next one

IMG_2547.JPG

Last edited:
i like the idea - videos seems to be impossible - eg the LMP2
this project took aprox 12month - too many changes, updates, new technologies
when i start a project i cannot tell how and when it will end

maybe i can do a tear down video - definitely helpful for DIY colleagues
but to i am not sure about the other side of this coin - people doing business with simracing
not sure about - hope you understand

Very clear to me. And also well understood.

I mention this because I do know that putting together 'production quality' vids is a very time intensive process that takes away from your personal time. What would be very interesting, or 'enough'..... (just an idea) is just a camera setup while you do your work, and you talking during the video about what you are doing. No big editing, just record, post, and the viewer can complain as they wish if it's not so professional. A sort of 'watching over the shoulder' approach as if someone were there with you during the job (or pieces of the job). If the videos evolve over a year or more, so be it. I think the interest for DIYers is to just be able to observe and hear comments along the way. I don't think there's a need to have a concise beginning-to-end sort of how-to.

Edit: I suspect the real problem is that YOU would not be ok with posting raw/unpolished vids. It's clear your standards are high, and this approach probably would not sit well with your standards..... ;)

In terms of the second concern, an idea might be to have a sort of 'private' group with membership approved by you. Vids only viewable by your selection.

Anyway. Well understood that's all your choice and no matter what, the results are impressive, intriguing, and there are lots of us eager to learn and try some of this as well.

All the best. Great to see your posts and updates. Thanks for all of that, they are really appreciated.

Last edited:
Very clear to me. And also well understood.

I mention this because I do know that putting together 'production quality' vids is a very time intensive process that takes away from your personal time. What would be very interesting, or 'enough'..... (just an idea) is just a camera setup while you do your work, and you talking during the video about what you are doing. No big editing, just record, post, and the viewer can complain as they wish if it's not so professional. A sort of 'watching over the shoulder' approach as if someone were there with you during the job (or pieces of the job). If the videos evolve over a year or more, so be it. I think the interest for DIYers is to just be able to observe and hear comments along the way. I don't think there's a need to have a concise beginning-to-end sort of how-to.

Edit: I suspect the real problem is that YOU would not be ok with posting raw/unpolished vids. It's clear your standards are high, and this approach probably would not sit well with your standards..... ;)

In terms of the second concern, an idea might be to have a sort of 'private' group with membership approved by you. Vids only viewable by your selection.

Anyway. Well understood that's all your choice and no matter what, the results are impressive, intriguing, and there are lots of us eager to learn and try some of this as well.

All the best. Great to see your posts and updates. Thanks for all of that, they are really appreciated.
i thought already about a special DIY group - which i already run with some local buddies
for the time being i am 100% loaded with my projects and doing the documentation
unfort i am not the video guy - always the last thing - so often i thought - ****, why i did not make a video during a soldering session

thanks for the idea - try to take it on my list

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
DIY Brake Bias

another DIY project for you

IMG_2511.JPG

added it to my manu sequ shifter

IMG_2515.JPG

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1449502

Wow!! amazing detailing mate!

Can I ask if you have any issues with unwanted vibrations/rattles escaping to the custom dash from the bass shakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! amazing detailing mate!

Can I ask if you have any issues with unwanted vibrations/rattles escaping to the custom dash from the bass shakers?
hi - since i run the springs 95% of the vibrations are filtered - some effect, especially those at higher frq rates (eg speed and rpm going above 250km) can be noticed out of my tactile areas. those you start to feel eg at the steering wheel. ddu10 and my new custom dashboard is not effects (no noise plastic virbrations). thanks to eluflex and my isolation mat nothing is tranfered to he floor - meaning my family does not recognize it at all
peter

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1449502

Yeah I get that too with certain high frequency effects being felt at the wheel. For my next build I really want to find an approach that will completely eliminate that

So impressive.

Can you tell us more about the buttons? They just look so perfect. Are they purchased button caps? Or you make them? They look like they have some sort of clear lens or perhaps resin/epoxy covering the text/graphic.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.