AC RSS FIA GT @ Imola - BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
With all cars in out of the box setup and 35ltrs i found the Viper to be around 1 second slower followed by the Lambo about half a second more than the rest. Viper feels heavier and reluctant to move and the Lambo feels like it has less traction on the corners. Both were just as fast as the others i think and it may be a different story on another track like Road America as an example

Interesting reading this - have used them extensively in another group, conclusion was don't include the faster Ferrari at all (forget which one, but it's massively quicker than the rest in most circumstances - why have 2 anyway??) and make sure there's a big variation in tracks to level them out. Setups were allowed oc.

I guess that wasn't very useful:p:laugh:

Last edited:
Interesting reading this - have used them extensively in another group, conclusion was don't include the faster Ferrari at all (forget which one, but it's massively quicker than the rest in most circumstances - why have 2 anyway??) and make sure there's a big variation in tracks to level them out. Setups were allowed oc.

I guess that wasn't very useful:p:laugh:

I was tempted by that as a quick fix solution, but alot of folk had grown attached to the 550. Also the others cars needed a BOP anyway. To me it only really makes sense to get rid of the slowest car, if it's way off the others.

I think there was about 2 seconds between the Viper and the 550 for me and I definitely tried harder with the Viper.
No doubt you can go faster than the laptimes I did. I used 60L and I drove them as if I was doing a race stint.

Viper is the most fun to drive in my opinion.

Lambo was hardest to drive, at least around here. It's a lottery over the kerbs which slows it down considerably in Variante Alta. I also couldn't get temps in the front tires like a I could with the other cars.

The lap with the 575 I did is not representible. It handled like a dog and I got bored. Pretty sure it can do a 42.5 or .6 just like the Lambo and Lister, if you have more patience than I do.

Saleen is at least half a second faster than those. I don't think I had a good run through Variante Alta with it. It also seems to kill its tires the fastest of the bunch.

550 is another second faster than that.

A track that is less dependent on one corner with massive kerbs would be a good idea for the next step in BOP testing. :)

Also don't just start slinging lead around. AC also has the option to change the intake restrictor. This mostly reduces power at the top of the power curve (where the engine needs the most air). This means that it doesn't really change handling, braking, fuel use (a bit, but less than 50kg lead and in the opposite direction) and so on.

I agree that simply taking the 550 out would be the easiest solution but if we can balance them then that's the preferred option. Maybe not all the way down to the Viper, but I'll just drive that then. ;)

Oh and btw, the diveplane option for the 550 is only visual. :)

I think there was about 2 seconds between the Viper and the 550 for me and I definitely tried harder with the Viper.
No doubt you can go faster than the laptimes I did. I used 60L and I drove them as if I was doing a race stint.

Lambo was hardest to drive, at least around here. It's a lottery over the kerbs which slows it down considerably in Variante Alta. I also couldn't get temps in the front tires like a I could with the other cars.

The lap with the 575 I did is not representible. It handled like a dog and I got bored. Pretty sure it can do a 42.5 or .6 just like the Lambo and Lister, if you have more patience than I do.

Saleen is at least half a second faster than those. I don't think I had a good run through Variante Alta with it. It also seems to kill its tires the fastest of the bunch.

A track that is less dependent on one corner with massive kerbs would be a good idea for the next step in BOP testing. :)

Also don't just start slinging lead around. AC also has the option to change the intake restrictor. This mostly reduces power at the top of the power curve (where the engine needs the most air). This means that it doesn't really change handling, braking, fuel use (a bit, but less than 50kg lead and in the opposite direction) and so on.

I agree that simply taking the 550 out would be the easiest solution but if we can balance them then that's the preferred option. Maybe not all the way down to the Viper, but I'll just drive that then. ;)

Awesome testing!
Can you check your topspeeds to see if restricting the 550 would be a good way forward?
Basically make it the assetto mclaren 650s of gt3s with its lowest top speed but mega handling.

It all makes a lot of sense to me.:)

I've only been driving the Viper so far given that I am getting used to VR( I LOVE IT), but I find it quite manageable. Got it down to 1:46 and still not driving on the limit of the car. I've noticed that it helps to nudge it through some corners with some minor lift off oversteer to help it rotate.

In that regard, maybe it's an good idea to share setups and the like here?

Fully agree with Enzo too that the Viper is the most fun you can have, the Lister did not mesh with me at all when I tried it.

Last edited:
Nice! how does BOP work? Is it something you do serverside or will we need to download certain files?
Server side :)
When you create a server, each car in the entry list has weight and restrictor settings.
If you link cars to steam IDs, you can set these for specific drivers too.

And if someone's too fast during a session, you can login with the admin PW and use something like /restrictor car16 80
Giving car number 16 80% restrictor.

I know we chose not to use the restrictor in the past. I think the issue is that it is very track specific and I'm sure you don't want a different BOP per track.

I would personally be fine with not BOP-ing the Ferrari 550 at all and leaving it to the slowest drivers only. The difference with the faster guys is 3 seconds or more anyway. But I can see this turning into an argument about who is allowed to use it or others not being okay with it.

I think what John wrote earlier about not having the Ferrari 550 is the best option. This car is in a different league and hard to get in line with the others. You still have 5 cars to pick from.

The Saleen just needs a bit of a BOP or it will run away with it as seen in past championships.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%