Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@LilSki

Hate to throw water on this thread, but I've noticed an issue that may include other (but not all) tracks, but Riverside is one of them that's causing issues for me.

With my current settings, I'm able to run >180FPS on this track alone in a Practice session, with both CSP+SOL on, as well as most of the other detail settings turned to maximum. Adding the 23 AI opponents drops that to ~40, without any noticeable "maxing out" of my hardware to be seen within either Task Manager's hardware monitor or MSI Afterburner's.

My assumption is that, since this track hasn't received an update since 2017, that CSP or Sol has done something in the meantime to "uncap" some limitation that you didn't have to worry about when optimizing your most recent build, and now that it's uncapped, it's somehow overloading things before it even tries to tax my system.

That said, my only indication that this is the case is the difference I see by simply disabling CSP and hopping back into the same AI-populated scenario, doubling my frame rate at the very least, which puts me about where I'd expect to be, as my system actually starts getting taxed at that point. For whatever reason, doing so makes the game not recognize input from my G29 once I hop into the actual driving, but obviously that's not your problem.

I can do this same sort of scenario at a load of other tracks without issue, including both Kunos and user-made content with their own major amounts of CSP integration. This isn't meant to be a bash at all, just an acknowledgement that it's been a little while and may need another look, seeing as it's one of your most "legacy" products.

If you need any further info from me, I'm happy to oblige, just didn't want to make this message any longer than it actually is. Thanks!

Your scratch build Riverside looks so much like rFactor version that was made from my GTR2 track by derDumeKlemmer and that GTR2 version was conversion from old commercial Papyrus game.

I mean that because the real track does not exists in decades so you cannot have any new data for it, it is almost impossible to create better track surface / altitudes than Papurys made then.

No hard feelings, i'm just curious ;)

@LilSki

Hate to throw water on this thread, but I've noticed an issue that may include other (but not all) tracks, but Riverside is one of them that's causing issues for me.

With my current settings, I'm able to run >180FPS on this track alone in a Practice session, with both CSP+SOL on, as well as most of the other detail settings turned to maximum. Adding the 23 AI opponents drops that to ~40, without any noticeable "maxing out" of my hardware to be seen within either Task Manager's hardware monitor or MSI Afterburner's.

My assumption is that, since this track hasn't received an update since 2017, that CSP or Sol has done something in the meantime to "uncap" some limitation that you didn't have to worry about when optimizing your most recent build, and now that it's uncapped, it's somehow overloading things before it even tries to tax my system.

That said, my only indication that this is the case is the difference I see by simply disabling CSP and hopping back into the same AI-populated scenario, doubling my frame rate at the very least, which puts me about where I'd expect to be, as my system actually starts getting taxed at that point. For whatever reason, doing so makes the game not recognize input from my G29 once I hop into the actual driving, but obviously that's not your problem.

I can do this same sort of scenario at a load of other tracks without issue, including both Kunos and user-made content with their own major amounts of CSP integration. This isn't meant to be a bash at all, just an acknowledgement that it's been a little while and may need another look, seeing as it's one of your most "legacy" products.

If you need any further info from me, I'm happy to oblige, just didn't want to make this message any longer than it actually is. Thanks!
One of those classic “I’m using CSP/SOL, the problem is definitely with your track” scenarios. Not the creators responsibility to keep updating the mod every time CSP breaks something. But if I was you, maybe try unticking options in the track adjustments page.

it is almost impossible to create better track surface / altitudes than Papurys made then.

So much wrong with this statement...

Your scratch build Riverside looks so much like rFactor version that was made from my GTR2 track by derDumeKlemmer and that GTR2 version was conversion from old commercial Papyrus game.

I mean that because the real track does not exists in decades so you cannot have any new data for it, it is almost impossible to create better track surface / altitudes than Papurys made then.

No hard feelings, i'm just curious ;)

That video is of a authorized conversion of my track genius....

My track is mine and shares nothing with any other versions of Riverside out there. Mainly because they are all junk ESPECIALLY the Papyrus version. Have a nice day...

Last edited:
@LilSki

Sorry but I'm not really responsible for what CSP/SOL breaks. There isn't really anything I could change anyway. It's designed for base AC and has always worked fine for me running CSP and SOL. Likely some option in CSP you can turn off to fix it.

@LilSki

That’s fine, clearly from John’s comment this happens a lot, my apologies if I said anything out of turn; like I said, not trying to be a jerk here, happy to help as needed/if needed.

I’ve contacted Ilja and Peter with the same question and am waiting to hear back from them; I have no idea what sort of contact AC’s content creators have with each other, and wanted to make you each individually aware of a problem I noticed, just in case it’s a problem for others too, that’s all.

