AC RSS 1970 V8 @ Rouen Les Essarts - Tue 9th Jan 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
RSS1970.jpg

As recommend by you we're taking the fabulous RSS 1970 F1 car to the Rouen Les Essarts circuit in France. This might only be a short track but it's a rollercoaster in these cars.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 091807.jpg

Note the car is paid content but it's less than the price of a coffee so well worth it.

The format will be 2x25mins races

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go
here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 GMT (21:00 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: RSS 1970 V8
  • Track: Rouen Les Essarts
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: not mandatory.

Useful Links:
Entry list:
Server 3 is up

Last edited:
Wow! Nice one Colin. What a fantastic combo! Did some laps last night and was transported back to the days when I would race around this track in GPL.

Of course I have a meeting scheduled on the day of this event but if it falls through I’m in!
I’ll go ahead and register.

Wow! Nice one Colin. What a fantastic combo! Did some laps last night and was transported back to the days when I would race around this track in GPL.

Of course I have a meeting scheduled on the day of this event but if it falls through I’m in!
I’ll go ahead and register.
Note it 2x25 min races so hope you can join for at least one race.

It is a great combo so I'd urge anyone whose wondering to just buy the car, for what is the price of a cheap coffee, and have a go on the server.

Note it 2x25 min races so hope you can join for at least one race.

It is a great combo so I'd urge anyone whose wondering to just buy the car, for what is the price of a cheap coffee, and have a go on the server.
unfortunately, I will be away from my rig, eh I mean 'Desk', all day today for meetings so I will not be able to attend this one.

have fun guys, that is a really fun combo!

Guys,

The Thursday event promises to be fun but even more with a bigger grid.
The track has something special as you will notice when driving on it.

And it doesn't need much practice so if you have the time, please sign up!

Last edited:
Two lonely races at the front for me. Race 2 I was already in first place after half a lap.. you guys don't have to get out of the way for me :p

Too bad Jason had a jump start in race 1 and crashed out in race 2, I was reserving some pace for when he got closer :)

I would love a championship with this car but I'm afraid not many will show up for it. Maybe have a poll for attendance ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea