.
Did some drawing and decided to make good use of the Prusa 3D printer I have at my room for a few weeks.
Going from this:
1672707865370.png

To this:
1672707906386.png

I've measured all parts multiple times and it didn't make sense... But then I figured that the outer metal parts are screwed against the bars so tolerances aren't clear to the eye within a few mm.
Got the 2x 4.1mm spacers and 61.7mm spacers laying around and cleaned everything before taking apart.

Let's see how it works out tomorrow :D

The server is locked to mediums, so even if the setup is set to softs it will just take the pressures and fit mediums.

New BOP is up and all the times are reset.

• Lister Storm GT (10kg/0%)
  • Dodge Viper GTS-R (0kg/0%)
  • Ferrari Maranello GTS 550 (20kg/50%)
  • Lambo Murcielago R-GT (0kg/5%)
  • Saleen S7R (15kg/25%)
  • Ferrari Maranello 575 GTC (0kg/5%)

I'm in the middle of putting them back together until the tierdown event tomorrow.
Did some drawing and decided to make good use of the Prusa 3D printer I have at my room for a few weeks.
Going from this:
View attachment 627953

To this:
View attachment 627954

I've measured all parts multiple times and it didn't make sense... But then I figured that the outer metal parts are screwed against the bars so tolerances aren't clear to the eye within a few mm.
Got the 2x 4.1mm spacers and 61.7mm spacers laying around and cleaned everything before taking apart.

Let's see how it works out tomorrow :D
Nice...got those calipers out!

Had a little laugh about this :p
Comparing default to Christian's Saleen setup:
- diffs not changed at all
- suspension not really changed either
- rear wing slightly raised
- front toe changed
- gearing slightly adjusted
- ride height changed
- SOFTS instead of mediums :D
ahhh got me on that one... ;-] must have been a psychological boost or placebo effect from using another setup. i didn't even compare. ok, must have been the gearing then... :geek:

Nope, they weren't. But it's the only thing explaining the clearly felt difference between the setups.
Maybe Dominic tried them offline?
there was definitely a difference, i tried them online and offline. as i mentioned above, must have been the gearing since the rear wheels didn't seem to break loose accelerating out of turns as much. also, i was probably getting used to driving those cars.

hey, installed the real names packed, checked all my files and made sure they installed correctly. I'm still getting checksum issue though. What else do I try? I have tried everything in the post and on RSS page to fix this, but nothings working.

hey, installed the real names packed, checked all my files and made sure they installed correctly. I'm still getting checksum issue though. What else do I try? I have tried everything in the post and on RSS page to fix this, but nothings working.

The server is saying it's a checksum error with the car data.acd files.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back