About to do the fan mod myself. Can’t you just pick the glue off and disconnect the old fan, then plug the new Noctua fan in keeping the black and red wires in the same orientation? The 3-pin from the fan plug will have an extra pin hole off to the side, with no pin in it, but still works. No need to cut and old solder any wires.

At least that’s the way I’ve seen the YouTube videos I’ve watched do it. Just trying to make sure my plan isn’t flawed.
did not work for me - hence i did as i did it :)
maybe older behringer had a different connector

I used the new fan connector. Have to orient the plug the correct way so that the fan receives power but no cutting and rejoining necessary. I did not get a Noctua, however. I am very glad that I did not. I had to RMA my amp and it would have been a big F for me to send it back with that mod done, as I would not have been able to swap the stock fan back in. I did buy a new amp before sending the damaged one back, however, so in theory I could have used the fan from the new one and been totally fine. But for anyone not willing to replace their amp while having to deal with an RMA, you're pretty stuffed.

Cosworth CCW MK2

some updates :)
new handles, new USB cable, new stickers, fixed some internal cabling

IMG_2413.JPG
IMG_2415.JPG
IMG_2419.JPG
IMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2421.JPG
IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG

Last edited:
Have you considered going into business with your wheels? Top notch workmanship and quality parts used, easy to justify spending $1K +++ on one of your wheels.

I'm not trying to put words in his mouth, but I'm going to take a guess.

1. This is a labor of love that he does for himself.
2. Production isn't something he considers fun and it would turn his labor of love into work.
3. He doesn't own the licensing to sell a product based on these manufacturer's wheels.

Sim rigs are passion projects pure and simple.

Have you considered going into business with your wheels? Top notch workmanship and quality parts used, easy to justify spending $1K +++ on one of your wheels.
not really - its a passion and i do not want to end up in doing business
looking at the efforts and costs - 1K +++ will not be possible

I'm not trying to put words in his mouth, but I'm going to take a guess.

1. This is a labor of love that he does for himself.
2. Production isn't something he considers fun and it would turn his labor of love into work.
3. He doesn't own the licensing to sell a product based on these manufacturer's wheels.

Sim rigs are passion projects pure and simple.
would not be able to summarize it better

Understandable, could be very lucrative though. Cube Controls, GSI, SRB ... generic branding could take care of the liscening. However, I totally get it.
at the moment only Fanatec is doing licensed wheels - seems to be very difficult to convince them
honestly i really doubt that this business i lucrative - maybe if you produce 1.000 pcs
knowing my costs - knowing the market - i am honestly not sure

It will be a PASSION :)

let me continue with some BMW M8 GTE upgrades

decided to buy a resin printer - main reason (flex resin print - failed so far)
lucky i have the BMW project - and i did not find great transparent button caps

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

Last edited:
I've seen people achieve extremely high detail with resin printers. I suspect that you will find creative uses for it over time and it could at least reduce your finish time. Knobs would seem to be a perfect fit for resin printing.

Were you trying to print a rubbery coating for knobs or the grips?

I haven't tried printing TPU yet, but I would think molding an elastomer might be easier. I played with silicone molds and resin a little while back. It might be possible to create a silicon mold from a resin print and then insert a smaller epoxy knob onto the mold and pour a rubbery coating around it.

Your finish work is impeccable. I'm curious to see how your resin printer fits into this over time.

so far i only tried flex resin to have an alternative handle solution
unfort each and every print failed.

now i am will use the printer for knob prototypes - button caps - and other small elements

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back