AC RSS FIA GT @ Imola - BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I thought I'd see what times AI could do with all the cars and then see how the various BOP settings affected the times. AI has a bad reputation in AC but at least it's consistent.

I saved each cars setup off the server and loaded this up when running in hotlap mode. I also set the track conditions as on the server. By the magic of Ctrl+C I let AI run the car for a few laps until the time stabilised. BOP was added to the two cars with the values used on the BOP server.

bop-testing.jpg

The results do show that the Shadow and Ferruccio 55 are quicker but it's the 55 that is by far quickest.

The BOP values do seem a bit high if we are aiming for a AI average time of about 1:42.4, The Shadow just needs a small BOP and the 55 needs the BOP reducing quite a bit - assuming you hold any value in what AI can do.

The slowest car was the Vortex at just under 1:43. You could aim for an AI target time of 1:43 and tweak all the cars with the BOP required to hit this time.

I thought I'd see what times AI could do with all the cars and then see how the various BOP settings affected the times. AI has a bad reputation in AC but at least it's consistent.

I saved each cars setup off the server and loaded this up when running in hotlap mode. I also set the track conditions as on the server. By the magic of Ctrl+C I let AI run the car for a few laps until the time stabilised. BOP was added to the two cars with the values used on the BOP server.

View attachment 626929

The results do show that the Shadow and Ferruccio 55 are quicker but it's the 55 that is by far quickest.

The BOP values do seem a bit high if we are aiming for a AI average time of about 1:42.4, The Shadow just needs a small BOP and the 55 needs the BOP reducing quite a bit - assuming you hold any value in what AI can do.

The slowest car was the Vortex at just under 1:43. You could aim for an AI target time of 1:43 and tweak all the cars with the BOP required to hit this time.

I actually made a run with them with AI back in the summer to see how it looked. Made a BOP and all. Will dig it out later!

I had a play with weight OR restrictor BOT in order to level them up with the Vortex lap time of around 1:43.

bop-testing-recommended.jpg

You'll have to do the maths if you wanted a mixture of the two.

Would be interesting to have a server configured with these BOTs to see how they compare with humanoids and aliens

If you can rely on the AI testing then it's a simpler and quicker way of setting up BOTs

1. Once you have the files (original cars), install them as usual
  2. Download the real names pack (above).
  3. Then unpack/open the one highlighted in my screenshot above "Data_real_names".
  4. All you need to do then is drag the new data files from there into the corresponding car folders and overwrite whats there.

The "default" folder in the group has the data files to return the cars to their original state if needed. You might have what you need already and just need to apply the "data real names". Worth a try at least if you'll be getting the originals again from RSS either way.
I was having the same checksum error when trying to access server, but followed your steps above and worked like a charm! Thanks!

those cars are fun to drive, for sure. however, they are a handful..! i was struggling big time just to keep them on the track and put in a decent lap time. 'decent' is relative of course. i tip my hat to you guys clocking laps in the low 1:40s...

the Ferraris and Lambo were a bit easier to drive, but the viper and saleen were a spin out onto the grass waiting to happen. at least for me... i'll have to take another crack at it when i get a chance.

cheers!

Saleen S7R: Non Bop. After a few setup tweaks becomes really easy to drive has a clear top speed advantage over other cars.
1672511760259.png

Lister: Easiest to drive so far, definitely can do 41s with more seat time and perhaps some tweaks.
1672511896902.png

Lamborghini RGT: best sound by a country mile, and my favorite. Not easy to drive, super stiff and very nervous on kerbs, but setup work can make it handle a bit better. Can also dip into 41s. Spent the most time with this one.
1672511987861.png

550 BOP: Easy to drive, spent some time with it and AC for the first time. I can probably take this time down quite a bit. Im not sure but I may have done this with a full tank of fuel.
1672512081139.png

Havent tried the Viper, 575 yet. Will do so soon and post results. All cars were piloted with the standard 30L of fuel.

Saleen S7R: Non Bop. After a few setup tweaks becomes really easy to drive has a clear top speed advantage over other cars.
View attachment 627334

Lister: Easiest to drive so far, definitely can do 41s with more seat time and perhaps some tweaks.
View attachment 627335

Lamborghini RGT: best sound by a country mile, and my favorite. Not easy to drive, super stiff and very nervous on kerbs, but setup work can make it handle a bit better. Can also dip into 41s. Spent the most time with this one.
View attachment 627336

550 BOP: Easy to drive, spent some time with it and AC for the first time. I can probably take this time down quite a bit. Im not sure but I may have done this with a full tank of fuel.
View attachment 627337

Havent tried the Viper, 575 yet. Will do so soon and post results. All cars were piloted with the standard 30L of fuel.
Nice. Those are pretty sweet lap times. Jeez, I gotta step it up!

Yeah, that Lamborghini does have a sweet sound, and a good feel to it. Although now that you mention it, it did seem a bit twitchy.

Any chance you can share those set-ups with me? I'm kind of a hack at setting up cars...

I know for myself, when I'm pushing it hot lapping, for every few fast laps I have, I have a spin out too. which heats the tires up a lot.

That plus the lack of abs, makes race pace in these a bit of a different animal than hot lapping.

Obviously your want some speed :) But keeping them on track and steady can help your race out a lot.

It can just take one spin out too heat your tires and lose you a couple spots while you try to get them cool again.

Last edited:
I know for myself, when I'm pushing it hot lapping, for every few fast laps I have, I have a spin out too. which heats the tires up a lot.

That plus the lack of abs, makes race pace in these a bit of a different animal than hot lapping.

Obviously your want some speed :) But keeping them on track and steady can help your race out a lot.

It can just take one spin out too heat your tires and lose you a couple spots while you try to get them cool again.
this is good advice, thank you. I'm coming to the conclusion that, rather than trying to run a hot lap every time, at the edge of control, it's better to just work instead on consistent laps. that way you can build up your confidence and knowledge of the track, steadily improving lap times... we'll see if i can stick to that strategy.... ;-\

Its easier said than done for sure, especially when people are zooming around you :), but I know personally, I've gain more spots this past year by just being on track longer than the driver in front than I have because my pace has been outright faster (I only joined this group a year ago and wasn't racing much more before that).

And like you said, that confidence you gain from consistency definitely translates to speed down the line

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back