AC Brazilian Shopping@Mirandapolis, Thu 11th january 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Due to a race last year, the Fiat Panda has gained quite a few enthusiastic followers in our community.
That's why now a race with only Pandas in an environment for which the car was designed: a city.
To cheer it up we are going to Brazil in a carnivalesque atmosphere as a contrast to the weather here in Europe at the moment.

So sign up for some fun and samba!

1704476618500.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to
https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/d751e5b8-9438-48d9-a484-6b01ea5a9fcc?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Car:
  • Track: Mirandapolis SP,
    (links for google.drive or dropbox are under the video)
  • Pit stop: Mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last night I stumbled over this thread and had to try this track after watching the video.

The atmosphere is cool and the track is a challenge, also with the Panda. I hope to find the time to participate. ATM I can't tell...

Hey Han, a great track. I had lost it and now found it again thanks to you. Would of been great using the Honda Acty maybe instead. You know you owe us another shot with that truck :whistling:

Hey Han, a great track. I had lost it and now found it again thanks to you. Would of been great using the Honda Acty maybe instead. You know you owe us another shot with that truck :whistling:
I've considered the Acty for this but I've also promised the Panda.
But be sure I'll find a great track for the Acty too.

BTW: it something going on Wednesday? No sign ups yet for the multiclass?

Last edited:
I'll try and make it Han, but I'm at the Autosport Show in Birmingham all day so unsure what time I'll be home. I'll register anyway.

A bit of an interesting story here....................

I'm going to the show with a friend who drives in the real world TCR UK championship in a Seat Cupra. When speaking to him just before Christmas, he said he had always braked using his right foot and felt that this was costing him time as the younger drivers were using left foot techniques. I told him about my rig and that I mostly use the left foot braking. So I invited him over to try my rig and practice some left foot braking.

Interestingly he had just done a test at Brands Hatch Indy circuit so I set up the track and weather temps etc to what he was experiencing in real life.
His best time during the real life test was a 49.8 and using the Cupra TCR mod in AC he started off in the low 50's. After an hour he was matching his real times right foot braking. Then the swap to left foot braking and amazingly he took another 0.7 off his best time, as he got comfortable with it. What was impressive though was his comments on how realistic the sim and rig felt. Obvious no G-forces but he said that the car felt very similar and the track was impressively realistic, so much so he is now looking to buy a rig etc to do some winter practice. So nice feedback from a real racer.

Apparently there will be some SIm racing products at the show so who knows what I might come home with, hopefully better than the Covid I came home from Slovakia with over Christmas!!

Last edited:
I would love to race with a car that has been proven to drive realistic by an expert!
For me it's always questionable how the cars in AC compare to cars in real life.
Yes Han, exactly my thoughts too so it was fascinating to see how close what we do is to the real thing. ( in this case).
I have set up my rig to be as immersive and realistic as possible, most of the time detrimental to fast lap times, for example, if the car has H pattern shifting then that’s what I use. likewise with sequential and paddles. Also, I will run higher ffb on cars with engines in the correct place, (up front) to replicate the weight over the front wheels and with my new pedals I can change the characteristics of the pedal feel.
He said the feel of the wheel was very close to the power steering on the Cupra, the way it sounded and the traction out of the corners were spot on. He did say his car had more oversteer so we made some changes to rear toe and he said that it was amazing how that changes he would do to his real car translated to the sim. With more toe out he could go faster than he did in real time but not so far out of scope that made if unrealistic.
No doubt there will be others who have different opinions on real vs Sim but it was interesting to get some feedback from an experienced racer. ( Kumho BMW champion 2005 & 2006, BTCC 2007, Britcar 2021, TCR UK 2023)

Yes Han, exactly my thoughts too so it was fascinating to see how close what we do is to the real thing. ( in this case).
I have set up my rig to be as immersive and realistic as possible, most of the time detrimental to fast lap times, for example, if the car has H pattern shifting then that’s what I use. likewise with sequential and paddles. Also, I will run higher ffb on cars with engines in the correct place, (up front) to replicate the weight over the front wheels and with my new pedals I can change the characteristics of the pedal feel.
He said the feel of the wheel was very close to the power steering on the Cupra, the way it sounded and the traction out of the corners were spot on. He did say his car had more oversteer so we made some changes to rear toe and he said that it was amazing how that changes he would do to his real car translated to the sim. With more toe out he could go faster than he did in real time but not so far out of scope that made if unrealistic.
No doubt there will be others who have different opinions on real vs Sim but it was interesting to get some feedback from an experienced racer. ( Kumho BMW champion 2005 & 2006, BTCC 2007, Britcar 2021, TCR UK 2023)
Could you share the setup, Paul?

Any more facts on that?

( a quick search didn´t show any)
Hi Carsten

The BMW's ( 330 and 120) are in seperate BTCC (ok, not strictly TCR) packs along with others such as the Infiniti.

I have them all on my drive and originally got the 330 through

www.racedepartment.com/downloads/british-touring-car-championship-2023.63616/

However, just trying the links again bring up a virus warning on my machine. I'm sure they are avaialble elsewhere though.

The 120 is part of another BTCC pack that I got when we were on the WSS platform for a while (and still on there) and were built by Shaun Clarke and are still available if you Google Assetto Corsa BTCC. (Sorry, I don't want to break any link rules on RD).

So whether they are now 'legal'on RD is not known but even so they are a fun drive.
You are correct in that the TCR pack and champonship that was on RD were all those pesky FWD things!;) (they drove ok though).

Could you share the setup, Paul?
Hi Han

The car is the Shaun Clarke Cupra TCR (2018). This is the Gen 1 Cupra, The Gen 2 is a bit quicker.

Brands Indy
Track Temp 6.0 degrees
Wind 2 kmh
Slow track

In game FFB was at 100
Road 57
kerbs 100

Attachments

• rick test3-rear toe0.19-49.04.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 33
Last edited:
Yes, The Shaun Clarke mod (actually a 125i M sport) is definately RWD, I've been in the gravel enough times to confirm that!:D
Do you think it could be a good candidate to have it as a second RWD car as a competitor for the MX5 Cup?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.4%