AC RSS FIA GT @ Imola - BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Does anyone know what the correct steering angle is for these cars? I've always left angle at auto but yesterday I noticed that my wheel and the in game wheel were not in sync.
Normally you'd set both CM and the wheelbase to the highest setting the wheelbase can be set to.
AC doesn't have "soft lock" (there is one in the config files but it's absolutely horrible).
So AC syncs the virtual and real wheel and only uses the part of the rotation that's there in real life for each car.
If you turn your real wheel beyond that, the virtual wheel will stop and the ffb will become dull. Apart from crashing, I never reach the limits though...

If your wheelbase has a configurable soft lock, it makes sense to use "auto" or set both to the same value for each car manually. Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster don't have suche setting though, so the wheelbase soft locks are just as horrible as AC's ingame soft lock...

Normally you'd set both CM and the wheelbase to the highest setting the wheelbase can be set to.
AC doesn't have "soft lock" (there is one in the config files but it's absolutely horrible).
So AC syncs the virtual and real wheel and only uses the part of the rotation that's there in real life for each car.
If you turn your real wheel beyond that, the virtual wheel will stop and the ffb will become dull. Apart from crashing, I never reach the limits though...

If your wheelbase has a configurable soft lock, it makes sense to use "auto" or set both to the same value for each car manually. Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster don't have suche setting though, so the wheelbase soft locks are just as horrible as AC's ingame soft
Ok thanks. I’ll give it a whirl.

1672279128374.png

My times. I practiced until I got slower again. Then did the same with the next car.
Then took each car again and tried to beat my PB, which sometimes worked, sometimes not.

I won't become faster with any of the cars no matter how much I'd practice now.

At the end I crashed so hard the game broke, lol.
Had 99% CPU warning, 15 fps and black screen even after teleporting back to the pits.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'm doing quite the same times except I did a 1'42.7 with the Saleen on the BOP server. For me that one is still too quick, the others are quite close and comparable to your times. I've used default setup for all.
Yeah the saleen might be able to go faster but at the same time I needed 2-3x the amount of laps to get 2 good laps in.
So if I'd pick it for a race I'd definitely be slower than with some of the other cars, apart from a lucky qualy lap.

I'm in love with the Lambo btw. How can you find it the most difficult @Interslice? It's by far the easiest for me!
Maybe you're 1-2 seconds faster than me though, then it could make sense in my head hehe.

The sound is awesome, the shifts are hammering, the steering is as direct as a Kart!
Just took it for a spin around the Nordschleife and dayum, that was some adrenaline loaded ride of the lightning :D

Quite funny since the lambo GT3 in AC & ACC feels heavy and like a diva! (but it's a Huracan, not the Murcielago)

On the other hand, the Viper is my least favorite. Feels like it would weight 2x as much as the lambo, no brakes, wonky and seemingly random wheelspin on corner exits.

I managed a "good" lap time but it was way less fun than the other cars.

My times are no way near you guys. I am doing default setup with 35 ltrs at what i would consider my race pace of 45s but i cannot get the 550 near that now without pushing really hard which was not my aim and the Saleen is the same as before the bop. If i was to choose a car now it would probably be the Lister as i find it balanced, and with a good setup probably agile if feeling slightly down on pace. I have always chosen the Saleen to race in the past and would still be my natural choice but being a Brit feel duty bound to drive the home built car if i can get it started :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That is interesting, which cars are not BOP’ed.
At least I now have the incentive to have a go at getting a good setup on the none BOP’ed car??

Just Reading the above. it is only the Ferrari 55 and shadow V8 that are BOP’ed. that means the Ferrari 57 is not.

Last edited:
That is interesting, which cars are not BOP’ed.
At least I now have the incentive to have a go at getting a good setup on the none BOP’ed car??

Just Reading the above. it is only the Ferrari 55 and shadow V8 that are BOP’ed. that means the Ferrari 57 is not.

The ferrari 550 on the BOP'ed (server #3) vs the 575 un-BOP'ed(server 4) would be interesting ernie if you wan't to check that out. The 575 has power advantage, now post BOP, but it certainly feels harder to drive on a default(ish) setup.

I'm in love with the Lambo btw. How can you find it the most difficult @Interslice? It's by far the easiest for me!

Never said it was difficult it was just slow! Drove it at Monza. It really struggled to keep up with the 550, despite taking the whole event super serious with setup, prep etc. The ferrari just pulled away on the straights, even if they had a bad exit and me ready for slip stream 1 metre behind it made no difference!

Last edited:
Viper is the most fun to drive in my opinion.

Lambo was hardest to drive, at least around here. It's a lottery over the kerbs which slows it down considerably in Variante Alta. I also couldn't get temps in the front tires like a I could with the other cars.

Never said it was difficult it was just slow! Drove it at Monza. It really struggled to keep up with the 550, despite taking the whole event super serious with setup, prep etc. The ferrari just pulled away on the straights, even if they had a bad exit and me ready for slip stream 1 metre behind it made no difference!
You're right, that was Enzo :whistling:
I guess when you're 2 seconds faster than me, the Lambo becomes difficult over kerbs.
Quite funny that I experienced the exact opposite of what Enzo said!

I agree that it's not the fastest though.. Although it was pretty fast around Imola in my hands!

You posted an overview with the lap times. Was that before the BoP?
Could you do the same with the BoP server included and note down the top speeds too?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%