Really, what about this, it seems that stealing is new normal these days...

Cars - Porsche GT2 RS MR tuning deleted | RaceDepartment
His point was how ridiculous it is that you somehow thought that my riverside was based on the papyrus version of the track. Considering how terrible the papyrus track is, it's pretty funny.

Do some proper research before you accuse someone of stealing. My track is well documented that it is all original work.

After a long discussion with leBluem and some step-by-step troubleshooting, we're guessing the 1971 NASCAR pack I was trying to make work is the real culprit here, even though they work like a champ on Watkins Glen, for no apparent reasonable change and with presumably even more load on the system (42 vs 23 AI cars, etc). Good thing the contact info for that pack's developer is so widely known... They got some 'splaining to do. Feel free to remove my comments here, as can't seem to find an easy way to do so on my end, I really hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers!!!

He is clearly trolling..
I asked is this AC Riverside mod scratch build or not. Normal answer is YES or NO

Now you start your angry behavior against to me, why? So is it scratch build for AC or not? Or is it rFactor track that is converted and recreated for AC?

Please notice that the real Riverside track not exists anymore so it is impossible to have any new data for it, then all other versions are good enough so no reason to recreated whole track.

This AC version looks quite similar with rFactor version so for me it looks like conversion, that's why asked. Conversion is not the same thing as scratch build no matter how much work you have to do. Thanks.

I asked is this AC Riverside mod scratch build or not. Normal answer is YES or NO

Now you start your angry behavior against to me, why? So is it scratch build for AC or not? Or is it rFactor track that is converted and recreated for AC?

Please notice that the real Riverside track not exists anymore so it is impossible to have any new data for it, then all other versions are good enough so no reason to recreated whole track.

This AC version looks quite similar with rFactor version so for me it looks like conversion, that's why asked. Conversion is not the same thing as scratch build no matter how much work you have to do. Thanks.
Not angry at all mate. Ok so let's see your line of thought:
  1. "Riverside does not exist anymore, so it is impossible to have any new data for it."
    Even Elvis Presley does not exist anymore but it is still possible to find unreleased recordings of him. Apparently Lilski found some good material. You can see the development here (and btw I see you posted in that thread back in 2016, so Lilski already answered you back then. What's the point of asking again now?):
    RELEASED - Riverside international raceway 0.6 | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum (assettocorsa.net)

2. "Or is it rFactor track that is converted and recreated for AC?".
    Well 2019 happened after 2016. The rFactor 2 track you linked was completed in 2019 while Lilski track is from 2016. It literally takes 5 seconds of searching "riverside rfactor 2" to find the page: Steam Workshop::Riverside International Raceway (steamcommunity.com)
Edit: I removed unnecessary irony.

Edit 2: @Kimmo Kokkonen you did not "ask is this AC Riverside mod scratch build or not". You said:
"Your scratch build Riverside looks so much like rFactor version that was made from my GTR2 track " which means you are telling everyone that you think Lilski is a liar. That is a totally different way of asking a question, don't you think?

Last edited:

I wasn't going to respond but this post is just too crazy to let it go.

I personally am annoyed as this is about the 3rd time you accused this one track of being stolen in some nature. You even posted in the first few pages on the AC forum when I started this track about your precious GTR2/RACE07 version. I stated then how horribly inaccurate all those tracks are and thus I set forward to recreate the track from scratch to make it as accurate as possible.

Your statement about Riverside not existing anymore is true. But to say there is no point to recreate the track because it has already been made is just beyond ridiculous. Back in 1999 when Nascar Legends was made Youtube didn't even exist yet. There was no way to study hours and hours of vintage footage of the circuit. It doesn't take a genius to realize real quick how bad those old version from Nascar Legends and Nascar Heat really are.

I spent 4 months alone working on the layout one section at a time side by side with onboard footage to recreate this track as closely as possible to the real thing. To the point I have had actual drivers of Riverside in tears when driving their first laps around my version of the circuit. With one comment being "Nobody has ever gotten the esses right in any previous versions like you have done here". So I take it as it was worth the time to do the right thing and rebuild the circuit and throw those old version in the trash heap where they belong.

As for the rfactor 2 version as said all it takes is looking at the dates. My track was released in 2016 with rfactor 2 being released in 2019. AND the rfactor 2 track clearly credits me for the original work.

So please go elsewhere with your "mod legitimacy" crusade as there is nothing to see here.

I know this is most likely a third party issue with shader patch.
But why does the dirt appear as vegetation when cars run wide at riverside.
This doesn't happen at the glen or road america.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.