AC RSS 1970 V8 @ Rouen Les Essarts - Tue 9th Jan 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey Colin, check out this track pack. The quality is amazing.

ASR TRACK PACK 1992​

They are all free and i believe legal. Only Monaco being badly optimized.
A bit younger for our 1970 car i know but done very well and consistant.
In the meantime i will check out some other options.

Rainmaker updated 16 F1 tracks from 1988. All downloads listed on RD. Maybe they will do.
I have them all on my drive and i believe they are all workable.
There is a whole bunch of 60's tracks done by Sergio Loro which would work well but i do not know if they are allowed plus some of them are paymods.

Not sure what it was with this combo but i did not get on with it. I also kept missing gears, I have noticed my pedals acting up the last few day so i wonder if it's related or am i just trying to find excuses for poor driving.

Last edited:
It was very easy to make a costly mistake. I lost my Race 2 pole in the he second corner and was last! I then only got third in the end due to the errors of others.

Not sure what it was with this combo but i did not get on with it. I also kept missing gears, I have noticed my pedals acting up the last few day so i wonder if it's related or am i just trying to find excuses for poor driving.
The twice you saw me screw up in the hairpin was because i missed gears. Does not like to be rushed on the downchange. Other than that couple of mistakes i totally enjoyed both races and the car just flowed through the lap when i had it in control. Car is one of my all round best drives imho. In the second race i was flying and still finished 30 secs. behind Laurent!

Thanks for the races. Good stuff podiums.
I was cr@p with so many self-induced mistakes I lost count.
Also paid the price for a last-minute car swap. But great cars imo.
Must say the sprints are very cool, fast and furious;-)
Also, two chances to cock-up!!! Or do good at least once...
Next!!!

One thing about the Rouen track, very nice but AI are really bad and crash all the time, which is a shame.

My take….
Not much positive to say, other than I find this car to be very temperamental.
It bites in a way that I find difficult to get an understanding of.
Could not get any pace out of the thing, but first race I did okay, capitalised on others mistakes, then for a reason I am not sure about the thing decided to have a hissy fit, and off I went.
Second race got clobbered on the first corner, so spent that session experimenting, still with a number of visits to the pits for setup changes, got some sort of rhythm going.
But apart from the obvious, same problem, absolutely no confidence in the thing..
Great for fun practice, point less for me as a race car to race competitively in.
The Alfa GTAm can be a bit wayward, but I always know why???

Last edited:
Why would you say that?
Like I said, a feeling..

Some of you practice a lot and then someone shows up and is 30 secs in front, I can imagine that is not very fun.

But then again, you were 22 seconds faster than Colin in third who was 24 seconds ahead of Paul in 4th :p

The field will be more spread out the more difficult the car/track combination is.

Ok, nevermind.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes