rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed they are set to release the mighty Spa-Francorchamps circuit for rFactor 2 later this month.

Having taken to social media earlier today, Studio 397 have finally confirmed the mystery track heading the way of rFactor 2 later this month will be Spa-Francorchamps - adding yet another high profile laserscanned circuit to the simulation.

At present, the studio have just revealed initial screenshots of the circuit in game, however an exact release date has yet to be revealed, aside from the fact it should be released within the month of November.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more news and information about this exciting new track release as and when it becomes available.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Spa 3.jpg

I am glad for those who are excited about getting a S397 version of Spa in RF2. I already have a great Spa so I was not missing Spa in RF2 and I am not looking forward to this version. It will not change my usage of RF2, so not very exciting from my perspective.
Any updates and improvements will be very welcome On the other hand.:)

Last edited:
For the pack to REALLY make an impact, i think it would be "caddy + another dpi" or "caddy + new porsche + corvette c8" or like @boxer said, "dpi + c8 + track" BUT they're already making a gigantic track and i don't think s397 would make a "cars + tracks" pack.

I don't think just a "dpi+ a single gte car" pack would make much of an impact on the community.

Last edited:
from the october roadmap: " it will form part of a wider car pack ".

So A no tracks in this pack
B it doesn´t have to be an endurance pack due to calling it a wider pack (it also points at this being the only DPi), it might feature some cars from feature events or something completly different, it could be DPi some GTE and LMP3 or sth random which happens to come at the same time so they just packed them together or it may also be a JDC themend pack since they seem to cooperate (that would give us the DPi, Audi RS3 TCR, Ligier LMP3 etc), but thats all equally possible so don´t hype things up :) (the roadmap also says we will know more next month)

if you want to be profiteering, developing a hardcore racing sim is hardly the best way to go about it...
Absolutely agree on this one.
This is exactly why I was severely disappointed with the route Reiza Studios had taken.
Milking the cow with the Madness engine is a smart move, financially speaking.
But these racing geeks from Netherlands are doing it the right way.

Last edited:
from the october roadmap: " it will form part of a wider car pack ".

So A no tracks in this pack
B it doesn´t have to be an endurance pack due to calling it a wider pack (it also points at this being the only DPi), it might feature some cars from feature events or something completly different, it could be DPi some GTE and LMP3 or sth random which happens to come at the same time so they just packed them together or it may also be a JDC themend pack since they seem to cooperate (that would give us the DPi, Audi RS3 TCR, Ligier LMP3 etc), but thats all equally possible so don´t hype things up :) (the roadmap also says we will know more next month)
JDC themed pack is also possible. A VERY low possibility but still, possible.

Absolutely agree on this one.
This is exactly why I was severely disappointed with the route Reiza Studios had taken.
Milking the cow with Madness engine is a smart move, financially speaking.
But these racing geeks from Netherlands are doing it the right way.

Not sure why there is such an obsession with the Madness engine on so many of these forums. PC2 wasn't the standard we all hoped for, but I think that was down to content rather than the underlying platform.

From everything I've seen and read Madness is an extremely well put together and well optimised game engine. Also as I understand it Reiza has full access to all source code, so are able to modify the engine as they want, and will do over time.

Much as I appreciate the work S397 has done since they took over RF2 I suspect it hasn't been easy for the developers to work with given the unfinished state ISI left it in which is why pace of development is so slow.

Can't wait to wait for this track to load for 5 minutes :)

Nordschleife loads less than 2minutes, so.... only for the first time tracks load so long, thats because rF2 is working on realroad the first time you are loading.

I am glad for those who are excited about getting a S397 version of Spa in RF2. I already have a great Spa so I was not missing Spa in RF2 and I am not looking forward to this version. It will not change my usage of RF2, so not very exciting from my perspective.
Any updates and improvements will be very welcome On the other hand.:)
What's wrong with the Assetto Corsa rip?

Well it is a rip, so that is wrong thing. Second, it is not great, plus, I bet, S397 version will have plenty more authentic road mesh features.

.Well it is a rip, so that is wrong thing. Second, it is not great, plus, I bet, S397 version will have plenty more authentic road mesh features.

I am glad for you that this additional track has all the important features that will take your enjoyment of RF2 to an other level.
I wish you many hours of bliss appreciating the finer road mesh details trough the exquisite RF2 FFB, knowing your are using an 100% kasher, non converted, original S397 creation of a quintessential track. . :)

...so painfully slow? Since when is less than 2 minute load time anything less than glacial? All other sims load less than 15 seconds, maybe excluding iracing.

It is alright for me, could always be better. IIRIC it is something like 100seconds for me, and that is a lot less than 5minutes like one guy claimed. And which sim loads Nordschleife or similar size track in less than 15 seconds ?

...so painfully slow? Since when is less than 2 minute load time anything less than glacial? All other sims load less than 15 seconds, maybe excluding iracing.

If only my local track was 2 minutes away...
Good things are worth waiting for ;)

On a more serious note, it would be nice if rF2 tracks loaded faster, but unless one changes tracks every few laps, somewhat longer loading times should not be a deal breaker (we are talking a minute or two longer than other sims)

It is alright for me, could always be better. IIRIC it is something like 100seconds for me, and that is a lot less than 5minutes like one guy claimed. And which sim loads Nordschleife or similar size track in less than 15 seconds ?

AC if you just hotlap. Once you start adding cars (which is more fair to other sims) it takes longer, but still plenty fast

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%