AC RSS FIA GT @ Imola - BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading nowhere, but please keep reading!!!

Join us!

Hi folks

We have discussed before the possible requirement for a BOP on these cars, similar to the GTE/GT2 class. The Lambo and Viper in particular seem to struggle to keep up with the others.

Hopefully a combined effort form all of us can give each car an equal chance. As part of this bit of TLC for these cars there is some extra content below which you will need to install to join the server.

We will start with no BOP on the cars and update as we go. The server will record the fastest laptimes automatically so you just need to jump in and drive the different cars. Only thing for now is to make sure you have the same amount of fuel in each car and drive consistently in each.
This will help us determine restrictor and ballast values. It's limited to medium tyres only, as there were the race tyre of choice. (2 x 30 minute stints)

If any of you have free time over the holiday period it would be great if you could help us out

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Server

• Race Department Server # 4
Cars:

DLC is required for this event

• Tornado v12 - Lister Storm GT
  • Vortex v10 - Dodge Viper GTS-R
  • Ferruccio 55 v12 - Ferrari Maranello GTS 550
  • Lanzo v12 - Lambo Murcielago R-GT
  • Shadow v8 - Saleen S7R
  • Ferruccio 57 v12 - Ferrari Maranello 575 GTC

Link to purchase car pack - Currently 33% off

Required extra content

Real names update - Install rss_gt_data_real_names_v6 to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars

Skin pack 1
Skin pack 2
Skin pack 3
Skin Pack 4

Event details:
  • Track: Imola
  • Track Temps: 20C Air / 25C Track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory

Last edited:
Server is up!

It's limited to medium tyres only, as there were the main race tyre of choice.

I saw those! Always happy to add new skins to the list. Are custom skins a new feature of the new hosting provider?
Not sure what will happen with skins yet. Early days testing things. Let me know if anything is broken!
Skin pack 3 will need to be installed manually to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_gt_shadow_v8\skins. The others just drag them into CM.

Last edited:
Hi Brian, love these cars and will do my best to help out. Cant promise Sunday as yet for the obvious reason. Would it not help for me to spend time testing the cars in identical situations running up to the weekend. On or off line, i know i can do that for sure

I’ll help where I can Brian. I know I’m not particularly fast but when I test I try keep consistent to see where set up changes are having an affect.

Hi Brian, love these cars and will do my best to help out. Cant promise Sunday as yet for the obvious reason. Would it not help for me to spend time testing the cars in identical situations running up to the weekend. On or off line, i know i can do that for sure

Cheers Steve. There is no event specific event. I will just run the testing server for the next few weeks, updating it when there is enough data!

Pm sent with password.

Ok, that was not a good start. Used the name change files as instructed. All cars are now dispersed into real names, that is ok but not where i would of preferred to keep them. My fault for not backing up. Anyway, biggest fault is i am getting check sum issues and cannot enter server

Brian, unless you require anything different all my testing will be with car in complete default mode inc. tyres and 35ltr fuel. Luckily, they drive great without any tweaking .
I'll do the same Steve.
I see you on the server but I'm getting Checksum error.

I thought I'd loaded real names and skins as instructed , any tips??

Last edited:
The real names fix works offline and skins loaded too.

Is the server configured to accept real names as per notes in download?

"If you apply the rss_gt_data_real_names fix you will get an checksum error entering multiplayer unless the server is using this fix as well. To enter an multiplayer server using vanilla content, apply the rss_gt_data_default fix before entering the server. Restart of AC not needed."

It is getting complicated now Paul. Would love to start again but the cars have now merged the data. If only i had a copy of my receipt for the cars on email i could download fresh files. I dont think the cars have been updated. Just going to check on RSS

The real names fix works offline and skins loaded too.

Is the server configured to accept real names as per notes in download?

"If you apply the rss_gt_data_real_names fix you will get an checksum error entering multiplayer unless the server is using this fix as well. To enter an multiplayer server using vanilla content, apply the rss_gt_data_default fix before entering the server. Restart of AC not needed."
Well, the quoted text says you should not use the real names or you will get a checksum error..

The real data names names I believe is the 3 or 4th option out of the bunch. Keeps the folder names and car names the same offline, but when online, it marks the car as it's real name.

The download should have a "fix" to return the cars to their default state too if you need to restart.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%