Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanx,
my machine is a Lenovo y 700 gaming laptop with a 4 GB Nvidia Geforce 950M and a Intel I 5 at 2.5 Ghz,very new an powerfull - when i set PP Filter off,all is ok,turning them on it's not drivable.Drawdistanc?Lod?
Shame,it is a very good track.
DC

Still my favorite mod track for AC, here is some appreciation shots.....:)

uJeKtP.jpg

Pure luck that the blimp is reflected in this shot....
VETuI5.jpg

63aatx.jpg

Thanks!

It should have some. Don't expect it to be like a gravel trap. It is sand but it isn't loose sand. I have a video of Dale Earnhardt cutting the esses to avoid a lap down car without losing any speed and rejoining the track without incident. The esses area in particular was groomed before the race to ensure it was smooth.

Well then maybe it is right, well probably they didn't have had thick loose sand by the edges of the tarmac. Really unique track. Sand is all around, while in most tracks there is grass.

There is video from 1963 of Dan Gourney loosing Cobra in the Esses in his victory lap, he goes further into off track, and huge amount of dust rises, and seems like he stops quickly there, but thats further outside the track, they probably had a sand trap there.

The end of this video

Well then maybe it is right, well probably they didn't have had thick loose sand by the edges of the tarmac. Really unique track. Sand is all around, while in most tracks there is grass.

There is video from 1963 of Dan Gourney loosing Cobra in the Esses in his victory lap, he goes further into off track, and huge amount of dust rises, and seems like he stops quickly there, but thats further outside the track, they probably had a sand trap there.

The end of this video
The track landscape changed drastically in 1968 to what It is like in 1988 how I modeled it. They did not pack and groom the esses back then.

This is the video I was talking about.

Well, looks like it was really not slowing down him very much :D Beautiful video and race btw, would be nice to have such car in AC (wishlisting kicks in)

They probably had thicker layers of Sand further off track, but we can not have progressive surface values on its different areas in AC, probably in most games.

I just had a thought that your track would really benefit from loose surface physics, if it would be possible to have tarmac physics and loose surface physics in the same track. Because looks like cars didn't have had very much damping while going straight, but when sliding sideways, here is great video, of some not so great moments:

Oh, I also remembered one more thing by watching your video, check it at 3:00. The cracks repair seams are really shiny actually :)

Well, looks like it was really not slowing down him very much :D Beautiful video and race btw, would be nice to have such car in AC (wishlisting kicks in)

They probably had thicker layers of Sand further off track, but we can not have progressive surface values on its different areas in AC, probably in most games.

I just had a thought that your track would really benefit from loose surface physics, if it would be possible to have tarmac physics and loose surface physics in the same track. Because looks like cars didn't have had very much damping while going straight, but when sliding sideways, here is great video, of some not so great moments:

Oh, I also remembered one more thing by watching your video, check it at 3:00. The cracks repair seams are really shiny actually :)
Yeah mine have some shine but I guess not enough. I have an AI update to release at some point so I may take a look at those shaders.

Oh, that's not a kind of an RIR update post from LilSki I wanted to see. Only found out by looking at it what happened, read the rest on other forums.

Living on the other side of the planet I never had a chance to meet/see The Man, but even putting his professional accomplishments aside, I knew just by watching any interview with him I could find, how a valuable person he was.

In all of the research I've done on old cars for AC, many of which he drove at one point, I have to say he stood out as a particularly impressive figure from an era of impressive figures. We're lucky to have some guys from those days still with us, but we're at a point in time where this kind of story will be more and more common.

I love Riverside but AI cars almost invariably run very wide (or totally off the track, sometimes terminally) at turn 7 - is there a recommended AI update anywhere to counteract this?

There is a set here. Never tried them though.

Someday I'll finish the update for this. I just need to take a month at some point and do a round of updates on all my stuff.

There is a set here. Never tried them though.

Someday I'll finish the update for this. I just need to take a month at some point and do a round of updates on all my stuff.
Thanks @LilSki - I found them too and was just returning to recommend them. They solved the issue in the few cars I've tested so far. :)
Looking forward to your updates - Spanish 'flu is a good excuse for a month off work... ;)

Is this were they did a part of the movie Ford vs Ferrari were ken miles drove the ford gt 40 racing against cobras or am i just stupid
In real life Riverside was the primary test track for most of Shelby's creations because of its long back straight. In the movie I'm pretty sure they used Willow Springs. They did use Willow in real life but not as much as Riverside.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 298 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years